Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
Madfish
Earning My Ears

Car hire included?

Hi

Looking to book very soon. Probably don't want the car hire that is included in the price with virgin but when I take this off the price goes up. Ok, only by about twenty pounds but this doesn't seem right - no doubt it must be because they take a hefty cut of the additional insurance that many people take out. Is this always the case?

Also, apart from using virgin themselves can anybody recommend any good agents. We are looking to go in July 2014 so not all flights are available at present but want to book early to secure our choice of hotel ( when we have made a final decision).

Thanks
Madfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Its in their T&C's if you don't take the a car they charge a £30pp unpackaging fee but its usually for Flydrives rather than a complete package holiday. Easiest way is leave the car on and just don't collect it.
Could it be if you remove the car they are adding transfers?

Independent itinerary charge

We provide Package Holidays. We do NOT sell Flight Only. Because we have commitments to our Hotels, Car Hire Companies and other Suppliers we have decided to make a flat charge of £30 per person for any period of 7 nights or more spent on holiday not using any of our services (excluding infants). FOR EXAMPLE you spend a week at one of our Hotels, but then decide to spend a week doing your own thing with new love Samantha in Miami, we will charge you £30 for that week.
http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/info...ts/surcharges/
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #3
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

I found that too when pricing up holidays for next August.
If I booked with Virgin, I was going to leave the car on the booking and just not pick it up. Like you it saved us about £50.
As we're staying at a Disney hotel, we can book DME

A lot of people, are finding it cheaper to book direct with Disney.co.uk
you could then wait until the flights are out and search for the best deal.

There are other companies to use, price up a few and see how you get on.
Where are you thinking of staying?
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Madfish
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys. Will look into those suggestions.

We are looking at either CBR which we can book as a package with virgin but disney.co.uk don't have flights yet. Or we can get OKW with disney but virgin haven't got them on release yet.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

The current free dining deals end 1st July. They usually do offer free dining again but take off the $200 gift card. You cant guarantee if theyre going to do that again this year though.

Are you worried about getting flights at all?
you shouldnt be, you can still get flights for this August
If you want to fly direct, you are more limited but should be able to get a cheaper deal by booking with Disney and then flights from somewhere like Virgin Atlantic.
Our Disney hotel booking & a VH fly drive is still £1,000 cheaper than booking everything with Virgin Holidays.
If I booked a fly drive, I wouldnt pick up the car as I dont need it. You can book DME as youre going to be staying at a Disney hotel.
we plan to search for flights when they come out, you can get them cheaper than the current fly drive prices.
As others have said theres other places to check for prices too.

good luck and hope you find a fab deal
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
Madfish
Earning My Ears

Thanks Darthtatty. Have just tried the prices by booking disney and virgin as a fly drive.

For CBR disney prices are coming up at £2,700 for 14 days including tickets with flights with virgin as fly drive adding another £3,000.

As a package with virgin it is £5,500.

Wonder if it's to do with when we can go - July 2014.

Will keep looking before I make a final decision.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: