Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #271
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

You would think the OP would have posted an update by now, if the story was true that is. When I first read the thread, I also thought that maybe this was all BS. I hope it isn't. The one fact that sticks with me is when she said there was minimal damage on the doctors vehicle. But she hit the OP's car hard enough to push it into another car. If this was indeed the case. The offending vehicle would have significant damage, and not minimal a the OP said.

It is a shame some people have to make up stuff. It makes it really hard to believe anything written here. I'm not saying the OP lied for sure, just making a comment.
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #272
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkshel View Post
You would think the OP would have posted an update by now, if the story was true that is. When I first read the thread, I also thought that maybe this was all BS. I hope it isn't. The one fact that sticks with me is when she said there was minimal damage on the doctors vehicle. But she hit the OP's car hard enough to push it into another car. If this was indeed the case. The offending vehicle would have significant damage, and not minimal a the OP said.

It is a shame some people have to make up stuff. It makes it really hard to believe anything written here. I'm not saying the OP lied for sure, just making a comment.

FlyingDumbo is a regular poster. I think y'all might be a bit jaded.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #273
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
FlyingDumbo is a regular poster. I think y'all might be a bit jaded.

She shared her dilemma but that doesn't mean she'll rush home from work, jump on the DIS, and share everything that happened. Maybe she went out to dinner with her husband. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #274
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Depending on how the meeting went, she may be to upset to post. Or maybe they she was told not to discuss with anyone until the matter was resolved.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #275
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post

She shared her dilemma but that doesn't mean she'll rush home from work, jump on the DIS, and share everything that happened. Maybe she went out to dinner with her husband. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.
Exactly, and she's nearing the end of her pregnancy. I certainly know the last thing I'm thinking about after a long day at work is rushing home to update nosy DISers.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #276
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Hi all, just wanted to give a quick update!

I have to go back and read all the replies I missed while at work today! There are a lot of new pages, I will catch up. I ended up at work pretty late tonight since the hr meeting took a chunk out of my work day. I was late for the meeting because my meeting prior went over. When I got there they had me talk to an HR lady, she basically just wanted to hear about what happened, mostly what time did I park, what time did I come out, what time do I think my car got hit. What kind of damage, did my insurance have an estimate yet blah blah. All stuff I think they have on video, so that seemed weird. She did ask if my insurance company name which I gave her. (didn't see why not) She did ask if I filed a police report, I told her I filed 2, one before I knew who did it and 1 after. She did not ask anything else about that. They were not aware the Dr had spoken to me. They were not happy about that. They had a lot of questions about that. Then they had me meet with a "risk management" person who basically told me not to speak about the incident at work at all. I could be disciplined or fired for talking to anyone about what happened or who was involved. I told them everyone on my floor already knew. They said that was fine just not to talk about it anymore. They said not to speak with the Dr and she is not to speak to me. I am also not to speak with the other car owner, I have no idea who that person is. They did give me some BS about Doctors having to rush to an emergency situation, I kept it to myself but that is a complete load of bull. There are specific up front spots for that, and unless it lasted 2 full days the accident should have been reported. And it was clear from the video this Dr was not in a hurry, she fully inspected her own damage. They told me they would handle the incident and that they would contact me if they needed anymore info. I am not sure what to make of it, but it was not too bad.

So now I am just stuck waiting for my car to get fixed. I am going to exchange my car for a bigger car tomorrow which I am happy about. I was told to pay the difference and keep the receipts for now. They said they could give me a " Jeep Grand Cherokee or similar".
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #277
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Im actually giving the OP the benefit of the doubt. Six years ago, a Hyundai Santa Fe ran a stop sign and hit the right rear side of my 2001 Mercedes C Class, the Santa Fe lost the front bumper, left head light and grill. My car got a small dent (and I got the scare of my life), I actually felt bad for the lady driving the other car , her suv had major damage and needed a tow truck after the accident while I drove off without any problems.

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #278
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Wow, I have not read all your responses yet but I am a little offended that you think I am a scammer. I really wish this did not happen. But I seem to be a magnet for trouble these days. I apologize for being so dramatic, but I was really really upset when I saw that video. Just thinking about the video still makes me crazy mad.
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #279
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You're not saying the OP lied...but you are aren't you...

Maybe I am just naive, but I usually lean toward believing people rather than assuming that the majority of what is written on these boards is lies.

If that is really how you feel why do you continue to come on the boards?
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream

usd2bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #280
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by usd2bmd

You're not saying the OP lied...but you are aren't you...

Maybe I am just naive, but I usually lean toward believing people rather than assuming that the majority of what is written on these boards is lies.

If that is really how you feel why do you continue to come on the boards?
Exactly!!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #281
joanne312
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDumbo View Post
Wow, I have not read all your responses yet but I am a little offended that you think I am a scammer. I really wish this did not happen. But I seem to be a magnet for trouble these days. I apologize for being so dramatic, but I was really really upset when I saw that video. Just thinking about the video still makes me crazy mad.
Don't worry about a few people thinking you're a scammer. We don't really expect you rush home to update nosy DISers to prove you are legit. Until you tell us that your husband is leaving you for the housekeeper, your mom needs an organ transplant, your brother is being held hostage in a foreign country, and you start having an affair with the head of the HR department, I'll believe you
Old 05-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #282
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDumbo
Hi all, just wanted to give a quick update!

I have to go back and read all the replies I missed while at work today! There are a lot of new pages, I will catch up. I ended up at work pretty late tonight since the hr meeting took a chunk out of my work day. I was late for the meeting because my meeting prior went over. When I got there they had me talk to an HR lady, she basically just wanted to hear about what happened, mostly what time did I park, what time did I come out, what time do I think my car got hit. What kind of damage, did my insurance have an estimate yet blah blah. All stuff I think they have on video, so that seemed weird. She did ask if my insurance company name which I gave her. (didn't see why not) She did ask if I filed a police report, I told her I filed 2, one before I knew who did it and 1 after. She did not ask anything else about that. They were not aware the Dr had spoken to me. They were not happy about that. They had a lot of questions about that. Then they had me meet with a "risk management" person who basically told me not to speak about the incident at work at all. I could be disciplined or fired for talking to anyone about what happened or who was involved. I told them everyone on my floor already knew. They said that was fine just not to talk about it anymore. They said not to speak with the Dr and she is not to speak to me. I am also not to speak with the other car owner, I have no idea who that person is. They did give me some BS about Doctors having to rush to an emergency situation, I kept it to myself but that is a complete load of bull. There are specific up front spots for that, and unless it lasted 2 full days the accident should have been reported. And it was clear from the video this Dr was not in a hurry, she fully inspected her own damage. They told me they would handle the incident and that they would contact me if they needed anymore info. I am not sure what to make of it, but it was not too bad.

So now I am just stuck waiting for my car to get fixed. I am going to exchange my car for a bigger car tomorrow which I am happy about. I was told to pay the difference and keep the receipts for now. They said they could give me a " Jeep Grand Cherokee or similar".
Somehow I suspected that this is how it would work out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #283
Social Worker Sue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Then they had me meet with a "risk management" person who basically told me not to speak about the incident at work at all. I could be disciplined or fired for talking to anyone about what happened or who was involved.
You could be fired for talking about being a victim of a hit and run? Wow.

They should not be talking about YOU getting fired. You did nothing wrong.
Social Worker Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #284
TLuvsD
DIS Veteran

It sounds like HR is being reasonable. I am glad to hear you will be getting a more comfortable car asap. I hope you can start to recover from all this....
TLuvsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #285
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

Quote:
Well, I will speak for myself - Not meaning to offend, and I admitted to being cynical (been a rough few months ) but I gotta say that the HR stuff is just plain odd. Sounds like what transpired in today's meeting falls more in line with normal guidelines. So the doctor person who hit your car was not in the meeting? I thought that the 2 of you were meeting in HR together which is what raised a BIG flag for me. Sounds like she was not involved in your meeting which is good.

As far as the scammer before, she was good. SO MANY on here were offering help, advice, guidance, comfort...you learn from your mistakes so hopefully you can understand when another situation takes some bizarre turns, it can be hard to ignore past experiences.

That's the thing with the internet, responses of all kinds will happen.

Main thing is that you can move forward and glad you are getting a larger car.
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: