Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
Haley
DIS Veteran

Would you choose AoA Suite or AKL??

Ok, so if they cost about the same and you were in my situation would you stay in an AoA family suite? Or room at AKL?

We are a party of 2 adults and 1 child age 2.5. I've stayed at both hotels before but not at AKL with a kid.

We originally thought AoA suite would be good so if dd goes to be at like 8/9pm we could go in the other room to watch tv and have snacks

But....I really like the deluxes better. Do you think dd will be so tired she'll zonk out when we get back to the room and we can still watch tv for a little bit? On our last trip we would stay out til 10ish and all just go to sleep when we got back to the suite or dd would fall asleep in the stroller towards the end of the night.

The pool is cool at AoA but we are going in Dec and probably won't use it. hmmm

What would you pick if you were us?
Disney Trips: Ft Wilderness '83, Ft. Wilderness '91, ASM July'96, Boardwalk/DCL Magic July '98, CBR/DCL Wonder '00, DCL Magic '03, CBR July '04, CBR May '05, AKL Oct '05, Poly Dec '06, DCL Wonder '06, Beach Club May '07, DCL Wonder '07, Pop/AKL Oct '08 Engaged, Ft. Wild. May 09, Poly Oct 09 Honeymoon!, DCL Magic Nov '09, Pop Oct '10, AoA/BCV Oct '12, Pop Century Dec '13!
Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
disneyhorselover
Rebel Spy

Based on what you wrote, I'd choose AKL. AoA is great too, but it sounds like you really don't need the space, and since you don't, and you prefer deluxes, I'd stick with that.

Have a great trip where ever you choose!

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

March 1996 (Swan),March 2008 (CBR), March 2009 (POP), May 2010 (Swan), January 2013 (AoA),
February 2014 (AS Sports and BWV)

October 2014 (POP) for the ToT 10 Miler!
January 2015 (AS Movies) for the Goofy Challenge!
disneyhorselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley View Post
Ok, so if they cost about the same and you were in my situation would you stay in an AoA family suite? Or room at AKL?

We are a party of 2 adults and 1 child age 2.5. I've stayed at both hotels before but not at AKL with a kid.

We originally thought AoA suite would be good so if dd goes to be at like 8/9pm we could go in the other room to watch tv and have snacks

But....I really like the deluxes better. Do you think dd will be so tired she'll zonk out when we get back to the room and we can still watch tv for a little bit? On our last trip we would stay out til 10ish and all just go to sleep when we got back to the suite or dd would fall asleep in the stroller towards the end of the night.

The pool is cool at AoA but we are going in Dec and probably won't use it. hmmm

What would you pick if you were us?
I also would choose AKL. We were considering a split stay next May at AoA & YC, but the price difference is very minimal. So, we decided YC for the entire stay.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: