Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 04:52 AM   #1546
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

One more night sleep (if you can call it that)!

All packed, one more REALLY long day at work, a few trip preps and then a glass of wine or two before I try to sleep! I want to thank everyone for all of there help on our adventure with a new resort!

I am looking forward to (and in no particular order):
1. A nap on the beach
2. A Sunken Treasure induced nap on the beach
3. Meeting Teena
4. Walking to EP and maybe DHS
5. Watching my kids excitement for SAB
6. Yachtsman Steakhouse
7. Beaches & Cream
8. Hopefully a beautiful view

It's been a rough year and we really need this! Plus celebrating DS13s graduation last night. I promise to try to post daily from our 10 days at BC. Let me know if anyone has any requests I'm an early riser with insomnia!!!!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 06-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #1547
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 96-98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMom82 View Post
I have been following this thread for a while now and have decided to finally join in the fun! We (me, DH, DS13 & DD11) are staying at BC club level 8/22 - 8/31. I love this thread and all the info and tips. I made my final reservation (Dessert Party) today so now all I can do is wait. Thanks to all for making the wait so much easier!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

We look forward to sharing your excitement while we are all waiting for our trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
We're thinking about doing the Illuminations Cruise from the YC marina. Does anyone know what time you have to arrive at the dock at for boarding. Is it 8:30? We have dinner ADR's on both possible nights, if available and I'm wondering if I need to change them. Both are in Epcot WS so not too far away.
Bump!

Have you posted this question on Erika's TigrLuvsPooh (formerly) live report? I think she is still posting there- she did the cruise last week.

The report is on the Live Trip Report subforum of the Resorts forum.

Or I wonder if the someone on the Reservations line could tell you (if you trust the answer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lov2b@disney View Post
Dee- either way.. You can post them or I will...
I posted them. Full balcony? Was there a daybed?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We are doing the Wishes dessert party on 8/27. Anyone else going to be there with us? I've never been, so I'm pretty excited about it.
Hunclemarco has a thread on the Dining Boards where he lists guests who have notified him that they have Dessert Party reservations, so you can see some of the other DISers who might be there at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyThomas View Post
Has anyone ever stayed here during November/December? I'm sure the answer is yes, but I'm trying to figure out if the pools are do-able if it is cold out. Is Stormalong Bay heated? We were supposed to be there now but had to cancel due to a death in the family and now we are looking at September or the week right after Thanksgiving for Yacht Club. Thanks in advance!
I have a post about that in the "Other Useful Info Post". Stormalong Bay is heated. The issue is usually how cold it is once you get out! Weather can vary greatly in the winter months, even within the same week. It can go from hot to cold in the matter of a day. Many guests have reported that they have had one or two opportunities to swim during their trips in December.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #1548
ella6599
Mouseketeer

It hit me last night that we're now in our window for online check-in if we choose to do it.

So...the inevitable question- should we or not?

We're staying YC SV...honestly we're not that picky...we've only requested a room change 2 or 3 times ever staying at (non-Disney) hotels...once when they gave us a king bed instead of the two doubles we requested (for me, DH and our 2 tween girls), and twice when the non-smoking room clearly wasn't...

I'm starting to wonder if we SHOULD be picky since I hear so many people talking about all their requests, and which are most important....

Our flight gets in at noon, BTW...and we still haven't decided if we're taking ME, or something else (so I guess we're NOT done trip planning after all!!)
Old 06-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #1549
rea59
Mouseketeer

Yes!!! Down to the teens. Don't know how much longer I can wait.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #1550
donnajherren
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31
Hi, everyone! May I join this thread?

We were originally booked at the CR for 9/14 through 9/24, but we've decided to add some beach days to our trip & change resorts.

Now, we'll be arriving in WDW on 9/18 (still through 9/24). We're currently trying to decide between the Beach Club & a FW cabin.

My main concerns w/ the Beach Club are as follows:

1. We'll book a gardenview room, so I'm worried our room will be far away from everything,

2. We may or may not have a full balcony,

3. The lack of a true quick-service, and

4. The bus to & from the MK

How about long is the bus to the MK in the mornings (for MK rope drop)? Previously, we've always stayed at the CR, the WL, or FW. The bus stations at MK after "Wishes" always look so jam-packed & crowded to me - it's been nice to just walk straight out of the MK to the WL/FW boat dock.

Also, you can get your refillable mugs filled at the Marketplace, right? Are there some rooms that are more convenient to the Marketplace?

I'm concerned about the location of our room because our 2 older kids are old enough to go to the quick-service by themselves (to get a snack or drink), but I'd rather our room be close, if that makes sense.

We're a family of 5. I would like a full balcony w/ a room w/ a nice view that's not terribly far away from everything.

What kind of room requests will I need to make?

Thanks so much!

While I'm a little sad that our WDW trip is going from 10 days to 7 days, I'm also excited about the possibility of staying at the Beach Club. I've always wanted to stay at an EPCOT resort.

I also think, if we do decide on the Beach Club, I'm going to switch our Chef Mickey's breakfast to the Cape May breakfast - we've never done the Cape May character breakfast, so that'll be something new for us.
The Cape May breakfast is fun. My girls enjoyed it.

We took an early bus to MK yesterday for our breakfast reservation at the Crystal Palace. Start to finish, I think it took about half an hour, maybe 25 minutes.

June 1997 - AllStar Sports | February 2011 - Beach Club | June 2013 - Beach Club | June 2014 - Beach Club

Old 06-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #1551
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
It hit me last night that we're now in our window for online check-in if we choose to do it.

We're staying YC SV...honestly we're not that picky...we've only requested a room change 2 or 3 times ever staying at (non-Disney) hotels...once when they gave us a king bed instead of the two doubles we requested (for me, DH and our 2 tween girls), and twice when the non-smoking room clearly wasn't...

I'm starting to wonder if we SHOULD be picky since I hear so many people talking about all their requests, and which are most important....

Our flight gets in at noon, BTW...and we still haven't decided if we're taking ME, or something else (so I guess we're NOT done trip planning after all!!)
We have never made a room request during the 20 years of staying at the BC and have gotten some great free upgrades. I didn't know you could make room requests until I found this site. Anyway, we have gotten full balconies about half the time. We've only had a roof view once. We've gotten a free upgrade to lagoon view five times. And we got a suite once. . We have always gotten a day bed whenever our whole family of five was on the trip, except for the one time we got a roll away.

But I would definitely make requests now, especially since the online check in process includes those options.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyThomas View Post
Has anyone ever stayed here during November/December? I'm sure the answer is yes, but I'm trying to figure out if the pools are do-able if it is cold out. Is Stormalong Bay heated? We were supposed to be there now but had to cancel due to a death in the family and now we are looking at September or the week right after Thanksgiving for Yacht Club. Thanks in advance!
We have stayed at the BC in December, January and February, and we haven't done a lot of swimming during those periods. The pool is heated, but if the air is cool, it makes it a little difficult to be motivated to swim. But we have gotten lucky and had days in the low 80's, which made the pool a great place to hang out. The steam rising from the pools when it is cold out is lovely to see. And if you are brave you can hop in the water and swim around in the fog. The hot tubs are very popular at that time of year.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 06-05-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #1552
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post

I'd be interested in the answer too, as I am approaching the online check in day too, in around 10 days ( not that I'm counting ).

My concern is if the magic bands and fast pass + go live for August, I will need to do online check in to participate in the FP+ and to be able to pick my magic band color

My past 2 trips - both last August at AKL, and January at POFQ I did online check in, and was very pleased, I got all my requests for room location. So I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

The only thing with online check is that you should be willing to take the room assigned. All your stuff is in a folder for you ready to go.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 06-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #1553
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

I don't understand anything about the magic bands and how it's linked to FP's I'm really confused about the new bands are they just for AP holders. I can't find a thread that is not all speculation.

Anyone know the ins and outs or have a link?

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 06-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #1554
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
I don't understand anything about the magic bands and how it's linked to FP's I'm really confused about the new bands are they just for AP holders. I can't find a thread that is not all speculation.

Magic Bands are still in the test phase. You may see some people wearing the magic band but they are CMs or guests of AKL in the pilot group.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #1555
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
My concern is if the magic bands and fast pass + go live for August, I will need to do online check in to participate in the FP+ and to be able to pick my magic band color
Where did you see magic bands go live in August? During our May trip, we converted our old APs to the new RFID and were told late fall at earliest. Would love additional info.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #1556
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfly View Post
Where did you see magic bands go live in August? During our May trip, we converted our old APs to the new RFID and were told late fall at earliest. Would love additional info.
The Magic Bands are still in the development and testing process. It is all speculation now because Disney hasn't made any definitive announcements yet. Potentially, everyone who checks into a WDW resort will be issued a Magic Band. It will contain an RFID chip which will have your room key and park tickets programmed to it. You would just tap your band to the RFID device instead of using the current KTTW card. I believe there still might be an option to have a card instead of a band, but I'm not sure about that.

In addition to the Magic Band, they also want to roll out a reservation system, called Fast Pass +, which will enable you make reservations for rides and events, like preferred viewing for parades, in advance. The rumor is that you would be able to make a limited number of fast pass + reservations, replacing the current fast pass system. The advantage would be that you could reserve a day and time for Test Test or TSMM, for example, ahead of time, and you wouldn't have to race to the ride the minute the park opens.

The Disney developers are having a hard time getting this new system to work. Until people are able to make normal dinner reservations online without problems, I don't see how they can begin their fancy Magic Band system. I am hoping they are out for our December trip, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still weren't ready yet.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 06-05-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #1557
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Hi Gang,

Just an FYI: My new hours (10 hour days) start this Sunday: 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM. That means I will probably take a 15 minute break around 10:30, then take my 45 minute lunch at 12:45, then a 10 minute break at 4:00 PM. I'll leave the lobby around 6:20 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #1558
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Hi Gang,

Just an FYI: My new hours (10 hour days) start this Sunday: 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM. That means I will probably take a 15 minute break around 10:30, then take my 45 minute lunch at 12:45, then a 10 minute break at 4:00 PM. I'll leave the lobby around 6:20 PM.
Wow! That's a long day...

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Old 06-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #1559
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Hi Gang,

Wowza! Hope to meet you during our trip to BC in two weeks.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #1560
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The Magic Bands are still in the development and testing process. It is all speculation now because Disney hasn't made any definitive announcements yet. Potentially, everyone who checks into a WDW resort will be issued a Magic Band. It will contain an RFID chip which will have your room key and park tickets programmed to it. You would just tap your band to the RFID device instead of using the current KTTW card. I believe there still might be an option to have a card instead of a band, but I'm not sure on that.

In addition to the Magic Band, they also want to roll out a reservation system, called Fast Pass +, which will enable you make reservations for rides and events, like preferred viewing for parades, in advice. The rumor is that you would be able to make a limited number of fast pass + reservations, replacing the current fast pass system. The advantage would be that you could reserve a day and time for Test Test or TSMM, for example, ahead of time, and you wouldn't have to race to the ride the minute the park opens.

The Disney developers are having a hard time getting this new system to work. Until people are able to make normal dinner reservations online without problems, I don't see how they can begin their fancy Magic Band system. I am hoping they are out for our December trip, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still weren't ready yet.
Thanks!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: