Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
JennyMP03
DIS Veteran

Two adults, no children: Pop or AoA?

I've always seen Pop highly recommended among the values but now I'm wondering about Art of Animation. I'd appreciate any input!

Our trip is September 28-October 5th. I'm concerned with noise level, the air conditioning (I've seen people say Pop AC units won't go lower than a certain temperature, I think, and we like it cold when sleeping), and the bus routes. We'll be using the buses exclusively.

Thanks so much!
JennyMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
Deputyjc
Earning My Ears

Both resorts are nice, but I like the theming better at AoA. As far as bus transportation they will both be very similar. Both resorts have dedicated busses due to the size and number of rooms. I found the busses to actually be better than some mod and deluxe resorts due to the fact that there is one central bus stop. It can get a bit busy in the morning but there is always a steady flow of busses so if you don't get on one another one usually arrives in a few minutes. It's also the same if you try to leave the parks at closing. There isn't really too much of a difference in price. I'm booked sept 24th-27th at AoA and the price difference between the two resorts was only 75$. As far as the AC, I too like it cold and had no problems keeping my room like an icebox. Hope this helps.
Deputyjc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

I can't say anything for AoA, as it wasn't open when we were there last April, but we watched when we stayed at Pop. We went as two adults and enjoyed Pop very much. It wasn't terribly crowded. I asked for a lake view and first floor when I did online check in and we were put in a corner of building 6. It right near an ice machine and where mousekeeping kept their carts and we really didn't hear much of anything (we did get up for rope drop for 5 of 6 nights we were there though). I was happy with bus service while we were there too!

I would guess that there would be more children at AoA since many of the rooms are suites.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Lake view at pop is SUPER QUIET! its quite lovely. And let me tell you, its freezing in the rooms. The a/c works just fine! I've been there many times. Love the atmosphere.

Keep in mind the standard rooms at AoA is quite a walk to the main building. But I'm curious about this resort so id be tempted to give it a try.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: