Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #1636
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
update: home from surgery, think it went well. Now if I can only get rid of this pounding headache
Good Morning! I hope you are feeling ok this morning and your headache is long gone and the pain isn't awful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I hate it when they cast away our great ideas!
Me too!!

Couchy... I would love to share a meal... and since I have a TIW as well that would work!! Where are you staying?? I'll be at AKL CL for this trip. I arrive 10/30 - 11/4!

~Nannette

Old 06-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #1637
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc View Post
Meanwhile, there's a couple of pushy cicadas here that seem to think that because they have to wait 17 years between vacations that they can just tag along with us to WDW. I wouldn't mind so much but they make a lot of noise and look like they've bin on quite a drinking binge with their bright red eyes! Yechh...
That is hilarious!!!

Please do not tell the cicadas about this thread!

We are already buzzing with flies!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #1638
B's Marie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
update: home from surgery, think it went well. Now if I can only get rid of this pounding headache

Enjoy POR! It's our fav moderate
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Old 06-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #1639
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Rewarding myself for surviving 2 of 3 trips to the registry of motor vehicles by (trying to) catch up on this thread.

pages 104-107

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
It hit me last night that we're now in our window for online check-in if we choose to do it.

So...the inevitable question- should we or not?

We're staying YC SV...honestly we're not that picky...we've only requested a room change 2 or 3 times ever staying at (non-Disney) hotels...once when they gave us a king bed instead of the two doubles we requested (for me, DH and our 2 tween girls), and twice when the non-smoking room clearly wasn't...

I'm starting to wonder if we SHOULD be picky since I hear so many people talking about all their requests, and which are most important....

Our flight gets in at noon, BTW...and we still haven't decided if we're taking ME, or something else (so I guess we're NOT done trip planning after all!!)
You know what? I say do the online checking. Usually I recommend waiting for checkin, especially for Beach Club guests who request a full balcony, but you sound like the perfect candidate for grab-and-go keys.

If there is anything that is important to you (daybed, lower/higher floor or close to lobby/transportation), then you can add it to your reservation now by contacting CRO or whomever made your reservation.

For the online checkin for YC, you will be given selections (I believe you can choose none, one or both): lower floor and near transportation

I think you will also be given a choice if you would prefer to take a room that is ready over your preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Add me to the Be Our Guest list again please! We will be there January 9, 2014 for 4 nights in a one-bedroom villa at BCV! We might come down before the Marathon and add a few days at the YC too.
back!!!

So happy to be adding you again so soon.

I know you gave me permission to link to your Illuminations Cruise review (THANKS!). I also have a section on page 1 for trip reports to YC/BC/BCV. May I link to your most recent and past reports with stays at these resorts?

I know you have had some issues on some of your trips, but our purpose here is to show it like it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUNUMom View Post
We have our trip for August all set. We have stayed at the BW and BC in the past. We really like the location of everything, so we decided on YC this time in a garden view room. Are there any pros/cons to requesting a room close to the hotel lobby? TIA.
Being close to the lobby is a great location. The only thing you may want to specify is whether you want a lower or higher floor, if you care.

Do I have you on the Be Our Guest list? When is your trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Quick question for BC experts...can you get a microwave in your room if available? You could at the Poly once at the check in desk. Is it the same at the BC?
Yes, ask at the desk, but I think you request it from Housekeeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
In other news I am all packed, the fish have been set up with the automatic feeder, the dog is at a friends and I tried to leave the boys where the dog was staying but my friend said they ate too much and wouldn't let them stay. It's up to God to water the flowers, my work is done.

The Ninja family will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside, but since we are Ninja's we'll be hard to spot. Look for the family at the pool that is covered from head to toe in black Ninja wear.... We'll be the ones that are making a ridiculous attempt to blend in with the shrubbery....

~NM
Who said that?

Have a fantastic trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
On the Poly thread, pics have been posted of super nifty resort merchandise. I am behind on reading this thread, can anyone tell me if anyone has grabbed pics of YC or BC specific items and posted here? If so, I will search for it! Excited to see what the new items look like!
There has been some resort specific merchandise at the YC and BC for awhile now. There are a few pages on The Marketplace link and Fittings and Fairing link showing some of the items.

I'll add the links here in a couple of minutes.

Photos of Yacht Club specific Resort Wear and Merchandise, taken by MickeyT in January 2012:
Yacht Club Resort Merchandise

Photos of Beach Club specific Resort Wear and Merchandise, taken in March 2012:
Beach Club Resort Merchandise

Is there new stuff??? If so, I would love to see pictures if someone there now/soon wants to check it out.

Last edited by natebenma; 06-06-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #1640
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Caught up!
(If I have accidentally missed anything or failed to welcome you, please bump up your post)

pages 108-110

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmaz View Post
Looking forward to reading everything this thread offers! First trip and staying at the beach club in November!
to the DIS and this thread!

I keep a Be Our Guest list of folks staying at the resort- I'll add you to the list for November.

Let us know if you have any questions. There's also lots (and lots) of info and pictures on the first page of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
There is a cake thread that has lots of great information about the options and lots of fun pictures. We ordered a custom cake for my daughter last year for her 2nd birthday celebration and will do it again this year!

Time passes on the board as quickly as it passes slowly for the next trip!
The cake we ordered above came from the Contemporary Bakery - we got it from Chef Brian and he was fantastic to work with to get exactly what we wanted!
TOO CUTE!!! What a great smile!

Thanks for sharing the picture and the cake info.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #1641
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

Joining in here! We just decided to upgrade to YC CL from POP, quite a switch I know! We will be there from Friday, Aug. 30 - Mon. Sept. 2, just a quick Labor Day weekend getaway. Can't wait!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #1642
MUNUMom
Mouseketeer

[

Being close to the lobby is a great location. The only thing you may want to specify is whether you want a lower or higher floor, if you care.

Do I have you on the Be Our Guest list? When is your trip?

Thank you for the info....we are the Aug 16-22.
It's been a few years since we've been there and I can't believe all that's changed since then. Any tips for the new things would be appreciated!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #1643
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Add me to the Be Our Guest list again please! We will be there January 9, 2014 for 4 nights in a one-bedroom villa at BCV!)
Us too Erika......See ya then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

In other news I am all packed, the fish have been set up with the automatic feeder, the dog is at a friends and I tried to leave the boys where the dog was staying.....

~NM
Have you thought about an automatic feeder for the boys????? Load it with hot dogs???? Just sayin

Have fun Crazy Lady.........

Old 06-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #1644
3SugarBugs
Earning My Ears

Questions!

Hi! I have a couple of questions and am hoping you guys can help. I did try searching, but I'm still relatively new, so please forgive me if they are already answered elsewhere!

9/20/2013 - 9/28/2013
BC - CL Deluxe Room
First Trip for DH and the Kiddos. I did CP in the Summer of 1991 and haven't been back since - yikes I'm old!

1 - Just verifying we won't be on the same floor as the Lounge? Not a big deal, just want to level set with the Family.

2 - Our flight lands at 9:30 PM that Friday night and we plan to use ME, but should we get our bags? I don't mind waiting for them in the room, unless you think it will be after midnight before they arrive?

3 - Do I check in online? Is there any benefit for my particular reservation/time getting in?

Again, thanks so much to all who contribute and answer questions - you're all really great!

And I'm sure I'll have more questions...so thanks in advance for putting up with me!

CP - Summer 1992 (MGM Studios - Keystone Clothiers/Great Movie Ride)
BC CL - September 2013 1st Trip for the Family!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #1645
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SugarBugs View Post
Hi! I have a couple of questions and am hoping you guys can help. I did try searching, but I'm still relatively new, so please forgive me if they are already answered elsewhere!

9/20/2013 - 9/28/2013
BC - CL Deluxe Room
First Trip for DH and the Kiddos. I did CP in the Summer of 1991 and haven't been back since - yikes I'm old!

1 - Just verifying we won't be on the same floor as the Lounge? Not a big deal, just want to level set with the Family.

2 - Our flight lands at 9:30 PM that Friday night and we plan to use ME, but should we get our bags? I don't mind waiting for them in the room, unless you think it will be after midnight before they arrive?

3 - Do I check in online? Is there any benefit for my particular reservation/time getting in?

Again, thanks so much to all who contribute and answer questions - you're all really great!

And I'm sure I'll have more questions...so thanks in advance for putting up with me!
1. None of the Deluxe CL rooms is on the 5th floor.
2. If your flight lands at 9:30, ME will pick up your bags and deliver to the resort, but it might be very late by the time you get them. If you plan to go right to sleep and don't want to be woken up at 1 or 2 am, then you may want to pick up your own bags.
3. Most folks say that with CL there's no need to do online check-in.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #1646
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:

There has been some resort specific merchandise at the YC and BC for awhile now. There are a few pages on The Marketplace link and Fittings and Fairing link showing some of the items.

I'll add the links here in a couple of minutes.

Photos of Yacht Club specific Resort Wear and Merchandise, taken by MickeyT in January 2012:
Yacht Club Resort Merchandise

Photos of Beach Club specific Resort Wear and Merchandise, taken in March 2012:
Beach Club Resort Merchandise

Is there new stuff??? If so, I would love to see pictures if someone there now/soon wants to check it out.

Thanks as always for answering, Dee, and the links too. Yes, there are supposed to be new items! Disney Parks blog wrote about it, but featured only SSR and OKW in their samples. Then, someone posted the new Poly merchandise just the other day. Hopefully, we BC fans will be getting something
too.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 06-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #1647
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseystigger View Post
What a sweet picture! Lovely cake. I had a cake made for my sister and her husband's anniversary last year. Chef Brian was great to work with. We had it sent to LTT where we had lunch reservations the day we arrived. Was very yummy. I think it cost around $50.

Gorgeous cake! I love chef Brian. I'm already thinking what we will ask him to do this year!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 06-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #1648
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:

So happy to be adding you again so soon.

I know you gave me permission to link to your Illuminations Cruise review (THANKS!). I also have a section on page 1 for trip reports to YC/BC/BCV. May I link to your most recent and past reports with stays at these resorts?
Of course Link me to anything! Also I just posted a YouTube video of our Illuminations Cruise you are welcome to share with anyone and everyone as well.
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Old 06-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #1649
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc View Post
Thanks everyone for your suggestions! As always, this thread distinguishes itself from all others for its friendliness and welcoming attitude. I'm off to google hotels, lowest price wins!

Meanwhile, there's a couple of pushy cicadas here that seem to think that because they have to wait 17 years between vacations that they can just tag along with us to WDW. I wouldn't mind so much but they make a lot of noise and look like they've been on quite a drinking binge with their bright red eyes! Yechh...
If you want cheapest, pay attention to parking and resort fees. The closer you get to DTD, the more likely they are to have them. I try to get as close as possible without extra fees, LOL. Good luck!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 06-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #1650
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Of course Link me to anything! Also I just posted a YouTube video of our Illuminations Cruise you are welcome to share with anyone and everyone as well.
I sent DD and her new husband (my DSIL) on that cruise for their honeymoon/his birthday... They said it was awesome!! Her and I went on the MK fireworks cruise also amazing!!

~N

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: