Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
tigger1972
Mouseketeer

BWI Garden Suite Cottage - can all windows be darkened?

DH and I are going to WDW for the F&W 1/2 marathon this November. Since the race starts at 10pm, we plan a long nap in the middle of the day. We are currently booked at BCV in a 1BR but I was thinking of switching to BWI Garden Suite (Cottage style 2 story room) for the CL and a new experience.

Looking at the pics online, it appears there is a window high on the wall directly opposite the 2nd floor King bed above the large door/window entrance. The pics online make it look like there is no way to close the blinds or even physically access that window to drape something over it. DH and I need darkness to sleep mid-day so I would like to know from anyone who has stayed in these rooms if it is possible to cover all the windows for a nice dark nap mid-day.

Thanks!!!
All-Star Music '97 & '01 - Yacht Club '02 - Beach Club '03 - Caribbean Beach May '04 - Disney Wonder Jul '04 - Beach Club Villas Apr '06 - Beach Club Villas Oct '06 - Beach Club Villas Feb '07 - Disney Magic & Beach Club Villas Sept '07 - Beach Club Villas Feb '08 - Beach Club Villas Oct/Nov '08 - Contemporary Dec '08 - Boardwalk Villas Mar '09 - Grand Floridian RPC Jul '10 - Beach Club Villas Dec '10 - Beach Club Villas Jun '11 - Beach Club Villas Oct '11 - Boardwalk Villas Apr '12 - Grand Floridian RPC Jul '12 - Bay Lake Tower Villas Dec '12 - Beach Club Villas Feb '13 - AKV Kidani June '13 - Grand Floridian RPC Jul '13
Beach Club Villas (F&W Half Marathon) Nov '13 - Beach Club Villas Dec '13

tigger1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
hill6
DIS Veteran

There are a few rooms that have a balcony off the second floor bedroom and not the big window. They are in the middle of the cottages. If know I was able to search and find the exact cottage numbers. I did request that type of cottage and it was granted. They were beautiful and quiet.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Bay Lake Tower May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
hill6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
jlw29
Mouseketeer

Yes, they do have a shade that you can control from a switch on the wall. The room darkening works quite well. Good luck in your race!
jlw29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #4
fall08CP
Cheesehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
There are a few rooms that have a balcony off the second floor bedroom and not the big window. They are in the middle of the cottages. If know I was able to search and find the exact cottage numbers. I did request that type of cottage and it was granted. They were beautiful and quiet.
"Garden Cottages are optimized for honeymooners. While they sleep four, all but three of the cottages sleep two in an upstairs lofted space that is open to a downstairs living area that sleeps two in a fold-out couch. (The three with a private upstairs bedroom are 1205, 1206, and 1207.) Size varies from around 900 to 1100 square feet." Source: yourfirstvisit.net
Old 07-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
disneyfreak33
DIS Veteran

We had room 1209 and as the PP said yes. There is a switch on the wall that automatically puts that shade down for you. You will not have an issue with light between the shade and the curtains they both block out the light well.

I cannot comment on the balcony rooms but if they have the same curtains in those rooms as they did for the room we had, which I am sure they do, it should not be an issue in there either.

Good luck in your race.
disneyfreak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
tigger1972
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! This is why I love these boards - you can't find this information anywhere else online!
All-Star Music '97 & '01 - Yacht Club '02 - Beach Club '03 - Caribbean Beach May '04 - Disney Wonder Jul '04 - Beach Club Villas Apr '06 - Beach Club Villas Oct '06 - Beach Club Villas Feb '07 - Disney Magic & Beach Club Villas Sept '07 - Beach Club Villas Feb '08 - Beach Club Villas Oct/Nov '08 - Contemporary Dec '08 - Boardwalk Villas Mar '09 - Grand Floridian RPC Jul '10 - Beach Club Villas Dec '10 - Beach Club Villas Jun '11 - Beach Club Villas Oct '11 - Boardwalk Villas Apr '12 - Grand Floridian RPC Jul '12 - Bay Lake Tower Villas Dec '12 - Beach Club Villas Feb '13 - AKV Kidani June '13 - Grand Floridian RPC Jul '13
Beach Club Villas (F&W Half Marathon) Nov '13 - Beach Club Villas Dec '13

tigger1972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: