Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #151
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

How often do the friendship boats go to DHS?
Old 05-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #152
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Thanks Tarheel girl and NM!!!

I figure we can either take a cab or it might be nice to visit a different resort ( that's short for get DH beignets ) before going back to BC !

Now where exactly is the boat dock at DTD?
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #153
Stitchie13
Earning My Ears

I noticed last year when we visited The Y&B that there was some refurbishments going on - I'm particularly interested in whether anyone has pictures of the new Periwig and Ship Shape Health Club after the refurbs?

TIA
Old 05-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #154
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets View Post
We just upgraded from Lagoon/Pool view to GV CL! We'll be there Sept 8th - 14th. I'm so excited for this! I figure it'll save us a lot of money just off the beer and wine provided at night.

I do have a question though. I have some weird allergies like cream cheese, chocolate and nuts. How far in advance should I contact IPO to see if anything will be available to eat that will be safe? (especially desserts) I don't expect them to go out of their way, but if 1 dessert is safe, I'd be very happy.
We filled out the form for Special Diets for our dining reservations and they told us to note on it that we were staying club level which we did. I also mentioned it to IPO and they told me to just inform them when we check in and that they will get a chef to talk to me.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #155
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
We (I) debated and debated about the dining plan. I had it on my original reservation but after careful calculations I made a "final" decision to cancel it. WELL, the closer my trip got and the more menus I looked at I decided to add it about a week ago. My reasoning is probably very different than everyone else's but I know my DH will totally freak out at some of the prices of meals. I honestly think the dining plan will end up costing us a little more but it is going to be so worth that money if I don't have to deal with a grumpy DH! This is our first trip, so we will see how this works out. We don't usually drink soda with our meals (water or wine) or eat desserts and I am sure we will order some appetizers, soups and salads but we have some nice meals ($$$) planned and I don't want to deal with my DH bolting from the restaurant as soon as he sees the menu! Ha!
This is my husband too! Exactly! . I dont think the dining plan is necessary for many families but pre-payment relieves a lot of stress here. My husband doesn't look at prices. I don't have to worry about him nickel and dime-ing us. We prefer the DxDDP, actually, (a fun character/themed breakfast or lunch plus a signature for dinner which isn't too much food for us) but will likely do the regular plan this time because of the additional havoc and expense of having one Disney adult and two jealous brothers.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 05-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #156
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Not sure on that one my hubby dear! Perhaps someone else knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post

I figure we can either take a cab or it might be nice to visit a different resort ( that's short for get DH beignets ) before going back to BC !

I think there are three. The one I always take to POFQ is located right by the Rainforest Cafe, which is located on the retail shopping end of DTD and beyond Captain Jack's restaurant which juts out over the water.

The middle one is near Paradiso 37, another restaurant and then the third one is located at the Cirque Du Soleil end.

I have no idea how they organize these boats and if one is just dedicated to ferrying people between the 3 DTD stops and then there is one that also transports guests to the hotels. Anybody else know? Perhaps one of you lurkers!! You know how Ninja Mom likes to lure the lurkers out of hiding..... C'mon!! You can do it! Post and fill us in!!

~NM

My, my, I am just a font of useful information lately. Don't worry... I'll come to my senses shortly and start to post my usual wacked out drivel!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #157
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
We filled out the form for Special Diets for our dining reservations and they told us to note on it that we were staying club level which we did. I also mentioned it to IPO and they told me to just inform them when we check in and that they will get a chef to talk to me.
Thank you Dis703! I haven't contacted IPO yet, because I've already set up all the dining and added the allergies. I guess I'll just bide my time for the next 120 days.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #158
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla

To get theboat back to POFQ you need to use the boat dock near the Rainforest Cafe.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Old 05-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #159
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
This is my husband too! Exactly! . I dont think the dining plan is necessary for many families but pre-payment relieves a lot of stress here. My husband doesn't look at prices. I don't have to worry about him nickel and dime-ing us. We prefer the DxDDP, actually, (a fun character/themed breakfast or lunch plus a signature for dinner which isn't too much food for us) but will likely do the regular plan this time because of the additional havoc and expense of having one Disney adult and two jealous brothers.
Same here. We will probably lose some $, but at least I might look beyond the cheap chicken at each TS we dine at
Old 05-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #160
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Approximately every 20 minutes.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #161
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
To get theboat back to POFQ you need to use the boat dock near the Rainforest Cafe.
Yup, you need the boat by the Rainforest Café. If you are at the other boat docks, you have to take one of those boats over to the RC dock, and transfer to the resort boat. Still a fun boating experience.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 05-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #162
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
Quote:
Same here. We will probably lose some $, but at least I might look beyond the cheap chicken at each TS we dine at
Soooo funny. Love it. Glad I'm not the only one!!!! I think having the dining plan is just going to make for a stress free vacation and it will be worth every penny. No looking at the menu prices FIRST before we decide if we are going to eat at a specific restaurant.

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 05-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #163
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Just gotta say thanks so much to all that make this thread so great and informative. I spend a lot of time planning our Disney vacations and this thread has been so helpful.

Looking forward to our first Beach Club stay on July 18-25. Can't wait to see my name on the Be Our Guest List.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Old 05-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #164
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!! Rainforest cafe is usually where we are, so that's perfect

Now, where oh where has Teena been? Is she visiting Jeanne?? I do hope everything is ok with her and Bob.

Dee: I can't wait to see "The Hobbit" birthday pics!!!

You must be exhausted by now!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 05-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #165
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Greetings from the beach club. Our room is very near the epcot end of bc, and my family was amazed when I took us thru the "secret" entrance -our total walk less than 5 or 6 minutes. We did about an hour at sab, then ate at hh, then crashed in room for bit, then literally traversed entirety of epecot, sampling the various special food kiosks set up for festival, plus took my mom into china movie, which she loved. Our toddler slept through most of it, but now just woke up and likely not want to sleep until 10 or so. We will probably take him and my mom for some quick but nice dinner (maybe captain's grille?), and appreciate helpful advice and well wishes from all. I think our son is in love with sab (and getting a replacement spritzer fan)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: