Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #2161
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Finally made it to single digits. Don't know how much longer I could wait!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 06-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #2162
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Checking in, it's been a while since I posted.

I just got back home from a business trip to Las Vegas. My husband flew out to meet me and we had a really nice time. We stayed at the Palazzo, and man is that a nice hotel! I was out there for 5 days, and DH was there with me for 3 of them. It was fun out there, but I prefer Disney.

We saw Cirque du Soleil "Mystere" while we were out there, and I am thinking about going to the one in DTD. Has anybody done that, and are there any places to get discounted tickets the day of the show? We were able to get the tickets in Vegas for about $80 each, but the the online prices I saw for Orlando were really expensive. Do they sell out in Disney, or is it maybe possible to snag a better deal somehow?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #2163
Sappermont
DIS Veteran

Hi Beach & Yacht Clubbers!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to introduce myself but here goes! My DH and I just booked a trip for this September. We'll be staying at the YC for the first time!

I've already learned so much about the YC/BC from the DisBoards and this thread!

Thanks so much and I look forward to reading this thread!!

Have a magical day!
Old 06-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #2164
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappermont View Post

I'm not sure if this is the right place to introduce myself but here goes! My DH and I just booked a trip for this September. We'll be staying at the YC for the first time!

I've already learned so much about the YC/BC from the DisBoards and this thread!

Have a magical day!
Welcome to the Thread!!! Great choice in resort . Any question, please ask. There are some very knowledgable friends that will answer you here!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 06-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #2165
Sappermont
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Welcome to the Thread!!! Great choice in resort . Any question, please ask. There are some very knowledgable friends that will answer you here!!!
Thanks for the welcome! Love the DisBoards!

Excited to learn more about YC/BC!!
Old 06-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #2166
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
I bought Merrells a few years ago... didn't wear them much... took them out a few weeks ago and have been living in them!!! Very comfy!!

~N
Ended up trying some on at the store this morning- didn't love them as much as I thought I would- might have been the particular style they carried. The foot bed was really comfy but the strap felt like it would give me blisters. I ended up getting a pair of Keens which I loved- also picked up a new pair of Teva Mush for around the resort- my old ones are almost worn through!
Old 06-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #2167
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappermont View Post

Have a magical day!

This is absolutely the place to introduce yourself and ask any questions you may have.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for September.

There's lots of info on the first couple of pages of this thread, particularly Post 13 (FAQ) and Post 14 (Other Useful Info). Many informative and entertaining posts here too- this thread moves at warp speed! .

Happy reading!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #2168
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Do most BC CL rooms have a full balcony or is it only 50/50? Thanks so much for any info!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #2169
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Do most BC CL rooms have a full balcony or is it only 50/50? Thanks so much for any info!
I was wondering this too. We are booked BC WV CL and full balcony is my only request. I was curious what my chances of getting one are?

Old 06-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #2170
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Marie View Post

Reefs!! Yes!! Especially the "quilted" ones!

Please forgive typos Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Yes!!! I just bought those this spring!!! LOVE them!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #2171
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
I was wondering this too. We are booked BC WV CL and full balcony is my only request. I was curious what my chances of getting one are?
It's a higher than 50-50 at club level. I think it is closer to 75% full balconies from what I have been able to determine.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #2172
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

It's a higher than 50-50 at club level. I think it is closer to 75% full balconies from what I have been able to determine.
That would be great! I am so looking forward to sitting on my balcony enjoying a cup of coffee or glass of wine.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #2173
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Girl View Post
Body Glide is a great addition to the "packing list" anyway for chafing issues in general ...in a pinch you can use deodorant.

59 days....WOW!!!!
I agree. Body Glide is a must have. We use it on our feet in between our toes actually so we don't get blisters or irritations from the flip flops

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 06-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #2174
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Checking in, it's been a while since I posted.

I just got back home from a business trip to Las Vegas. My husband flew out to meet me and we had a really nice time. We stayed at the Palazzo, and man is that a nice hotel! I was out there for 5 days, and DH was there with me for 3 of them. It was fun out there, but I prefer Disney.

We saw Cirque du Soleil "Mystere" while we were out there, and I am thinking about going to the one in DTD. Has anybody done that, and are there any places to get discounted tickets the day of the show? We were able to get the tickets in Vegas for about $80 each, but the the online prices I saw for Orlando were really expensive. Do they sell out in Disney, or is it maybe possible to snag a better deal somehow?
We got our La Nouba tickets through undercover tourist at a discount.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #2175
em36
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acc9242 View Post

Animation academy is one of our new must do's. Its a great cool, dry way to kill time while waiting for TSM FPs. We take a cylinder shipping container to bring them home in. I have them saved for a future scrapbook or framing them for a Disney themed play room. Sounds like your enjoying your trip!
We had a wonderful trip, but sadly, we are now on our way home. We bought two drawing books as we went through the gift shop next to the Animation Academy. I asked them if they would send our drawings to the resort with our books and the CM said she would. She then put our drawings in a box so they wouldn't get crushed. The customer service was great!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: