Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #16
agavegirl1
DIS Veteran

I love that my Disney Kid (now 25) is in a graduate program in Animation and Illustration and working on a project for Pixar in CA because of something a Disney Animator told her at MGM 15 years ago. She designs characters and has been doing it since that trip.
agavegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #17
mummabear
DIS Veteran

Crows for Peter Pan everyday =)
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #18
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Love all the responses! Of course we are ALL Disney "kids" at heart!
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #19
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

At 4yrs old has made out an itinerary of what she wants to do during our upcoming trip, she can tell you which rides she wants to go on and why, when we are sleeping or when she plans to take a nap and the food she's having ... tasty popcorn, Mickey candy apple, mac n cheese with apple juice, Mickey Bar, green beans and chicken, chocolate ice cream and she's even getting a pretzel for daddy.!

She's also a wonderful GPS at the parks, just ask her which ride do you want go to and she will point you in the right direction. She is so ready for the college program at 4!

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #20
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agavegirl1 View Post
I love that my Disney Kid (now 25) is in a graduate program in Animation and Illustration and working on a project for Pixar in CA because of something a Disney Animator told her at MGM 15 years ago. She designs characters and has been doing it since that trip.
Wow, that's such a dream job. Congrats to her and you for supporting her to pursue her dreams!!

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #21
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

My oldest:

She still loves the princesses at 10 years-old when a lot of girls don’t care for them after the age of 6 (particularly nice since she didn’t get to WDW until she was 7). I have some amazing pictures of her from last year at age 9 twirling with Belle in Town Square Theater. I'm so sad they moved her from there.

She loves Disney and her little brother enough to not only sit through the Disney Jr. show at DHS and eat at the Disney Jr. Meal at Hollywood and Vine, but also dance during the show and volunteer to dance to the Sharky and Bones song during the meal to help the small children feel more comfortable.

My youngest:

Watches rides and parades on youtube with me

This same child for whom they recommended speech therapy because he wasn’t putting enough words together was able to almost single handedly convince me to take them back this year when I had it in my head to go to the beach. His sister just tugged on my arm and said, “Please take us back to Disney.” He says: “Oh mommy, it is so beautiful there. I can’t wait to go back to play. I can’t wait to go back to see Mickey. Can we go back? Can we go back to see Mickey, pleeeeeaaassseee?”

As you can see by my ticker, I caved.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #22
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkayluvsdis View Post
Watches "Illuminations" videos on you tube

My dd(6) has a hand me down i phone. It brings such a smile to my face that she will watch and listen to the entire "Illuminations; reflections of Earth". As i type this I can hear her saying to her 3 year old brother, "Listen, this is the best part!!"

What do your little mouseketeers do that make your Disney hearts melt?

-Kelly
DD10 listens to Disney music at every opportunity. She dances and puts it on the stereo and will dance around the kitchen for hours. Last week I caught her watching the new planning CD as well.

She keeps asking when we are going back.....shhhh! Don't tell her, but an August trip is already booked and paid for.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #23
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

We have APs, so my 2 year old nephew has been a lot. He likes to say "watch monorail?" or "watch tram?," and then we have to pull up the youtube videos for him.
nfggirl5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #24
MickeyMom2Boys
DIS Veteran

All 3 of my boys talk about Disney all the time, but I think DS2 has really been bitten by the bug! A few weeks ago on the way home he said, very seriously, "Mommy, can I go to Disney World?" Last night at DS6's lacrosse practice, DS2 was playing in the grass then suddenly broke out into a song and dance "We going to Disney World! We going to Disney World! I'm gonna see Dumbo!" We just went in January, but it feels like so long ago! Time to plan the next trip!!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
bleeps
DIS Veteran

At 15, WDW is still his first vacation choice,
he is still willing to do character meet & greets,
still has a big hug for Eeyore at our traditional last morning CP breakfast,
has his two display boards with pins in a place of honor in his room,
and enjoys drinking his morning milk or tea out of a mug from WDW.

When we go next month, he's hoping he's not the tallest one in the line to meet P & F....

WDW once a year since 2003!
bleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #26
amandals2007
DIS Veteran

im an only child and im 24 and i still go with my parents at least once a year to disney. its my favorite place in the world to go and i love being there with my parents. we listen to reedy creek radio all the time and watch the youtube videos constantly and are always looking to make sure we are doing everything we want for our trip.
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**
amandals2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #27
livingthedream
Mouseketeer

My 22 year old son still wants to watch Disney movies on our family movie night, particularly Aladin, his favourite!

He also will burst into song out of nowhere with some of the Disney movie themes.

And he has been known to banter back and forth with quotes from Disney animated movies with some of his work colleagues to the point of taking the prize for having the most lines memorized.

He really was - and is - a Disney kid!
livingthedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #28
JarrothsMom
Mouseketeer

When we get into the car on our trips to Dallas (5 hours at least 3 times a month) my youngest son will use my phone (synced with car) and look up disney ride,area loops, and queues from rides...and he makes me guess where it is
Old 05-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #29
jaysonleah
Mouseketeer

When my middle DS 7 gets a choice on what to watch on Netflix, he usually pulls up travel shows about WDW and DL. And he loves to look at pictures of Disney food with me on the boards. My oldest DS 11 sometimes runs around singing "it's a small world." and the youngest DS 7 always asks "will this make me grow" about his vegetables so that he can ride all of the 40" rides! He also frequently states "I want to go to Disneyland tomorrow!" and his birthday cake was dumbo! All of them find hidden mickeys everywhere. Too funny!

jaysonleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #30
Tazicket
I routinely walk into 1 certain wall at home
Loved by a Pirate Penguin
ACK! I wouldn't ever eat a Mystery Peep!! That's crazy!

My almost 2 year old is completely star struck by the characters in the park. Especially Pooh & Tigger. It's so sweet!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: