Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
samacita
Mouseketeer

Arrival day ADR timing

Would you book an ADR on arrival day? I want to secure a table for dinner at Kona, but worry about not making our ADR if there are travel delays. We've also never stayed onsite before, so ME is new to us, and I'm not sure how much time to estimate for that. Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 5:20 (and it is direct, so we won't have to worry about missing any connections) and we are staying at the Poly. What time do you think would be reasonable for an ADR at Kona, factoring in ME travel time (and anything else I might not be thinking of that we would need to do first...checking in at Poly?? would we have to do that first?)? Or, do you think it would be too risky to have a dinner reservation considering that arrival time? It would be nice to just walk in to Kona whenever we happen to get there, but I understand that it is a popular restaurant and have been advised that an ADR may be needed.

What are your thoughts? Thanks for your help!!
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #2
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Just don't pick a restaurant that requires a credit card guarantee.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
LadyPirateBree
Earning My Ears

We have an ADR for the day we arrive, but it's at our hotel. We've got around an 8-10 hour drive that day, so we figured we wouldn't have to rush around in case we get delayed.
LadyPirateBree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
Would you book an ADR on arrival day? I want to secure a table for dinner at Kona, but worry about not making our ADR if there are travel delays. We've also never stayed onsite before, so ME is new to us, and I'm not sure how much time to estimate for that. Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 5:20 (and it is direct, so we won't have to worry about missing any connections) and we are staying at the Poly. What time do you think would be reasonable for an ADR at Kona, factoring in ME travel time (and anything else I might not be thinking of that we would need to do first...checking in at Poly?? would we have to do that first?)? Or, do you think it would be too risky to have a dinner reservation considering that arrival time? It would be nice to just walk in to Kona whenever we happen to get there, but I understand that it is a popular restaurant and have been advised that an ADR may be needed.

What are your thoughts? Thanks for your help!!
Poke around the transportation board to see the time from the airport to the Poly. Then figure if you want to check in first (wash up, luggage, etc.). Also if you are on the Dining Plan and want to use your credits, I assume you will have to check in first. Then determine the time, and make an ADR-assuming that Kona does not require a credit card guarantee in case flight is late and you no-show.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein
Just don't pick a restaurant that requires a credit card guarantee.
Exactly. And Kona doesn't require one.
Don't know when you are traveling, but I've been successful many times just walking up or calling AMD adjusting my ADR time there. But we visit in Sept.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I would say around 8 pm should be fine. I wouldn't make one for anything earlier, as it can take a while to deplane, get to the ME area, and get on your way.
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
samacita
Mouseketeer

Boo. With young kids, dinner at 8pm or later is not a great option. Guess we'll be having airport food that evening and will have to try Kona another night. Bummer.
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #8
vicb224
Mouseketeer

I would try just showing up and seeing if they can take you as a walk in if you get there early enough for your family to have dinner at a better time.
vicb224 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: