Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #1531
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Dee thanks so much for posting pics for us challenged people
We had a great meet. Was so much fun meeting up with fellow Disers that I've spoken with for quite awhile, and finally get to meet in person!
We even got to watch the Disney ship they were on sail off on the next voyage up to Alaska.
What fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Ok well.. I just booked a dinning reservation for Garden Grill (for 1)! I've never eaten here in all my years going to Disney, so I figured why not!! I'll be there 10/30-11/4/13 alone and thought I should give it a shot!! I have a late reservation so I should get Chip and Dale all to myself!!

Can't wait!
~N
Chip and Dale are so much fun here! The last time we went, Chip saw that Donald Duck wrote #1 in our DD's autograph book, so he turned the page and wrote Chip #1. When Dale saw that, he crossed it out and wrote Dale #1. The two went back and forth quite a bit in the autograph book. It was quite funny and our DDs ate it up!

By the way, the salad is awesome too! We try to eat here every time at Disney World as it's the most relaxed character meal. Hope you have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #1532
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

OMG!! You're right! it's three days away and I totally forgot.
(Not really) I've been inundated with "Mom will you sew this button on", "Mom where are my pool shoes?", "Mom I need more underwear".... the list goes on and on! What I want to know is how the underwear got to be 'missing' in the first place! If you see three boys running barefoot and 'nekked' around the parks they belong to me! Sigh......

~NM
I'm right there with you!!!

If you see me out around the parks, be sure and say hi!!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #1533
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell's mama View Post
Lots of things going on. Tomorrow we hit double digits!!! 99 days we can't wait. The movers are coming tomorrow. Starting us off on the next journey. We got word yesterday that one of our dearest friends was killed in Afghanistan. We could use some Beach Club and Disney. We will be doing our double digit dance in the morning!!!
So sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Last edited by 333disneymom; 06-04-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #1534
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Awesome! Have you been before? I went a few years ago thought it was pretty cool! I'm looking forward to taking DH!

~N
Yes we were there last year and it was so much fun!! I'm extra glad that we went bc Halloween ended up being a blackout here at home for us bc of Sandy so no trick or treating or dressing up. I can't wait to be back!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #1535
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Awesome! Have you been before? I went a few years ago thought it was pretty cool! I'm looking forward to taking DH!

~N
Yes we were there last year and it was so much fun!! I'm extra glad that we went bc Halloween ended up being a blackout here at home for us bc of Sandy so no trick or treating or dressing up. I can't wait to be back!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #1536
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok well.. I just booked a dinning reservation for Garden Grill (for 1)! I've never eaten here in all my years going to Disney, so I figured why not!! I'll be there 10/30-11/4/13 alone and thought I should give it a shot!! I have a late reservation so I should get Chip and Dale all to myself!!

Can't wait!
~N
Solo trip ? I may be there during those dates as well . Don't think that DH will make it. I have done solo before and WDW is awesome to solo travelers

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 06-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #1537
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lots of things going on. Tomorrow we hit double digits!!! 99 days we can't wait. The movers are coming tomorrow. Starting us off on the next journey. We got word yesterday that one of our dearest friends was killed in Afghanistan. We could use some Beach Club and Disney. We will be doing our double digit dance in the morning!!!
I'm so sorry for your loss. My cousin is on his 4th tour and is currently in Afghanistan and it's so hard to hear about each and every loss.

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 06-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #1538
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Hi, everyone! May I join this thread?

We were originally booked at the CR for 9/14 through 9/24, but we've decided to add some beach days to our trip & change resorts.

Now, we'll be arriving in WDW on 9/18 (still through 9/24). We're currently trying to decide between the Beach Club & a FW cabin.

My main concerns w/ the Beach Club are as follows:

1. We'll book a gardenview room, so I'm worried our room will be far away from everything,

2. We may or may not have a full balcony,

3. The lack of a true quick-service, and

4. The bus to & from the MK

How about long is the bus to the MK in the mornings (for MK rope drop)? Previously, we've always stayed at the CR, the WL, or FW. The bus stations at MK after "Wishes" always look so jam-packed & crowded to me - it's been nice to just walk straight out of the MK to the WL/FW boat dock.

Also, you can get your refillable mugs filled at the Marketplace, right? Are there some rooms that are more convenient to the Marketplace?

I'm concerned about the location of our room because our 2 older kids are old enough to go to the quick-service by themselves (to get a snack or drink), but I'd rather our room be close, if that makes sense.

We're a family of 5. I would like a full balcony w/ a room w/ a nice view that's not terribly far away from everything.

What kind of room requests will I need to make?

Thanks so much!

While I'm a little sad that our WDW trip is going from 10 days to 7 days, I'm also excited about the possibility of staying at the Beach Club. I've always wanted to stay at an EPCOT resort.

I also think, if we do decide on the Beach Club, I'm going to switch our Chef Mickey's breakfast to the Cape May breakfast - we've never done the Cape May character breakfast, so that'll be something new for us.

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)
Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #1539
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
Hi, everyone! May I join this thread?

We were originally booked at the CR for 9/14 through 9/24, but we've decided to add some beach days to our trip & change resorts.

Now, we'll be arriving in WDW on 9/18 (still through 9/24). We're currently trying to decide between the Beach Club & a FW cabin.

1. We'll book a gardenview room, so I'm worried our room will be far away from everything,

How about long is the bus to the MK in the mornings (for MK rope drop)? Previously, we've always stayed at the CR, the WL, or FW. The bus stations at MK after "Wishes" always look so jam-packed & crowded to me - it's been nice to just walk straight out of the MK to the WL/FW boat dock.

Also, you can get your refillable mugs filled at the Marketplace, right? Are there some rooms that are more convenient to the Marketplace?

I'm concerned about the location of our room because our 2 older kids are old enough to go to the quick-service by themselves (to get a snack or drink), but I'd rather our room be close, if that makes sense.

We're a family of 5. I would like a full balcony w/ a room w/ a nice view that's not terribly far away from everything.

Thanks so much!

While I'm a little sad that our WDW trip is going from 10 days to 7 days, I'm also excited about the possibility of staying at the Beach Club. I've always wanted to stay at an EPCOT resort.

I also think, if we do decide on the Beach Club, I'm going to switch our Chef Mickey's breakfast to the Cape May breakfast - we've never done the Cape May character breakfast, so that'll be something new for us.
Hello! Welcome to the BC! The BC is my favorite place in all of WDW! Garden view rooms aren't necessarily far away from everything. There's a link on page 1 that has an older resort map that shows the categories for the rooms. It's not exact since the resort changed room categories after this map was made, but it will give you a general idea of where the different view rooms are located.

If a full balcony is the most important request, then the YC might be a better resort choice for you. Most (if not all) of the rooms at YC have full balconies.

There are many QS food choices at BC. The Marketplace has several food options as does Hurricane Hanna's located at SAB. We've enjoyed several meals from both restaurants.

The bus to and from the MK is a non-issue in my opinion. We never had a long wait for a bus either departing or heading to BC. MK is about a 10 minute ride.

For your room request, you need to decide which request is most important to you. If having a daybed is the most important to you (which it is to us), then list that first on your request. List your requests in descending order of importance. If close to the lobby is most important (since the Marketplace and buses are in that general area), then that should be listed first. Same goes for a full balcony.

I hope these suggestions are helpful.....

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 06-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #1540
catho72
DIS Veteran

Guess who got Mickey Mail today!!!!!

Happy Dance time!!!!

Dee, the 18th sounds good to me. This is the one morning we won't be at SAB...the kids have their Y.E.S. class and I have my tour that morning. I know for sure we'll be at SAB that afternoon! Ironically, that's the evening with our questionable ADR (Via Napoli, Tutto, Hoop, Captain's Grille). We might wind up at Captain's Grille, too! Who is your super-secret special guest? Let me guess....

Buzzy!

2013 Drunken Treasures Meet sounds very apropos!

When is your Wishes Dessert Party?

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 06-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #1541
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Hello BC/YC friends!

Welcome back, Mickey T!

Thanks for sharing the mini meet photo, Dee! (Although I'm going to be pouting most of July, missing not one but TWO BC/YC meets.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post

Welcome, Wendy!!! We've stayed at BC many times over 20+ years and I'm happy to address some of your questions. Our favorite garden view room was on the second floor and VERY close to the lobby. We had a full balcony in that particular room and it overlooked the courtyard with a little slice of the lake and SAB beyond. Our request from now on (when staying garden view) will be "full balcony, close to lobby, please." Our boys (ages 13, 12 and 6) easily ranked that room their favorite non-CL room at BC. It was literally just a walk around the corner and down the stairs to BC Marketplace and the lobby - super easy for refill mugs!

So, to answer #1, garden view definitely does not mean you'll be far away from everything!

Regarding #2, it's true a full balcony is not guaranteed, but in all of our BC stays over many years, we've always had a full balcony whether we requested one or not. When you check in, ask if you have a full balcony. If not, talk to the CM about your willingness to wait for a room with a full balcony to be ready later in the day.

Regarding #3, we don't use quick service a ton because we prefer TS. But when we do use quick service, BC Marketplace is now our favorite in all of WDW. BC Marketplace has all the basics, it's close and in the same building, and it's about as non-chaotic as a quick service location can possibly be. As for other options, there are so many quick service locations in the Epcot resort area - Picabu (extensive menu - open 24 hours), Hurricane Hanna's, BC Marketplace, the brand new Boardwalk Bakery. And if you have park hoppers, you won't get a better food court than World Showcase! The new bakery in France - Les Halles - is outstanding, and just through the International Gateway and to the left. We did a take-out lunch from Les Halles on our departure day this year and LOVED it.

As for #4, I've timed the bus to MK from BC. It's approximately 15 minutes before rope drop without the BWI stop. And if you hop on the bus to MK during less busy times (midday, for example) and it stops at BWI, that's about 18 minutes. On the way home, the bus does stop at S/D and YC, but that doesn't bother us a bit. Funny thing is that the last time we stayed at Poly (which we also love) and headed "home" after Wishes, the monorail was mobbed, the boat dock was mobbed, and it took us 1.5 HOURS to get from MK to our room at Poly. That was during value season. Now, that's certainly not the norm, but we were looking over at those buses to BC and BWI thinking it would have been nice to hop on a bus!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
Old 06-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #1542
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Guess who got Mickey Mail today!!!!!

Happy Dance time!!!!

Dee, the 18th sounds good to me. This is the one morning we won't be at SAB...the kids have their Y.E.S. class and I have my tour that morning. I know for sure we'll be at SAB that afternoon! Ironically, that's the evening with our questionable ADR (Via Napoli, Tutto, Hoop, Captain's Grille). We might wind up at Captain's Grille, too! Who is your super-secret special guest? Let me guess....

Buzzy!

2013 Drunken Treasures Meet sounds very apropos!

When is your Wishes Dessert Party?
for Mickey Mail!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 06-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #1543
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So sorry for your loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
OMG!! You're right! it's three days away and I totally forgot.
(Not really) I've been inundated with "Mom will you sew this button on", "Mom where are my pool shoes?", "Mom I need more underwear".... the list goes on and on! What I want to know is how the underwear got to be 'missing' in the first place! If you see three boys running barefoot and 'nekked' around the parks they belong to me! Sigh......

~NM
for 3 days!! Just a little jealous. My knee surgery is tomorrow, bleck. But hope I'll be good as new for August wdw trip!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 06-05-2013, 01:29 AM   #1544
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Can't wait!
~N
We are thinking of Garden Grille for next January trip, never eaten there yet either.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:35 AM   #1545
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
For those of you considering getting the dining plan, I highly recommend looking into Tables in Wonderland instead. I really think if you do the math and if you really consider what you would order for your meals if you were NOT on the dining plan (would you order dessert at your QS and TS meals every time?), you'll find you will save more money with Tables. And it's for 13 months. Of course to get it, you have to either be a Vacation Club Member, annual passholder (one of you), a CM, or a Florida resident.
I totally agree with you. Lately we've gotten the TIW card, and load up a Disney gift card to use for food, and we do save $. Only last trip we did get the DDP with the stay, play & dine promo, because it was discounted, and POFQ was included in the promo.

After not bring on it for last 2 trips, then on DDP again for January I have to say, we didn't enjoy the DDP as much as we used to. It is way too much food.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: