Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

Parking at AKL?

How long of a walk is it from the parking to the rooms at AKL? I couldn't find the parking lot on the map that was on All Ears. We're planning on renting a car to get to ADRs at other resorts, resort exploring, and a beach day.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

I was wondering the same thing. We're staying at the AKL for the first time this September. I did a Google search and this is what I found...

I guess it just depends on how lucky you are at finding a parking spot. I hope it helps.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

Duh! Google solves all problems. Thanks for posting. And it looks like kind of crummy. I suppose for days without ADRs, I may use the buses! Still up for debate at this point.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

No problem. Going by your siggy you have a tiny princess at you. You probably barely have time for a shower let alone time to Google anything.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 05-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissafox18 View Post
Duh! Google solves all problems. Thanks for posting. And it looks like kind of crummy. I suppose for days without ADRs, I may use the buses! Still up for debate at this point.
It isn't as bad as the Boardwalk as far as parking lots go. It depends on where your room is located. the walk could be minimal if you don't have a savannah or pool view. I think all the deluxes have parking lots away from their rooms, I know you can park closer to your room at POR and POFQ, too. DVC for some, like OKW and Sartoga is also closer.
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

parking at Jambo can be a walk,

Kidani has parking right beneath the building.. very convenient.

they do have valet parking at Jambo too. (and if you pay at one resort, it is good at the others too for the same day.)

we did it the one night we went to the Poly for dinner/ then back to Jambo.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic3forme View Post
parking at Jambo can be a walk,

Kidani has parking right beneath the building.. very convenient.

they do have valet parking at Jambo too. (and if you pay at one resort, it is good at the others too for the same day.)

we did it the one night we went to the Poly for dinner/ then back to Jambo.
Thanks, I was going to ask on the AKL thread if they have valet parking. The $12 per day fee is a lot better than the $33 a day fee we paid at the hotel we stayed at in San Antonio over Easter weekend. It would be about $72 for our whole trip, and since we're going in September, it may be worth it.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

If you stay in a Pool View room, the walk to your car is about 5-8 minutes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: