Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #196
maa
Earning My Ears

How is Captain's Grille for breakfast? Is it crowded? How is the food? I'm intrigued by the dark chocolate waffles...
Old 05-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #197
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Got it!

After your trip, if you can, please let me know about your experience dealing with allergies at the resort. I would love to post some tips for people who have similar issues.
I'd love to, looking forward to the stay and know they and I will handle it well.
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #198
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN
C T Disney: I take that path a lot! One time I saw a lady pushing a double stroller towards the hill and I told her it would be easier to take the lower path and it takes you to the same place. When we came out the other side at the same time as her family she said she wanted to kiss me!! It's very pleasant by the water, you're under shade for a brief time under the bridge as well as out of the rain briefly too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c
You come out at the end of the hill basically. You still have to go up and down a bit since the path is below the main walkway, but it's much more of a gentle slope than the main walkway.
I did not know about this "secret path" at all! I will definitely have to add something to the FAQ/Other Useful Info post about this!!!
I just wanted to give you a little warning about this secret pathway. It doesn't work if you are using the secret exit from the BC. The beginning of the "walkway to Epcot that goes under the bridge instead of over the hill" begins to the west of the secret exit from the BC. So you would have to walk towards the Yacht Club to pick up the "under bridge" walkway, which is the opposite direction you want to go. It is worth it if you are pushing a stroller, though. And for anyone not using the BC exit near room 1501, the under bridge walkway is great.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 05-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #199
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa View Post
How is Captain's Grille for breakfast? Is it crowded? How is the food? I'm intrigued by the dark chocolate waffles...
It was pretty much empty when we had breakfast there. It took us years to finally discover this great breakfast spot.

BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 05-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #200
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

I just wanted to give you a little warning about this secret pathway. It doesn't work if you are using the secret exit from the BC. The beginning of the "walkway to Epcot that goes under the bridge instead of over the hill" begins to the west of the secret exit from the BC. So you would have to walk towards the Yacht Club to pick up the "under bridge" walkway, which is the opposite direction you want to go. It is worth it if you are pushing a stroller, though. And for anyone not using the BC exit near room 1501, the under bridge walkway is great.
Good point! Works better if you happen to be coming from/going to BC lobby.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 05-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #201
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was intrigued by this (and the ricotta pancakes!) so I made reservations for our August trip. We did eat there 2 years ago for dinner, and the dinner fare was VERY good and the chef was very nice (my daughter has food allergies) when he came to the table it turned out he grew up in the same neighborhood as my parents so he gave us his card and said to ask for him if we come in again, he would take care of us lol. I still have his card, I have to find it. Our only complaint was the wait for dinner, we were one of the first seatings and they were sitting everyone but us, I guess itc because we were such a large party so they had to put tables together and what not. But it was a nice dinner, so I am looking forward to the breakfast.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

Old 05-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #202
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
That sounds like a great surprise. DH and I always talk about surprising the kids sometime, but I just don't think I could ever keep it a secret.
I wouldn't be able to keep the secret either!!! Unfortunately, the sooner I get to a trip the more I'm on the DIS - I would be busted. It's killing me just not telling my younger two that their cousins are coming.......let's see if I can make it for 25 days. I am so busy that this should keep me preoccupied.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 05-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #203
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
I wouldn't be able to keep the secret either!!! Unfortunately, the sooner I get to a trip the more I'm on the DIS - I would be busted. It's killing me just not telling my younger two that their cousins are coming.......let's see if I can make it for 25 days. I am so busy that this should keep me preoccupied.
I could never, ever keep it a secret. It would be too much fun sharing all that planning.

The cousins will be delighted to spend their vacations together. It sounds like a great time.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #204
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

Now it makes sense why I didn't know about this! Always take the short cut out. Will have to try this next time.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 05-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #205
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Can anyone join in the Dis meet on the 6th? We won't be at BC yet, but we will be at POR and we could just happen to plan dinner in that area!! Let me know the details.

Ryan

Last edited by RWathen; 05-12-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #206
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWathen View Post
Can anyone join in the Dis meet on the 6th? We won't be at BC yet, but we will be at POR and we could just happen to plan dinner in that area!! Let me know the details.
Meet is planned for Saturday July 6, I haven't heard a time for sure, the past meets have been at 6 PM in the Solarium at the Beach Club.

I'll publish details as they become available.

I think the following DISers have expressed interest- Disneymomx7 (Robyn), TeenaS, The Magical One (Lauren), dfarner, RWathen, couchy

Am I missing anyone?

Oh, Flat Dee of course!

Try this for the tickers- Place two of the codes side by side, add one space with the space bar- like the two in my signature. Then the other one can be underneath.

[code ticker one] [code ticker two]
[code ticker three]

If one of the tickers is shorter than the other, use that one as the second one on the same line as the first

Last edited by natebenma; 05-12-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #207
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
Happy Mother’s Day to everyone! Finally have a moment to get caught up on our trip. We arrived Thursday and waited until 2 for our room and alas no full balcony, which was our only request. We are on the fourth floor with a view dead on of the windmill of SAB and the lagoon beyond that. I love our room and honestly cannot see us moving back down to moderate until the baby is bigger as it is the perfect amount of space even with a stroller and pack n play. My husband has requested that I ask to be near transportation next time as we are all the way down at the end of the building. On the best plus side, we have the BEST maid. Not only is our room been spotless and perfect but….TOWEL ANIMALS. The first night we came in she had set up the pig/elephant reading the babies book and last night we have a great big birthday cake with one of the birthday buttons and older DD giraffe hanging out on it. DH and DD have been to SAB twice and our in love. Bus service has been pretty good, no complaints, although we have avoided the dreaded Downtown Disney bus. I have to thank all of you yet again for the suggestion of Garden Grill. We ate there Thursday night and had the best time and the best server, Jeffrey. The baby loved Mickey, screamed at Pluto and was indifferent to Chip and Dale, but momma inhaled two plates of the mashed potatoes so I was all good. Friday was a MK day and we truly got a lot accomplished and I felt the crowds were very easy to manage. BOG for dinner that night was amazing. I cried walking into the ballroom because it was that magical and the food was equally delicious. Saturday was AK and it was HOT and HUMID and we rode out a thunderstorm at Dinosaur, but DH and older DD were happy because they rode Everest 7 times. Dinner last night was Boma and it was another hit. I tried to be adventurous and really wanted to like the Carrot Ginger soup, but alas no go. Zebra Domes however were a huge hit for me and DH. AKL is amazing and I think we will take more time to explore it later in our trip. Today is DHS day for Mothers day and Captain’s Grill tonight for dinner. Overall I am thrilled with BC, its location, rooms, and staff. Have a great day everyone and be back soon!
Thank you for the update. Love hearing from everyone that is visiting now. The carrot ginger soup sounds great (sorry you didn't like it). We will have to try it next week.

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 05-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #208
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Quote:
Meet is planned for Saturday July 6, I haven't heard a time for sure, the past meets have been at 6 PM in the Solarium at the Beach Club.

I'll publish details as they become available.

I think the following DISers have expressed interest- Disneymomx7 (Robyn), TeenaS, The Magical One (Lauren), dfarner, RWathen, couchy

Am I missing anyone?

Oh, Flat Dee of course!

Try this for the tickers- Place two of the codes side by side, add one space with the space bar- like the two in my signature. Then the other one can be underneath.

[code ticker one] [code ticker two]
[code ticker three]

If one of the tickers is shorter than the other, use that one as the second one on the same line as the first
Thanks for the ticker help, but I gave up and went with smaller tickers from a different site! That seemed to work.

Ryan
Old 05-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #209
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On our last day at the BC in December 2012 we had a delicious breakfast in the Captain's Grille. It was perfect! It's a quiet place that is not "Disneyfied". This in itself is a welcome respite from all the Disney overload that one encounters on vacation and it's especially welcome in the morning before you return to human form with the addition of coffee and carbs.

The food is great because it meets the needs of all in your dining party. There is an all you can eat breakfast buffet and I think they even make your eggs to order here. Then there is the menu!

http://allears.net/menu/menu_ygb.htm

As you can see from the link they have many yummy options.

We walked up with out reservations and after a short wait we were seated with no problem. It was the perfect start to our last day on vacation. At the end of a WDW trip you are sort of tired and are looking to take it a little easier. We found the Captain's Grille to be a peaceful respite with delicious food. The all you care to eat breakfast buffet suited the carnivores in our family and the lobster lovers got their fill with that divine Lobster Omelet!

I'd dine at the Captain's Grille again in a heartbeat. I hope to drop in for dinner without an ADR on our upcoming trip in June. That all depends on where the wind takes us so to speak... Not having an ADR free's us up to concentrate on the parks. I like knowing that the Captain's Grille is the place to go on the fly. The only thing I would remember is that if you are going without an ADR, you should get there either earlier or later so as not to get caught up in the dinner rush..... but this applies to every dining establishment in WDW. The CG is also open for lunch so that is an option too!

Good luck with your planning~

Signed,
The Captain's Grille Groupie
Old 05-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #210
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Question about the Yacht Club and Beach Club club lounges- I think someone recently posted that you can go out on a porch from the lounge at the Yacht Club. Has anyone done that? Pictures from the porch?

How about the Beach Club. Although I have had a CL room twice, I have no idea if you can access the outside from the lounge. Anyone know? Again, pictures???

Also, I would love to have more YC and BC room view pictures (both club level and standard rooms). It would be especially helpful to have samples of Standard Views, since I think people are a little afraid of booking this category and getting a horrendous view- so showing the good, bad and ugly is the best way for people to know what to expect.

I started up two View Threads in the Resort Photo Subforum:

Beach Club Room Views

Yacht Club Room Views

The purpose of these thread is to give some samples of rooms in various view categories at the Yacht and Beach Clubs.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: