Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #166
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandydad12 View Post
Dee, Another wonderful job . Well done , I have not been following much lately my dad passed after a long battle with dementia and have been very busy trying to get everything settled before my BC vacation in 42 days ,again thanks for all your hard work .
So sorry for your loss.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #167
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
Greetings from the beach club. Our room is very near the epcot end of bc, and my family was amazed when I took us thru the "secret" entrance -our total walk less than 5 or 6 minutes. We did about an hour at sab, then ate at hh, then crashed in room for bit, then literally traversed entirety of epecot, sampling the various special food kiosks set up for festival, plus took my mom into china movie, which she loved. Our toddler slept through most of it, but now just woke up and likely not want to sleep until 10 or so. We will probably take him and my mom for some quick but nice dinner (maybe captain's grille?), and appreciate helpful advice and well wishes from all. I think our son is in love with sab (and getting a replacement spritzer fan)
Thanks for the great update. Sounds like you are having FUN! All that walking should make for some sound sleeping at night. Be sure and have the toddler take a turn pushing the adults in the stroller so he gets tired too!

~NM
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #168
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Duplicate post

Last edited by natebenma; 05-11-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #169
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Thanks everyone!! Rainforest cafe is usually where we are, so that's perfect

Now, where oh where has Teena been? Is she visiting Jeanne?? I do hope everything is ok with her and Bob.

Dee: I can't wait to see "The Hobbit" birthday pics!!!

You must be exhausted by now!
Quick check in-

Yes, Teena is out in Vegas- tomorrow will be an awesome Mothers Day for them both!

You are right- I am exhausted! Fortunately the "Troy broke his leg" turned out to be a false alarm!

Had 9 11/12 year old boys at laser tag, now 5 remain for a sleep over tonight. The teenager is hiding far away in his room, and Mark has disappeared too. The boys have just entered the room I'm in, so I will be out of here soon as well.

I've got lots of catching up to do on the thread in the morning.

Good night, all!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #170
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Quick check in-

Yes, Teena is out in Vegas- tomorrow will be an awesome Mothers Day for them both!

You are right- I am exhausted! Fortunately the "Troy broke his leg" turned out to be a false alarm!

Had 9 11/12 year old boys at laser tag, now 5 remain for a sleep over tonight. The teenager is hiding far away in his room, and Mark has disappeared too. The boys have just entered the room I'm in, so I will be out of here soon as well.

Good night, all!
Sounds like quite the evening!

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 05-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #171
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Help!!!! The DH wants to be involved in the planning!! I had 8 nights book, and he wants to drop it by 1. Okay, so I'm trying to wheel and deal my way, so I said let's leave on the 13th at 6 PM and we will arrive at 11:24 at the airport. To which he counters with, so then we are staying at a non Disney hotel that night and checking in on the 14th. Argh!! The difference in price is $500, but must tack on a hotel room and probably a taxi ride to Disney, which means we can't get our KTTW cards until we check in right? How can I calculate taxi fare? I am trying to get the maximum amount of Disney time and trying to beef up my case, how should I plead?

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 05-12-2013, 02:30 AM   #172
Nicnic
Mouseketeer

Hi,

What's the best way to get from the BC to a monorail resort?

We have a lunch booked at the WL for 2pm one day and dinner at The Poly on a party night booked for 7pm.

I had just planned to get the BC bus to the MK and then the boat and monorail to the respective resorts.
I'm now thinking is it easier to walk/boat to DHS and then get the resort bus I need to the hotel?

Also does anyone know if the busses run from DHS to resorts at about 0800 for the same reasons, breakfast reservations or is that easier to go to MK first.

Thanks
Old 05-12-2013, 03:03 AM   #173
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandydad12 View Post
I would like to thank you all for your kind words it has been a challenge as I was his primary care giver . I am so looking forward to this vacation . He told me just a couple of weeks before he passed that we were going to see Mickey . He always was so happy to see me wearing anything Disney especially Mickey Mouse .
So sorry for your loss.
Quote:
Quick check in-

Good night, all!
Hope you managed to escape the room safely Thanks for moving us all Finally made it over
Old 05-12-2013, 04:24 AM   #174
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom

Thanks for the great update. Sounds like you are having FUN! All that walking should make for some sound sleeping at night. Be sure and have the toddler take a turn pushing the adults in the stroller so he gets tired too!

~NM
Indeed, would be good idea! Ended up just at marketplace, but had eaten our way (or my way) thru epcot, so was fine - and those oreo bon-bons, amazing! Along with secret entrance, the greatest advice ever.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:42 AM   #175
natebenma
DIS Veteran

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY FRIENDS

Now, which picture to pick???

Finding Nemo? Nope!

Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty? Nah-uh.

Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Aladdin? Don't think so.

Bambi? Definitely Not!

Last edited by natebenma; 05-12-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #176
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY FRIENDS

Now, which picture to pick???

Finding Nemo? Nope!

Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty? Nah-uh.

Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Aladin? Don't think so.

Bambi? Definitely Not!

Happy Mother's Day Dee!
I know it's your first without your mum and you are in my thoughts
I hope you (and all the other mums on here) have a lovely day I take it you are enjoying the peace and quiet before your birthday guests awaken
Old 05-12-2013, 05:05 AM   #177
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Back atcha Mom. Or should I say SuperMom. Only Mom I know of with a house FULL of men that is up at 6am nursing her other baby, 'The 2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends'.

Happy Mothers Day Dee and all you other ladies that put up with all our odd quirks and obsessions!

Old 05-12-2013, 05:24 AM   #178
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Happy Mother’s Day to everyone! Finally have a moment to get caught up on our trip. We arrived Thursday and waited until 2 for our room and alas no full balcony, which was our only request. We are on the fourth floor with a view dead on of the windmill of SAB and the lagoon beyond that. I love our room and honestly cannot see us moving back down to moderate until the baby is bigger as it is the perfect amount of space even with a stroller and pack n play. My husband has requested that I ask to be near transportation next time as we are all the way down at the end of the building. On the best plus side, we have the BEST maid. Not only is our room been spotless and perfect but….TOWEL ANIMALS. The first night we came in she had set up the pig/elephant reading the babies book and last night we have a great big birthday cake with one of the birthday buttons and older DD giraffe hanging out on it. DH and DD have been to SAB twice and our in love. Bus service has been pretty good, no complaints, although we have avoided the dreaded Downtown Disney bus. I have to thank all of you yet again for the suggestion of Garden Grill. We ate there Thursday night and had the best time and the best server, Jeffrey. The baby loved Mickey, screamed at Pluto and was indifferent to Chip and Dale, but momma inhaled two plates of the mashed potatoes so I was all good. Friday was a MK day and we truly got a lot accomplished and I felt the crowds were very easy to manage. BOG for dinner that night was amazing. I cried walking into the ballroom because it was that magical and the food was equally delicious. Saturday was AK and it was HOT and HUMID and we rode out a thunderstorm at Dinosaur, but DH and older DD were happy because they rode Everest 7 times. Dinner last night was Boma and it was another hit. I tried to be adventurous and really wanted to like the Carrot Ginger soup, but alas no go. Zebra Domes however were a huge hit for me and DH. AKL is amazing and I think we will take more time to explore it later in our trip. Today is DHS day for Mothers day and Captain’s Grill tonight for dinner. Overall I am thrilled with BC, its location, rooms, and staff. Have a great day everyone and be back soon!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #179
flafan
Mouseketeer

Happy Mothers Day Everyone !!!!
Have a Great Day and thanks for all the posts I am so excited 44 days till we leave.
1997 Marriot World Center & Dixie Landings
1998 Fort Wilderness Campground - Cabins
1999 Marriot World Center - Boardwalk Villas
2000 Old Key West
2002 Marriot Cypress Harbour
2003 Marriot Cypress Harbour - Hard Rock Hotel-Club Level
2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Club Level - Royal Pacific Hotel
2006 Royal Pacific Hotel- Club Level - Vistana Villages
2008 Vistana Villages - Portofino Bay - Club level
2009 Sheraton National Hotel - Wash. DC Club Level
2013 July - Beach Club/Club Level
Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #180