Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #226
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Happy Mothers Day everyone
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 05-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #227
Babooagain
Earning My Ears

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

Wow! I think I am doing the double digit dance today! Woohoo!,
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #228
disd55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi everyone,

Happy Mother's Day! One of my gifts today was getting uninterrupted Disboard time. Lol

So excited to be coming with my family of 5 in Oct. Nobody knows but me, and of course you guys, that we are staying at BC CL. My DH thinks AoA. I think he will be so excited!!!

Ok, now though I am questioning some of my ADRs and would love opinions from the BC/YC peeps. My kids are DS 13, DS 11 and DD 7. This is only our 2nd trip. Last time we did Ohana.

This time I have hoop dee Doo revue, tuskar house(lunch)...thinking of moving that to Camp May?? And prime time cafe(lunch)

Any thoughts or others suggestions for my age kids?

Thanks!!!
Happy Mother's Day!

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge one year and took the boat to the Fort Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue reservation that we had been excited about. We got there to find 100+ screaming families sitting at conjoined picnic tables, waiting for food and characters. We left immediately. That was upsetting. The characters definitely would not have had enough time to get around to everyone.

We also stayed at Beach Club, which was probably our favorite or 2nd favorite of the 4 Disney resorts we have stayed at. Do the Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast. The food is great, the atmosphere is quaint and the characters make it to every table.
BTW- Once you step into the Beach Club, you will never want to leave! The resort had the most amazing scent I've ever smelled! And the beds are the best of any Disney Resort. Its weird how after that stay, no Disney Resort has had beds like that one. The whole family never slept so well.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #229
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post

Happy Mother's Day!

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge one year and took the boat to the Fort Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue reservation that we had been excited about. We got there to find 100+ screaming families sitting at conjoined picnic tables, waiting for food and characters. We left immediately. That was upsetting. The characters definitely would not have had enough time to get around to everyone.

We also stayed at Beach Club, which was probably our favorite or 2nd favorite of the 4 Disney resorts we have stayed at. Do the Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast. The food is great, the atmosphere is quaint and the characters make it to every table.
BTW- Once you step into the Beach Club, you will never want to leave! The resort had the most amazing scent I've ever smelled! And the beds are the best of any Disney Resort. Its weird how after that stay, no Disney Resort has had beds like that one. The whole family never slept so well.
I didn't think there were characters at Hoop Dee Doo???
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #230
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Happy Mother's Day to you to!

I think you might be referring to Mickey's Backyard Barbecue.

Hoop De Doo Revue is indoors without characters and is a dinner show not a character meet and greet. There are not picnic tables.

Mickey's Backyard Barbecue is outdoors, picnic tables and a character meet and greet.

We really enjoyed HDDR!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
Old 05-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #231
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Hi! Everyone!

33 days until our BCV stay! So excited!

We just made another reservation for Cape May. We love to eat here, a family favorite.

Happy Mother's Day!!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013

Old 05-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #232
disd55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post

Hi Happy Mother's Day to you to!

I think you might be referring to Mickey's Backyard Barbecue.

Hoop De Doo Revue is indoors without characters and is a dinner show not a character meet and greet. There are not picnic tables.

Mickey's Backyard Barbecue is outdoors, picnic tables and a character meet and greet.

We really enjoyed HDDR!
Oh right! Silly me. But isn't Hoop dee doo Revue also at FWC?
Old 05-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #233
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes it is

Old 05-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #234
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is but not with characters and usually not with screaming children. You should see the HDDR show at least once...

Q for those in the know...we arrive at MCO at 8pm. What time can we expect to make it to YC if we take:
1.) ME
2.) Rental car
3.) limo service

Is it possible to do airline check in and not do ME?

I know I can ask the transportation board but figured one of y'all may know as well.

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Old 05-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #235
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

To the person who asked, there is a balcony outside the BC CL lounge. I don't remember if we stepped out onto it or not but I remember seeing it.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 05-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #236
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
On our last day at the BC in December 2012 we had a delicious breakfast in the Captain's Grille. It was perfect! It's a quiet place that is not "Disneyfied". This in itself is a welcome respite from all the Disney overload that one encounters on vacation and it's especially welcome in the morning before you return to human form with the addition of coffee and carbs.

The food is great because it meets the needs of all in your dining party. There is an all you can eat breakfast buffet and I think they even make your eggs to order here. Then there is the menu!

http://allears.net/menu/menu_ygb.htm

As you can see from the link they have many yummy options.

We walked up with out reservations and after a short wait we were seated with no problem. It was the perfect start to our last day on vacation. At the end of a WDW trip you are sort of tired and are looking to take it a little easier. We found the Captain's Grille to be a peaceful respite with delicious food. The all you care to eat breakfast buffet suited the carnivores in our family and the lobster lovers got their fill with that divine Lobster Omelet!

I'd dine at the Captain's Grille again in a heartbeat. I hope to drop in for dinner without an ADR on our upcoming trip in June. That all depends on where the wind takes us so to speak... Not having an ADR free's us up to concentrate on the parks. I like knowing that the Captain's Grille is the place to go on the fly. The only thing I would remember is that if you are going without an ADR, you should get there either earlier or later so as not to get caught up in the dinner rush..... but this applies to every dining establishment in WDW. The CG is also open for lunch so that is an option too!

Good luck with your planning~

Signed,
The Captain's Grille Groupie
Menu looks great! So we are used to staying at places that have better CS options, do you think CG would permit for us to order anything to go if lets say my DH stayed back at the room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi everyone,

Happy Mother's Day! One of my gifts today was getting uninterrupted Disboard time. Lol

So excited to be coming with my family of 5 in Oct. Nobody knows but me, and of course you guys, that we are staying at BC CL. My DH thinks AoA. I think he will be so excited!!!

Ok, now though I am questioning some of my ADRs and would love opinions from the BC/YC peeps. My kids are DS 13, DS 11 and DD 7. This is only our 2nd trip. Last time we did Ohana.

This time I have hoop dee Doo revue, tuskar house(lunch)...thinking of moving that to Camp May?? And prime time cafe(lunch)

Any thoughts or others suggestions for my age kids?

Thanks!!!
We've done HDDR and are doing it again this year! It will be the first time for the kids (DD16 doesn't count bc she was only 1). I think your kids are a great age for it. It is very energetic and fun! Sorry - I can't help on the other two. One other place that we love with kids is Teppan Edo! Entertaining and good food!!!!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 05-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #237
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
To the person who asked, there is a balcony outside the BC CL lounge. I don't remember if we stepped out onto it or not but I remember seeing it.
Do you know what the view is? Do you remember tables being out there?

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Old 05-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #238
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Boat launch from DTD: if we were to use the boar launch from DTD back to a certain resort, then take bus to Epcot or DHS, which resort boat should we use? Is POR the only one? Or are there others? Which is closer to DTD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
If you take the boat loop that runs from DTD to POFQ and then Port Orleans Riverside then yes the boat always stops at POFQ first.

On the boat dock from DTD there are different routes to Key West and Saratoga Springs, sort of like what you would find with the different bus routes at a Disney park. The BUS routes (not boat) at Saratoga Springs and Key West are kind of wonky with additional "internal" bus stops so the most efficient way to do the Boat to resort then Bus to park is via Port Orleans FRENCH Quarter.

That that being said, usually in the mid day hours the BUS goes from POFQ TO POR and does the internal bus route that POR has. So it's the time of day and the luck of the draw as to whether the BUS to the parks at POFQ goes right to the park or takes the detour and goes to POR as well.

Either way the detour to POR doesn't take that long and you will more than likely have first crack at a seat on the bus. I can't speak of the conniptions that you would encounter if you took the boat to say, Saratoga Springs, and then got on the bus. I only know the POFQ/POR bus conniptions!

Hope that helps!

~NM
I think you are right, POFQ is the way to go.

The two times we have used the DTD to DTD resort to EP to BC, we have gone to Old Key West and Saratoga Springs.

The ride to OKW was really pretty but pretty long. You have to consider the boat ride as part of a calming, charming trip.

We also did the boat ride to Saratoga Springs. A little shorter, but I think we waited a bit longer for the bus to EP to show up.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #239
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Menu looks great! So we are used to staying at places that have better CS options, do you think CG would permit for us to order anything to go if lets say my DH stayed back at the room?
I'm not sure if they will do "To Go" at Captain's Grille (you could ask) but if they say no, I bet you could order an extra meal and take the leftovers with you.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #240
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Just wondering...

What the main difference is between YC and BC club levels. Obviously the hotel, but what about size of lounge, view off lounge, staff, offerings? I have seen several, or maybe just a few, dislikes for the BC lounge because of size and traffic flow. YC only has a standard view open for our dates, and I think I'd rather have the nicer view from our room than a "better" lounge area. Thoughts and opinions anyone??

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: