Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #2716
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Teena, Very happy to hear Bob's surgery went well. Thoughts and prayers still coming your way.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #2717
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy12099 View Post
Teena- I just signed up tonight on this forum (no longer a lurker) as I'm sitting by the beach club pool and my wife and kids have been thinking about your husband every day. They keep asking did you read anything about teena's husband? So happy to hear that he is doing well. We will keep thinking of you both. We leave on Sunday so I'm not sure if we will see you. So nice to meet you and make sure you save some of those tasteykakes for your hubby
He ate one last night ... it was actually his last food before the surgery!! I start at 8 AM so hopefully I'll see you on Sunday!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #2718
tommyboy12099
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post

He ate one last night ... it was actually his last food before the surgery!! I start at 8 AM so hopefully I'll see you on Sunday!!!
We will most certainly see you before heading back to Philly
I will be the depressed one crying as my wife drags me out to magic express.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #2719
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Try and get some rest.....

Old 06-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #2720
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy12099 View Post
We will most certainly see you before heading back to Philly
I will be the depressed one crying as my wife drags me out to magic express.
Did you book a bounceback yet - check out the dates ... the offer is in your room in the BE OUR GUEST booklet? Food and Wine Festival is fantastic and perfect for a long weekend!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #2721
tommyboy12099
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Did you book a bounceback yet - check out the dates ... the offer is in your room in the BE OUR GUEST booklet? Food and Wine Festival is fantastic and perfect for a long weekend!!!
I need to hit the lottery first. Or maybe I can talk my wife into the Disney vacation club having kids in expensive sports is tough. We are so enjoying our time here. Problem is the kids always want to be on the pool.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #2722
Babooagain
Earning My Ears

I am so glad to hear that Bob is doing so well! It truly is amazing what they can do to give people a healthier life. Keeping the family in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #2723
DisneyDad in PA
Beach Club Fan!!

Quote:
Just came home to get a few things done. Bob is sleeping in his room and his color looks great.

Thank you everybody for all the prayers and good wishes. You guys are all like family and you have no idea how much you are caring really means to us.

And Dee, thanks for the updates and super thanks to you for posting Lily's princess dancing debut on the thread. I hope everybody gets a good laugh out of it. I watched it numerous times today ... any time I was getting nuts waiting, I watched her video on my phone and I just thought of her and the dancing she is going to do at the beach in two weeks ... with her PopPop holding her hand!!
Teena this is Great News!!
2008 Aug Poly
2009 Nov Poly
2010 July Beach Club
2011 July Hard Rock Hotel
2012 July Beach Club
2013 Aug Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel

Me, DW, DS 16, DD 14
Old 06-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #2724
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do you have any idea how many times I've heard that? I get that even when it's raining and they want to know when it's going to stop. Like I know??????

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 06-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #2725
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
In 1 week and 1 hour I will be landing at MCO

Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #2726
daneenm
Just call me Pollyanna ...everyone else does!
this is the first time we had tried it
The kitchen is not typically a likely option

So glad Bob's surgery went well, Teena. We haven't met, but I hope to pop by BC during our stay at YC to say hello. I really appreciate the great information you provide.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
- DLH: 1999, 2008 (Concierge)
- GCH: 2004, 2006 (Concierge), 2009, 2011, 2012

WDW:
- YC Concierge: 7/23/07 - 8/2/07

Wish I could visit more....
Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #2727
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Teena -

So glad to hear that Bob is doing well! Praying for a speedy recovery.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #2728
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
While Bob was working at the Contemporary and I was doing my thing at the BC (same hours so we car-pooled), he picked me up one night after work and I said, "boy, that was some storm ... couldn't even see the Boardwalk because the rain was so heavy." He said, "what rain, we didn't have any rain at the Contemporary".

Sometimes an Animal Kingdom bus and a Magic Kingdom bus drops off at the same time. As the guests are walking through the front door, half are soaking wet and half are dry. It rained at one park and not the other.
So true! One of our stays we were at WL, and folks returning from MK said it was pouring there!! In Florida I think it can rain on one side if the street and not the other
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #2729
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
pages 170-179

Others have replied that all of the BCV have at least one full balcony, off the living room.

The number I have for booking an Illuminations Cruise is (407) WDW-PLAY.

to the thread!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Have I welcomed you yet? Are you on the Be Our Guest list? Just in case...

BUMP!

Which kitchen cooks the room service food?

Another, less expensive but not as convenient solution, is to stop somewhere on your way back to the room to get some food.

Flatbread, Sandwich, Salad or Grab and Go Sushi from the Marketplace

Burger or Sandwich from Hurricane Hanna's

When we are returning from EP to BC, we love bringing back something from either Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Café or France.

BUMP

Least crowded time at the checkin desk?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for September.

Others have responded about room condition. I think the general consensus is that most rooms at both resorts are fine, the hallway carpeting, especially at BC has overstayed its welcome and needs to go.

Great day to start a trip at the Beach Club!!! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on page 1.

Others have posted about their fishing experiences. Here is the number I have to call and reserve: (407) WDW-BASS

You are welcome!

I do have to admit, though, I can't use the string bag everytime I go to the parks. It is great when we are just popping into EPCOT for the night. In other cases, I am rocking a fanny pack.

For the class trip last year, I definitely had more "baggage" as I was responsible for 20 park tickets, 40 meal vouchers and 14 ID cards daily.

So glad to hear you are enjoying the BC so far!!!

Can't wait to hear about the Illuminations cruise!

Thanks for sharing your story. Put a smile on my face!

Well, you could always either carry them in your hands (if you still have one left) or if they have already been used, wear it in. You may look a little "different" if the sun is shining, but maybe others will give you plenty of clearance!

Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 06-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #2730
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Bear View Post
DBF and I will be checking in to YC in 58 days! We're spending 4 nights prior to this at SpringHill Suites on Int. Drive so we can go to SeaWorld and the parks that must not be named! My question is, when we check in to YC on the Tuesday, is there a time that would be best to check in?
We can get a taxi at any point, we were thinking of maybe doing some shopping before heading over. What is the quietest time of day to check in? We know with it being August our room probably won't be ready till around 3pm but are more than happy to spend some time at SAB!
I'm thinking we won't do the online check in because I have made our room requests via phone and I don't want the online check in to counteract these, plus we've never been to YC before (DBF has never been to Disney) so we might want to ask questions etc. Unless people think we would benefit from online check in?
IMO, it's less crowded to do check in during the morning. Since you will already be in town, you could go do early morning check in, drop luggage with Bell Service, then go shop. You'll have more room in the car for your shopping parcels too

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: