Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #2791
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
I'm confused and am hoping that any fellow BC fans who are also AP holders can help me.
So, we are booked this August with a FD BB offer from last August and with our pkg we have 8 day PH passes. Because DH & I are heading back to the world in October (san children ), we thought it would be more beneficial to upgrade his tickets and mine to AP's after we get there in August and then buy the TIW card to use for any OOP meals/drinks on the current trip then all our food/drinks in October. Now, I read the sticky ticket thread and thought I had it figured out but now I'm not sure after reading some conflicting information. I thought that once we entered a park (will do that on the first day), we could take our KTTW card to one of the ticket booths, have them remove our tickets from our card (so not to mess up our dining credits), then upgrade just DH & my tickets to AP's. If this is the case, am I paying the difference of what we actually paid for our 8 day PH and the new cost of an AP? or am I paying the difference of we paid for our 8 day PH vs. the new cost of the 8 day PH and the new cost of AP? Does this make sense?

Here's my experience from last month 5/26-5/30 with trying to get an AP:

So Sunday after DME drop off we got settled in room & went to AK. My 1st order of business was to get AP at AK guest relations & then I was told that because of the "new media" they can't upgrade my package tickets to an AP until after I check out because "I will lose everything on my card, including dining plan & access to room & that then it can take many hours to fix!" I ask for a manager who says same thing & says I can only upgrade AFTER I check out, I explained that thur when I check out it will be at 8:30a to get on bus to fly home & cannot possibly get it then. It was pretty much presented as "oh welll." I was so disappointed as I wanted AP to start using discount on trip!

So on tue I went to guest relations in Epcot & get a better answer. The CM tells me that after I use my last meal on wed from dining plan to then buy AP as issues with dining plan not working correctly, but that technically my aunts card should work through it all so she can redeem my snacks (technically my dining plan, but not to risk missing a meal). This CM was so helpful & made me feel so much better.

So wed after Ohana dinner we went back to MK & went to guest relations & I got my AP! This CM also said I had to wait until meals were used & also told me I couldn't use fast pass with new AP unless I went back outside & thru turnstile again because it doesn't know I'm in park since I just bought it.

So this was a giant ordeal, but in the end I got my AP! I was disappointed though that I couldn't use AP discount until wed night as I could've saved some more money!

So I went to 3 different guest relations, saw multiple CMs & pretty much got same response every time!

Through it all I just kept telling myself "you're in your happy place, stop worrying about stuff you can't change," that helped!

I have been reading lots of threads since my trip with people with similar problems. One suggestion was to request at check in that tickets be placed on separate card from KTTW card so there are no issues later, but that would require the CM checking you in to know how to do that & not sure if everyone's trained to do this.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #2792
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Teena - wonderful news! I think being home (with rice pudding to boot!) will be the best medicine ever.

Dee - just wanted to tell you that I bought the windbreaker style BC last year and loved it! With all the rain we had this spring it was perfect for ds's baseball games. I also got the BC frig magnet so I can think about BC every single day!

4 DAYS FOR US!!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #2793
ocalla
DIS Veteran

I'm really hoping the windbreaker is still their!! Every drizzly soccer game I wish I would have picked it up last year. So thus year, it's mine!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 06-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #2794
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Kayla View Post
Finally! After months of planning our first ever WDW trip I am sitting at SAB watching my daughter in the pool! We just checked in around 2:00 and our room wasn't ready so we came to the pool to recharge after a morning spent at MK.

Online check-in was great and our packet was waiting for us. I just received the text that our room was ready so it only took about 40 minutes.

We had an early morning ADR at Crystal Palace. DD6 and I ate really fast (not huge eaters) and ended up being first at the internal rope! We also ended up first at Enchanted Tales with Belle!! Everything I learned on the DIS was totally true as we got done, ETWB, Ariel's Grotto, Little mermaid ride, dumbo, barnstormer (twice), philharmonic (sp?), space mountain and we stopped at the character spot in the circus area and got pics with Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy! Last but not least we had lunch at BOG and then did people mover and headed out of the park around 1:00.

Headed to room now, please let me know if you have any questions. I've learned SO much from these boards and would love to return the favor.
That is soooo exciting!!! Have a wonderful trip! I am curious how long the bus was to MK, assuming you went by bus? We have an ADR at Park Fare our first night. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
I always go to that board but then get so overwhelmed that u leave again haha!!
That is me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
Teena, I'm very happy to hear Bob is going home! That is wonderful news!

Amanda, Congratulations on your DVC purchase! We own at BLT and love it! Welcome home!

Dee, Woo hoo! Your trip will be here before you know it!

I'm heading to WDW tomorrow & having dinner at Cape May! So excited!
Have Fun!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #2795
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Hey, has anyone seen this???

Starting today, until August 6:

When you have a counter service meal at one of the participating locations, you will receive a coupon for 20% off shopping, again at specific locations, if used from park opening until 1 pm. Not sure if that is same day, but the thread I read indicated it was valid the next morning.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/...s-tomorrow.htm

Well this is super cool. I wish they did it year round!

Quote:
Finally! After months of planning our first ever WDW trip I am sitting at SAB watching my daughter in the pool! We just checked in around 2:00 and our room wasn't ready so we came to the pool to recharge after a morning spent at MK.

Online check-in was great and our packet was waiting for us. I just received the text that our room was ready so it only took about 40 minutes.

We had an early morning ADR at Crystal Palace. DD6 and I ate really fast (not huge eaters) and ended up being first at the internal rope! We also ended up first at Enchanted Tales with Belle!! Everything I learned on the DIS was totally true as we got done, ETWB, Ariel's Grotto, Little mermaid ride, dumbo, barnstormer (twice), philharmonic (sp?), space mountain and we stopped at the character spot in the circus area and got pics with Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy! Last but not least we had lunch at BOG and then did people mover and headed out of the park around 1:00.

Headed to room now, please let me know if you have any questions. I've learned SO much from these boards and would love to return the favor.
It sounds like you had an awesome & productive day! You got to do a lot! Enjoy the magic!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #2796
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom

Have Fun!!!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #2797
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
Here's my experience from last month 5/26-5/30 with trying to get an AP:

So Sunday after DME drop off we got settled in room & went to AK. My 1st order of business was to get AP at AK guest relations & then I was told that because of the "new media" they can't upgrade my package tickets to an AP until after I check out because "I will lose everything on my card, including dining plan & access to room & that then it can take many hours to fix!" I ask for a manager who says same thing & says I can only upgrade AFTER I check out, I explained that thur when I check out it will be at 8:30a to get on bus to fly home & cannot possibly get it then. It was pretty much presented as "oh welll." I was so disappointed as I wanted AP to start using discount on trip!

So on tue I went to guest relations in Epcot & get a better answer. The CM tells me that after I use my last meal on wed from dining plan to then buy AP as issues with dining plan not working correctly, but that technically my aunts card should work through it all so she can redeem my snacks (technically my dining plan, but not to risk missing a meal). This CM was so helpful & made me feel so much better.

So wed after Ohana dinner we went back to MK & went to guest relations & I got my AP! This CM also said I had to wait until meals were used & also told me I couldn't use fast pass with new AP unless I went back outside & thru turnstile again because it doesn't know I'm in park since I just bought it.

So this was a giant ordeal, but in the end I got my AP! I was disappointed though that I couldn't use AP discount until wed night as I could've saved some more money!

So I went to 3 different guest relations, saw multiple CMs & pretty much got same response every time!

Through it all I just kept telling myself "you're in your happy place, stop worrying about stuff you can't change," that helped!

I have been reading lots of threads since my trip with people with similar problems. One suggestion was to request at check in that tickets be placed on separate card from KTTW card so there are no issues later, but that would require the CM checking you in to know how to do that & not sure if everyone's trained to do this.
Yikes!!!!
Well, I too want to take advantage of getting my AP earlier so I can get and make use of the TIW card for all my OOP dining expenses. So, I was just told that since I'm only upgrading two out of the four of us, that I can just use one of the kids' KTTW cards for the dining credits for all four of us should the dining credits on our two cards gets messed up. Oh boy..I guess I'll find out soon enough!

Old 06-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #2798
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerish View Post
We arrived home late last night due to a significant flight delay and all I heard in the airport was, "Why couldn't we be waiting at the BC instead of the airport cause then I could still be swimming in SAB."

We had a wonderful time and loved, loved the location of the BC. Both our rooms were on the 2nd floor and near each other. One was an extra large corner room with 3 windows but no balcony of any kind. It had two queens and a day bed and was about a third again bigger than a standard room. The other room had 2 queens, no day bed and a full balcony. That room had the "florida" accessible bathroom but the tub bars were correctly placed for it to work for me.

On Sunday I got the opportunity to meet Teena. She was charming and gracious in person and it was a thrill to actually get to meet her.

S0unds amazing

Quote:

When you have a counter service meal at one of the participating locations, you will receive a coupon for 20% off shopping, again at specific locations, if used from park opening until 1 pm. Not sure if that is same day, but the thread I read indicated it was valid the next morning.

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 06-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #2799
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post

That is soooo exciting!!! Have a wonderful trip! I am curious how long the bus was to MK, assuming you went by bus? We have an ADR at Park Fare our first night. Thanks!

That is me!!!

Have Fun!!!
We got lucky and walked right onto our bus! It took maybe 25-30 minutes or so...? I was so excited that I didn't keep track of the time.
July 1- 5, 2013 - Polynesian Resort, Walt Disneyworld

January 1-5, 2014 - Paradise Pier, Disneyland
July 28-August 2, 2014 - Split stay at Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel

(other trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris as a kid but it's so much more fun now as a mommy!)
Old 06-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #2800
Mommy to Kayla
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post

Well this is super cool. I wish they did it year round!

It sounds like you had an awesome & productive day! You got to do a lot! Enjoy the magic!
Yes, I was a little worried because we are from seattle and not use to this heat at all. But being there at roped drop (and having an 8:05 breakfast reservation really helped. I had decided that if we weren't in the first ETWB group that we would skip it and do something else. So when we were first I was shocked! When we got out the line was sooooo long. So yes I was very proud of myself for what we accomplished in almost 4 hours.

DD is taking a nap and then it's Cape May for dinner and the Tomorrowland Dessert Party at 9:00!
July 1- 5, 2013 - Polynesian Resort, Walt Disneyworld

January 1-5, 2014 - Paradise Pier, Disneyland
July 28-August 2, 2014 - Split stay at Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel

(other trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris as a kid but it's so much more fun now as a mommy!)
Old 06-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #2801
marivigi
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone, we will be checking in at the Yacht Club on August 8th, yipee!!!

There are a lot of us going!!!, 12 in total, 8 adults and 4 kids 5 and under. We booked water view and would like to be close to the lobby and SAB. Would this make it convenient for:
a) pool
b) buses
c)walkway to Epcot?

Should we just request close to the pool? or close to lobby?

Its our first time at this resort, and half our party are Disney First timers!

Thanks so much for all your help!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #2802
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I was a little worried because we are from seattle and not use to this heat at all. But being there at roped drop (and having an 8:05 breakfast reservation really helped. I had decided that if we weren't in the first ETWB group that we would skip it and do something else. So when we were first I was shocked! When we got out the line was sooooo long. So yes I was very proud of myself for what we accomplished in almost 4 hours.

DD is taking a nap and then it's Cape May for dinner and the Tomorrowland Dessert Party at 9:00!
It sounds like a great day so far. You'll have to let us know how you like Cape May. It is our favorite restaurant and we have ADR's for our trip in Dec.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 06-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #2803
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marivigi View Post
Hi everyone, we will be checking in at the Yacht Club on August 8th, yipee!!!

There are a lot of us going!!!, 12 in total, 8 adults and 4 kids 5 and under. We booked water view and would like to be close to the lobby and SAB. Would this make it convenient for:
a) pool
b) buses
c)walkway to Epcot?

Should we just request close to the pool? or close to lobby?

Its our first time at this resort, and half our party are Disney First timers!

Thanks so much for all your help!
Well if u put close to lobby, it would work for everything. The doors to the pool exit from the back if thd lobby, and the doors in the fri t if the lobby will take you to the bus stop. The walkway to Epcot can be reached from the back doors of the lobby also.

Happy Planning!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 06-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #2804
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I hadn't heard about it this year but that same deal has been offered the past two or three summers. I took advantage of it two years ago but not as much last year.

You can use it the following morning. It would be a worthless coupon if you received it after 1pm and it expired at Midnight that day.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 06-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #2805
catho72
DIS Veteran

Oh, and the coupon is only available at certain stores.....the bigger ones....World of Disney, Mouse Gears, Emporium, etc... The locations are listed on the coupon.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: