Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #286
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Worker Sue

You could be fired for talking about being a victim of a hit and run? Wow.

They should not be talking about YOU getting fired. You did nothing wrong.
Wrong.

If they fire the doctor she may sue for wrongful termination. And the OP's testimony would be relevant. And it's never a good idea for witnesses to be gossiping about the case.

And if they don't fire the doctor they want to quell any gossip because who needs that going on in the workplace?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #287
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINFAN View Post
Well, I will speak for myself - Not meaning to offend, and I admitted to being cynical (been a rough few months ) but I gotta say that the HR stuff is just plain odd. Sounds like what transpired in today's meeting falls more in line with normal guidelines. So the doctor person who hit your car was not in the meeting? I thought that the 2 of you were meeting in HR together which is what raised a BIG flag for me. Sounds like she was not involved in your meeting which is good.

As far as the scammer before, she was good. SO MANY on here were offering help, advice, guidance, comfort...you learn from your mistakes so hopefully you can understand when another situation takes some bizarre turns, it can be hard to ignore past experiences.

That's the thing with the internet, responses of all kinds will happen.

Main thing is that you can move forward and glad you are getting a larger car.
The message they left me this morning sounded like we were all meeting together. I must have misunderstood it. They said they wanted to meet with all parties involved. I thought they meant together, but it seems like we must have all had our own meetings.

I remember that poster. The pregnant lady flying to Canada. I actually believed her. I was sort of hurt when I found out she was not true.
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #288
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDumbo View Post
Wow, I have not read all your responses yet but I am a little offended that you think I am a scammer. I really wish this did not happen. But I seem to be a magnet for trouble these days. I apologize for being so dramatic, but I was really really upset when I saw that video. Just thinking about the video still makes me crazy mad.
No need for an apology. You came here to get this off your chest. Glad your meeting was not too bad.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #289
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
Wrong.

If they fire the doctor she may sue for wrongful termination. And the OP's testimony would be relevant. And it's never a good idea for witnesses to be gossiping about the case.

And if they don't fire the doctor they want to quell any gossip because who needs that going on in the workplace?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards
I couldn't help but think they are keeping the doctor and don't want her reputation to be tarnished. But that is total speculation on my part. I just feel like they are on her side. But who knows.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #290
Social Worker Sue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
Wrong.

Gossip? Who said anything about gossip?

A co-worker asks: "When will your car be fixed?" Or "How badly is your car damaged?" I am wondering if OP can be fired if she answers those questions Or even "Who hit your car?" OP can't answer truthfully or else she will be fired.
Social Worker Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #291
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I couldn't help but think they are keeping the doctor and don't want her reputation to be tarnished. But that is total speculation on my part. I just feel like they are on her side. But who knows.
This is what I've been thinking. Be cautious and do not talk about it period-no phone calls, texts, emails, Facebook, even the mall or church. They could take any of these and use them as grounds to fire you.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #292
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
This is what I've been thinking. Be cautious and do not talk about it period-no phone calls, texts, emails, Facebook, even the mall or church. They could take any of these and use them as grounds to fire you.
Of course the first thing when I got back to my floor was everyone wanting to know what happened at the meeting. I just said I am not supposed to discuss it. People seemed to understand. I was also 2 hours behind on my work so I was pretty busy for the rest of the day.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #293
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Of course the first thing when I got back to my floor was everyone wanting to know what happened at the meeting. I just said I am not supposed to discuss it. People seemed to understand. I was also 2 hours behind on my work so I was pretty busy for the rest of the day.
Smart woman!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #294
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

So pages and pages of posters going on about the terrible scenarios of evil HR making the OP meet with the doctor and that was never the case. HR was actually doing what HR departments do and gathering information, they didn't know the doctor talked to the OP, and gave reasonable advice for going forward.

Gee where is al the drama for everyone in that.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #295
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

I hope that doctor gets fired. It would anger me to no end if I saw such a video of her crashing into my car and then walking away after looking at her own damage.

She has very low moral standards. If the workplace has a code of conduct and they don't follow up with SOMETHING against the doctor, I'm not sure I would want to work there any longer.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera

Last edited by Handbag Lady; 05-11-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #296
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

I'm glad it worked out well FlyingDumbo!
Resort stays: DLR Grand Californian Jan 2011, HKDL Hollywood Hotel July 2011, WDW Wilderness Lodge Jan 2012, DLR Paradise Pier and MNSSHP Oct 2012, AKL Jan 2013, HKDL Hotel and Halloween party Oct 2013

2014 Book Challenge 19/30 read
1. David and Goliath 2. The Eye of the World 3. A Firing Offense 4. Fire from Heaven 5. The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club 6. Orphan Train 7. A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder 8. The Rosie Project 9. The New Centurions 10. The Black Echo 11. The Hall of Elders Crossing 12. Secrets of the Tudor Court 13. Al Capp 14. The Witch Doctor's Wife 15. The Headhunter's Daughter 16. The Yard 17. The Dinner 18. The Magicians 19. The All-Girls Filling Station's Last Reunion 20. The Golem and the Jinni

Currently reading: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #297
LargoLori
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
She should be arrested for hit and run, and her insurance should cover repairs to the car and rental fees.

Whether she gets fired should not be your decision.
This...what occurred was a hit and run which is a felony. She sould be arrested. If I were to guess there is a bigger reason she did not want to report.

LargoLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #298
Sanchez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Good gracious. Now HR is out to fire her.

Seems that Lorelei Lee and some other rational thinkers were right all along. But where is the drama in that?
Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #299
Sanchez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
So pages and pages of posters going on about the terrible scenarios of evil HR making the OP meet with the doctor and that was never the case. HR was actually doing what HR departments do and gathering information, they didn't know the doctor talked to the OP, and gave reasonable advice for going forward.

Gee where is al the drama for everyone in that.
Yes, but don't you know that HR is really on the doctor's side and looking for reasons to fire the victim?
Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #300
NaLisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Worker Sue View Post
Gossip? Who said anything about gossip?

A co-worker asks: "When will your car be fixed?" Or "How badly is your car damaged?" I am wondering if OP can be fired if she answers those questions Or even "Who hit your car?" OP can't answer truthfully or else she will be fired.
"I'm sorry, but I cannot discuss it," IS answering truthfully.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: