Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #1516
Tinkerbell's mama
Mouseketeer

Lots of things going on. Tomorrow we hit double digits!!! 99 days we can't wait. The movers are coming tomorrow. Starting us off on the next journey. We got word yesterday that one of our dearest friends was killed in Afghanistan. We could use some Beach Club and Disney. We will be doing our double digit dance in the morning!!!

Old 06-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #1517
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell's mama View Post
Lots of things going on. Tomorrow we hit double digits!!! 99 days we can't wait. The movers are coming tomorrow. Starting us off on the next journey. We got word yesterday that one of our dearest friends was killed in Afghanistan. We could use some Beach Club and Disney. We will be doing our double digit dance in the morning!!!
So very sorry for your loss . It sounds like you could use a group hug, but I don't know how to do that with my iPhone!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #1518
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justustoo View Post
Just have to say how much I LOVED our YC stay 5/26-31. The staff were all absolutely wonderful, and room was beautiful. We went from their to HRH and I just kept thinking how much I would rather be back at YC- guess I'm getting too old to appreciate the rock star life!
So glad to hear you had a great stay at the YC

We are doing a similar, but reverse trip in July- HRH then BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Marie View Post
As big HRH fans and YC newbies... your post made me SOOOO excited!!
Glad you had such a wonderful time!
Glad to hear you are a fan of the HRH. First time for us!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #1519
Tinkerbell's mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post

So very sorry for your loss . It sounds like you could use a group hug, but I don't know how to do that with my iPhone!!!
Thank you. It's been a tough couple of days. Please just keep his family in your prayers.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #1520
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is heartbreaking about your friend. I have so much respect for our military and their families who all make such huge sacrifices.

I'm glad you have the move and thoughts of your upcoming trip to distract your mindss.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #1521
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
So sorry to hear this... being from a military family and marrying a person who was in the military this is so sad hear. Whenever I hear this kind of news it brings back memories of growing up on base. I will keep his family and yours in my prayers.

~Nannette

Old 06-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #1522
Tinkerbell's mama
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all the prayers. We are very fortunate that DH's new duty station is a nondeployable unit. Unfortunately he has had to deal with more losses this year than anyone should have to.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #1523
disd55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you for all the prayers. We are very fortunate that DH's new duty station is a nondeployable unit. Unfortunately he has had to deal with more losses this year than anyone should have to.
So sorry for your loss.

Just remember, life can only get better.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #1524
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Sorry for your loss. I wanted to say thank you for the service your husband has given to our country and to you for supporting him

Best wishes
Old 06-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #1525
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

We've decided on dates!! May 8-17, 2014, all at YC

Now if I could just hurry up and book, or I will keep changing my mind!!

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #1526
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Wow, I've missed a couple of days and now I have some catching up to do!

First off - Tinkerbell's mama - so sorry for your loss.

Jakey - nice pictures of your family!

Ninja Mom - 3 days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Just finished rearranging dinning plans YET AGAIN!! I think I have everything set now... no more changing things for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
All I know is he is super excited (and it really takes a lot to wow him!!)
So great that you've found a great way to share the Disney excitement with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Boy that Mike really gets around. Seems like he has a Dis-Boards lady in every port......

~NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Thanks! Now to meet the rest of you!!!! One day!
Sounds good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Love this picture!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 06-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #1527
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #1528
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry for your loss, prayers will be said.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #1529
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post

Ninja Mom - 3 days!!!
OMG!! You're right! it's three days away and I totally forgot.
(Not really) I've been inundated with "Mom will you sew this button on", "Mom where are my pool shoes?", "Mom I need more underwear".... the list goes on and on! What I want to know is how the underwear got to be 'missing' in the first place! If you see three boys running barefoot and 'nekked' around the parks they belong to me! Sigh......

~NM
Old 06-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #1530
natebenma
DIS Veteran

pages 93-96

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
40 days and I'm playing around with mine too!

Wish I was at WDW on the 7th to meet with y'all again!

Dee, we'll call our meet the 2013 Sunken Treasure Meet! We'll be at SAB most mornings and afternoons. If anyone else is around (Buzzy, you're not invited), you'll recognize me with my laminated Sunken Treasure recipe card and my nose might be tinged green....ya know how babies noses turn orange when they eat lots of sweet potatoes and carrots? Yeah, that'll be me, just green from Sunken Treasures. :drink:

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
How about the 2013 "Drunken Treasures" meet (the treasures referring to US). I am tentatively thinking of trying to arrange something late afternoon/early evening on Thursday July 18. Will keep everyone posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
I am nervous spending two TS credits on a pl
ace that gets lukewarm reviews. I've read good reviews and some not-so-great reviews. Everyone in my family LOVES steak except for me and since I'm in charge of the itinerary, Yachtsman's doesn't make the cut.

What does everyone think of Captain's Grille for dinner?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We enjoyed our meal at the Captain's Grille back in 2010. We are going back again this year, with a special guest, incidentally on Thursday July 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
And just so you all know, I got hooked on Sunken Treasures...to the point that our steakhouse here, J.Gilberts sees me coming and makes it for me without asking

LOVED YC and this thread. I learned so much and can't wait to get back to it!!!
but first, a reunion at the Poly, then a cruise....and then YC you are all mine!!!!!
Love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Does anyone know if there's a dress code at Todd English Bluezoo?
BUMP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Dee- we have a slight change in dates... we are taking 2 days off our reservation( for a happy reason) we are now 7/2-7/8 BC GV - just applied the AP discount
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Dee- one more thing...can you add me and DH to the list for the 4th annual meet

Thanks
Got it! New dates and RSVP for meet. I'll make the updates in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafan View Post
Hi Everyone,

We will be leaving for our vacation in 25 days. Staying at The Beach Club
Woo Hoo !

Can you all tell me what is a good tip for Mousekeeping? Should I leave an envelope daily with something. Just curious what most people do.

Also for Club Level if I bring a gift from home for the lounge CM's How many should I bring and when do you give them their gifts at the end of the trip or the beginning? Again just curious.

Thank you
We leave $4-5 per day for Mousekeeping (family of 4) and $2 per day for turndown service.

Coming up with gifts for the CL CMs takes some creativity. As others have indicated, gifts with local flavor from your hometown area, especially something to be shared, is a great idea. It is tough to know when- there are probably 6-8 different CMs you will encounter during your stay, and not all of them will be there every day.

More feedback and suggestions welcomed, folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
Hello Beach Club Friends,

Haven't posted in awhile but have been reading our thread daily. Love, love, love all the current trip reports. I've been waiting for another day to open up for club level and it did today, so I added a day! We had to move to standard view, so I'm nervous about that, but I'll just cross my fingers that all goes well.
Dee, our new dates are 6/28-7/7.

Can anyone give me some feedback on SVCL rooms? I asked for a full balcony and daybed, not knowing anything about room configurations or views other than parking lot or roof top. After having looked at the photo thread, some of the SVCL room views actually don't look that bad to me.

Teena and Robyn, I'm thinking we won't make the Disers meet, as we'll be on the road before the roosters crow on 7/7, but looking forward to meeting you all at the resort!
New dates duly noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaler131 View Post
We will be staying at BC next week. It's our first time staying there and we are so excited!!

Enjoy your stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
Hi, everyone.

We just checked into the YC. First time staying here, and so far we love it. We're in a GV CL room -- it overlooks a center courtyard, view straight ahead is of BC, turn to the right and it's the lake. Nice clear view of Eiffel Tower, too, so guessing we'll be able to see fireworks from our balcony.

Weather is overcast and humid but actually not very hot. Guess that's the plus side of a rainy forecast.

I didn't post much on this thread, but truly appreciate all the info it contains. I feel like I already know the resort even though I've never stayed here. Thanks!
Glad to hear your trip is off to a great start.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: