Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #2746
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I don't know when they are. I just know that one time we went last year and of course we could not participate in the early hour and we waited while resort guests were going in. I looked on the calendar and didn't see any listed so maybe they aren't doing them this summer.

Haven't heard from Bob. I'm heading over in an hour. Wanted to make him rice pudding (his favorite) for when he comes home and do some wash. Dr. is suppose to see him mid-afternoon. I'm hoping he's released today but that's a long shot.
He hasn't called so that's good news. If he was hurting, he'd be calling me to complain.
HAHA my DH would do the same. He will be so happy to see rice pudding when he gets home!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 06-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #2747
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Just emailed Guest Relations with the EMH question for TL or BB, and the response was that NO Emh will be offered for waterparks during our stay

You would think during the peak summer hours (and the heat) they would still offer this. Oh Well, I guess I should look at the bright side that we get to have a good breakfast before we head out!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #2748
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Just emailed Guest Relations with the EMH question for TL or BB, and the response was that NO Emh will be offered for waterparks during our stay

You would think during the peak summer hours (and the heat) they would still offer this. Oh Well, I guess I should look at the bright side that we get to have a good breakfast before we head out!!!
Sending you a PM
Old 06-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #2749
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Need some help

I'm confused and am hoping that any fellow BC fans who are also AP holders can help me.
So, we are booked this August with a FD BB offer from last August and with our pkg we have 8 day PH passes. Because DH & I are heading back to the world in October (san children ), we thought it would be more beneficial to upgrade his tickets and mine to AP's after we get there in August and then buy the TIW card to use for any OOP meals/drinks on the current trip then all our food/drinks in October. Now, I read the sticky ticket thread and thought I had it figured out but now I'm not sure after reading some conflicting information. I thought that once we entered a park (will do that on the first day), we could take our KTTW card to one of the ticket booths, have them remove our tickets from our card (so not to mess up our dining credits), then upgrade just DH & my tickets to AP's. If this is the case, am I paying the difference of what we actually paid for our 8 day PH and the new cost of an AP? or am I paying the difference of we paid for our 8 day PH vs. the new cost of the 8 day PH and the new cost of AP? Does this make sense?
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Old 06-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #2750
lov2b@disney
DIS Veteran

Teena thinking if you and bob... Glad he is doing well...

Old 06-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #2751
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My DD is also in year round travel soccer!! She will be playing this weekend again, then a week away in July and returns 3 days before we head out for BC!!! Don't you just love the way The season ends JUST in time for it to start all over again
That sounds like us...Been travelling last month for LAX (ends this weekend in Va Beach), then month before for basketball and soccer, then month before that for dance....Yikes!! My DH and I joke that we have turned into "those people" I used to laugh out driving their kids all over. The seasons never end! And of course you add in the 20 hour (JK) swim meet... Wouldn't have it any other way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I don't know when they are. I just know that one time we went last year and of course we could not participate in the early hour and we waited while resort guests were going in. I looked on the calendar and didn't see any listed so maybe they aren't doing them this summer.

Haven't heard from Bob. I'm heading over in an hour. Wanted to make him rice pudding (his favorite) for when he comes home and do some wash. Dr. is suppose to see him mid-afternoon. I'm hoping he's released today but that's a long shot.
He hasn't called so that's good news. If he was hurting, he'd be calling me to complain.
Hope he (and you ) got some rest last night!

Questions? How do the BBs work? This will be our first time staying on property in Oct at BC and understand there might be an offer in our room? Do you have to book before you leave? A deposit required? When are the most likely dates for it....Like for example, do we have to come back within the year or that same week in Oct.? Thanks. I know there probably is a BB thread but thought you guys might know.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #2752
natebenma
DIS Veteran

In case anyone is wondering...

Just about 3 weeks from right NOW, my family will be happily checking into the Beach Club.

That is all.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #2753
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Is there a BC specific key chain?
Excellent Question. I don't know, but I suspect the answer is yes.

Maybe someone who has been to the resort recently can confirm.

I'll photo shoots of resort-specific merchandise when they were introduced in early 2012. I am sure there have been some additions to the line of items.

I'll post both BC and YC stuff. There is a YC keychain, so I don't see why there wouldn't be one for BC too.

[/COLOR].
Old 06-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #2754
vyrg
Lilipépite

I just can't wait to do this magical travel with my family. I have a question. How long does it take to go to Downtown disney by Bus ? Is it easy to find ?

Thank you very much !
Old 06-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #2755
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Beach Club Resort Merchandise (March 2012)

Beach Club Resort Merchandise

Actual pictures provided by "A Friend of the Beach Club"

Drum roll please!!!!!

We are pleased to present you with actual useful information.
Provided here for your amusement is a selection of photographs representing

BEACH CLUB RESORT WEAR!!

First we have the lovely resort T-shirt with a NEW graphic!

This T-shirt is in the "distressed' style so the streaks of missing color are part of the theme. In Feb 2012 the price for this shirt was $24.95

Next up we have the lovely resort jacket:

This 100% Poly, microfiber jacket has 2 zippered 8 inch by 7 inch side pockets for your hands and a large zippered 10 inch by 9 inch INSIDE pocket located behind the logo on the left chest side. This jacket also comes with a hood that can be zippered up into a convenient collar pouch. This jacket comes in sizes up to 3x and the price in Feb of 2012 was approximately $70 dollars.
The jacket is constructed of an outer poly microfiber shell and a has an additional lining of poly mesh in the body area. The sleeves are lined with a solid (not mesh) poly liner. The back of the jacket is solid blue with no additional embellishment.

here is a peek at the resort polo shirt... approximately $35.00

Next up we have a category I like to call "resort chotchkies"

Beach Club Mug, LUGGAGE TAG (1 of 2) and Water Bottle

Note: the mug and the H2O bottle ARE NOT dishwasher safe. The luggage tag is in the middle in front of the glass. In in Feb of 2012 , The mug was $11.95, this type of luggage tag was $4.95 and the water bottle was $14.95

Next up we have Beach Club luggage tag (2 of 2) This was $5.95

and finally we have the Beach Club fridge magnet....

We hope you have enjoyed your tour of the Beach Club Resort specific Merchandise. If you are unable to hoof it over to the Beach Club Market Place and you would like to try ordering this stuff, call the Parks Merchandise # 1-877-560-6477 between the hours of 9am -8pm Monday thru Friday. EST

ALSO KEEP IN MIND THAT OTHER ITEMS MAY BE AVAILABLE THAT WE DON'T HAVE PICTURES OF ~and~ that the Market Place location MAY BE OUT OF STOCK OF A PARTICULAR SIZE OR STYLE. Definitely call this number (Parks Merchandise # 1-877-560-6477) and ask if you can order it if it is not available at the time of your visit and you would still like the item.

Please remember to take all your belongings with you and take small children by the hand as you exit this tour of the Beach Club Resort Wear Merchandise. Thank you and come again.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #2756
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Just about 3 weeks from right NOW, my family will be happily checking into the Beach Club.

That is all.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #2757
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Yacht Club Resort Merchandise (January 2012)

Yacht Club Resort Merchandise

photos provided by MickeyT, January 2012

Clothing

Souvenirs and Gifts

Old 06-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #2758
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I remember when they used to have Friday night EMH at TL, nice in August. I think last August they had a morning EMH? But by the time we got there it was half over, long bus wait

Have they stopped EMH al together now
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 06-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #2759
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Dee thanks for posting the merchandise pics! Are the round things fridge mags?
Too bad they got rid of the boat in the gift shop, it was super cute!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 06-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #2760
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
That sounds like us...Been travelling last month for LAX (ends this weekend in Va Beach), then month before for basketball and soccer, then month before that for dance....Yikes!! My DH and I joke that we have turned into "those people" I used to laugh out driving their kids all over. The seasons never end! And of course you add in the 20 hour (JK) swim meet... Wouldn't have it any other way!

Hope he (and you ) got some rest last night!

Questions? How do the BBs work? This will be our first time staying on property in Oct at BC and understand there might be an offer in our room? Do you have to book before you leave? A deposit required? When are the most likely dates for it....Like for example, do we have to come back within the year or that same week in Oct.? Thanks. I know there probably is a BB thread but thought you guys might know.
BB offer will be in your resort info booklet, yes you must book before check out and pay the usual deposit. Offers vary from room discount to free dining. Hard to say what the offer will be in October. When we were there in January 2013, the offer was for room discounts thru 2013. Some date exclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrg View Post
I just can't wait to do this magical travel with my family. I have a question. How long does it take to go to Downtown disney by Bus ? Is it easy to find ?

Thank you very much !
Yes, easy to find. The bus stop is out front of main resort entrance clearly marked. It is recommended you give yourself an hour to get there if you have ADRs. Unfortunately the DTD bus is shared with all the Epcot resorts so it will take awhile to get there.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: