Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Carable
Mouseketeer

Thank you creative Disigners!

I just wanted to pop on and show off all the crafty awesomeness ya'll helped me create. Some of these things are from Disigners here that I've personalized or modified, a few things I didn't take pictures of but used, and some I just totally made up myself. I used to be a digital scrapbook designer, so I knew my way around photoshop but I never could have been inspired to make what I did without seeing what you selfless ladies and gentlemen do on this board. So, this is a heartfelt THANK YOU.

I will apologize in advance for not knowing the exact names of each disigner for each thing, I didn't know I was going to do this when I made everything. I am searching through my links now to see who did what. I am not a disigner, but if someone on here would like to take my original design idea and make it their own, I'm totally fine with that! Now, on to what you guys really want....the pictures!

Thank you MusicMouse for the fronts & backs of these autograph books. I added pictures of the few characters we met in 2009 in between pages. I used Donatalie's vol. 3 pages.

Family shirts for the first day, I did all of this except the awesome Jiminy Cricket mouse head...still looking into who made that one. I used Amy's Transfers for the shirts. They were easy to order, came fast, were SILLY EASY to use and look fantastic. I'm so glad someone recommended her to me.
Fronts

backs (one for my little family of 4 and the other 2 for my parents)

Magnets I printed at home on inkjet magnet paper. RustManFan did the balloon image, not sure who did the eat, sleep, Disney one, and I did the rest.

Departure day shirts for kiddos I made

Star Wars shirts I made

I actually found the image on the internet and then added each of the lightsabers. Easily the hardest design I did.

Last Day shirts (this is RustManFan's idea, I just didn't want it in a Mickey Head shape, so grabbed it off the web and made this version).

continued in next post...

DL - '85, '91, '94
WDW - '93, '95, '09 (1st time for kiddos)
May '13 - BLT
April '14 - CBR Pirate Room
Disney Fantasy Aug 2014 with some time in WDW too!

My 1st PTR/TR...My Deep Descent into Disney Madness...May 2013

Last edited by Carable; 05-09-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Carable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Carable
Mouseketeer

Huge Rapunzel fan and I'm a librarian too, so it's kinda perfect. Matching mommy/daughter shirts I made.

Edna Mode, one of the best characters created, EVER. A Mommy shirt I made and can't wait to wear. It was between this quote and No Capes!.

Ok, not sure who made this Mickey head with Crush ( I added fish and words), but they had Ah-Mazing Mickey Heads in her photobucket and they were outstanding quality. I've always loved Crush, especially after getting to see them during a snorkel on our honeymoon.

This design originated with Tebi73, but I remade it to fit my color scheme that I wanted. Obvious Father/Son matching shirts.

Another Mommy/Daughter shirt I made since Ariel is our favorite princess of all time.

And one last Rapunzel shirt I made as I LOVE me some Pascal.

I also have one set of shirts that I didn't get a picture of using BayouMickey's design. It is super cute.

I just wanted to give back a little as wandering these boards for the last 5 months and seeing what others did really helped inspire me. Thanks again for the extra Magic.
Now only 2 days until I'm in the middle of the magic with my awesome new clothing line. LOL.

DL - '85, '91, '94
May '13 - BLT

Last edited by Carable; 05-08-2013 at 09:12 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
ILVMICKEY
Dreaming of becoming a Disney DISigner someday...

WOW CARA!!!

Your shirts look AH-MAZ-ING!! Great job! Of course I love the DISigns from the DISigners on this board, but the disigns you did yourself look so great too!!

This may be a little bit addicting. I originally was going to make one matching shirt for each person in our group (9 people). Now, my two toddler boys have a shirt for each day we are there (and a few extra--haha), my teenage girls have three shirts each, and only one t-shirt each for daddy and the teenage boys. I'll probably have to beg/bribe them to wear it, but I'm sure they'll do it for me!! Haha.

Have a great time on your trip!! You & your family will be so stylin' in your Disney t-shirts!! We leave May 18th and I CAN'T WAIT!!
DS(15) DD(13) DS(4) DS(2)

2001 JUNE - WDW - off site
2010 MARCH - Disney Magic Cruise
2013 MAY - WDW - CSR
ILVMICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
maryannlandin
Mouseketeer

Wow! Everything looks amazing!!!
maryannlandin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
Carable
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILVMICKEY View Post
WOW CARA!!!

Your shirts look AH-MAZ-ING!! Great job! Of course I love the DISigns from the DISigners on this board, but the disigns you did yourself look so great too!!

This may be a little bit addicting. I originally was going to make one matching shirt for each person in our group (9 people). Now, my two toddler boys have a shirt for each day we are there (and a few extra--haha), my teenage girls have three shirts each, and only one t-shirt each for daddy and the teenage boys. I'll probably have to beg/bribe them to wear it, but I'm sure they'll do it for me!! Haha.

Have a great time on your trip!! You & your family will be so stylin' in your Disney t-shirts!! We leave May 18th and I CAN'T WAIT!!
The addiction is real. I started out with just the first day matching shirts and you can see what it turned into. I ordered from Amy's Transfers twice and Jiffy shirts 3 times! Geesh. Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryannlandin View Post
Wow! Everything looks amazing!!!
Thank you so much!

DL - '85, '91, '94
May '13 - BLT

Old 05-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #6
melglnh2o
Mouseketeer

Great job!!! They are all amazing but I love the princess one with the light sabers. Awesome.
melglnh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse

They all look great! I love the silhouettes one with a character for each family member - very creative! And the jumping Mickey one is so vibrant and colorful. Love it!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
Carable
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melglnh2o View Post
Great job!!! They are all amazing but I love the princess one with the light sabers. Awesome.
Thanks, it's my favorite one for her as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_I_C_K_E_Y View Post
They all look great! I love the silhouettes one with a character for each family member - very creative! And the jumping Mickey one is so vibrant and colorful. Love it!
Thanks! I'm editing the first post to tell them how much I loved your transfers. It is in my PTR, but forgot on this one. Thanks so much for delivering such a quality product.

DL - '85, '91, '94
May '13 - BLT

Old 05-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carable View Post
Thanks! I'm editing the first post to tell them how much I loved your transfers. It is in my PTR, but forgot on this one. Thanks so much for delivering such a quality product.
I am so glad that you are loving the transfers! You are very welcome!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
noahdove
DIS Veteran

What an awesome job!!! I love each item...you will have a great trip

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: