Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran

Coronado or Caribbean? Undecided!

I need some DIS friendly advice. I am going to be in the World for a couple of nights in mid October. I wanted to stay somewhere new to me and I cannot decide between CSR and CBR. There is just a $6 price difference. I am traveling solo and will spend much of the time in the parks. I would not be doing much dining at the resort with F&W ongoing at EPCOT.
Any thoughts as to why I should chose one over the other?
Thanks,
Lori
1973 Disneyland Hotel;1985 WDW Grosvenor; 1988 same;1994 off-site; 1997 off-site; July 2008 POR; December 2008 Pop Century; January 2009 Contemporary, BCV; March 2009 Pop Century; May 2009 Grand California at DLR; September 2009 SSR; December 2009 Pop; May 2010 DL off site; July 2010 Disneyland Hotel; October 2010 Disneyland Hotel; January 2011 Saratoga Springs;May 2011 Disneyland off-site; October 2011 AKV Kidani; DLR OMDD Leap Day 2012; June 2012 BCV/Vero Beach; September 2012 All Star Sports; December 2012 Grand Floridian; DLR off site February 2013;DLR off site for Long Lost Friends week April 2013;DLR Paradise Pier Hotel July 2013; DLR off site November 2013;Aulani DVC January 2014; WDW OKW May 2014; WDW SSR VILLIANS UNLEASHED! Aug 2104;WDW October 2014; CBR/DCL December 2014
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
disd55
Mouseketeer

Well, None of those resorts are my cup of tea, but I have stayed at CSR. Great theme, and is a darling resort but it's just too darn big! And Caribbean is nearly twice the size so I can't imagine the size of the one! Good luck with the walking! CBR has 7 bus stops, CSR has 4? Or 3? Idr remember but it's not as many as CBR. They both have amazing pools. The food court was great at CSR. I think you should stay at CSR but make sure to request a preferred room!
disd55 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousegirl View Post
I need some DIS friendly advice. I am going to be in the World for a couple of nights in mid October. I wanted to stay somewhere new to me and I cannot decide between CSR and CBR. There is just a $6 price difference. I am traveling solo and will spend much of the time in the parks. I would not be doing much dining at the resort with F&W ongoing at EPCOT.
Thanks,
Lori
I have never stayed at either but I have always thought CBR was cool both would be great hotel just go with the one that fits your needs the best.

disney lover at heart

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Since you are traveling solo it might not be a factor, but CBR still has double beds while all other mods have queens. CBR is also currently undergoing a refurb. Not sure what their refurb schedule is like but you may be able to get a refurbished room when you go or you may be exposed to some construction around you... or both.

If the walking is discouraging, you can also book Preferred at either resort. CSR also has business class which guarantees you a room in Cabanas 9B which is one of the best locations. You also get access to a lounge which has breakfast items, snacks, and alcohol available for all business class guests.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Of those two I would choose CSR as a solo but my favorite moderate is POFQ for the easy access to the food court buses and downtown Disney especially during a solo trip.

However - for a F&W festival trip I can't help but ask if you have looked into the Dolphin ? I see rates from 190 to 209 for October at the Dolphin with the moderates running 209 to 241? You don't get DME or a dining plan but you get all the other extras of being onsite and you can walk to Epcot and DHS. You also get deluxe accommodations at Moderate prices.

eta - if you are a teacher or government employee or have spg or AAA the prices for the Dolphin are as low as 159 per night !

TJ

Last edited by tjmw2727; 05-15-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: new info
tjmw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both, would only consider returning to CBR, mainly due to the theming. We stayed in a Pirate room which was a distance from the main building, but was quiet. A bonus was the fact that for some reason, many times our section was the only one on the bus.

I will have to say the food at CSR was better, though.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
irishtigger
DIS Veteran

Coronado Springs is my pick

I have stayed at both and I would never stay at CBR again. It is too big for its own good it takes forever to get off the grounds to even head to the parks. If you don't stay in a preferred section you need to take a bus to get around just to much for me.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
maryj11
DIS Veteran

I have only stayed at CSR. I thought it was nice but didnt like the walk being so far from the food court. We were close to the pool which is what I requested. My legs seemed to not be able to handle the extra walk to get food and drinks So we took turns going to the food court at night when we wanted something. We went in September during low season and buses were super quick. I dont know maybe it is worse with higher crowds, but I was happy with the bus service. The grounds are beautiful and we enjoyed the pool and huge hot tub.
Some say that since it is a convention resort you may have a lot of business men and woman around. When we were there I only seen like 3 people dressed in suits. It didnt seem like much business going on to me
Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #9
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both.

CBR - I would only return here if I could get a preferred location plus a ground floor room. There are no elevators here.

CSR - We loved this resort, but here again, I would only stay here if I could have preferred which is Casitas 1, 2, or 3. They do have elevators here, except I seem to recall there's something different about building 2....maybe the elevator doesn't go clear to the top floor. My husband said the main pool here was warmer than any of the 3 disney resorts we have stayed at. The buses were great. Only 4 stops here. CSR seemed smaller than CBR which seemed huge. The beds were pretty nice at CSR too.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Is CBR really that much bigger than CSR? I have stayed at CBR but have only visited CSR and thought they looked about the same size?

We love CBR but I can't say if it is better or worse than CSR. I do wish CBR had queen size beds rather than full. But we just love the theme at CBR; the colorful buildings, white sand beaches, island feel... Food court is mediocre IMHO. We use our rental car so I cannot comment on transportation.

Good luck on your decision!
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #11
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousegirl View Post
Thanks,
Lori
We've never stayed at CSR, but we loved CBR. I would choose CBR not only because we've stayed there before and really liked the resort, but the theme/decor at CSR doesn't appeal to me at all.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #12
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at both and enjoyed both! You should be happy either way.

Both CSR and CBR have white sandy beaches and hammocks. One of my favorite photos at CSR was of my DD in one of the hammocks at CSR! So I always wonder why people only mention the beaches as CBR when they both have them.

Both have a tropical feel and beautiful flowers!

Right now the beds are big difference between the two until CBRs refurbishment is done

CSR had a larger pool for relaxing. CBR pool is great for little ones and seem more congested in areas due to the configuration of the pool itself

Both have quiet pools to enjoy

As someone else said my family preferred the food choices at CSR better. They have great dinner and lunch items that are only one CS credit if you are on dining plan

For adults they have the bar too that has a restaurant as well

Enjoy your trip whichever one you choose

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
mdsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #13
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

CBR would be my choice....we loved it there...
Old 05-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #14
3boys4me
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both. I would choose CSR over CBR. At the time when we were at CBR, our room was in desperate need of a refurb. I will say that the location of your room at either resort will make a huge difference. We were in Barbados (I think) at CBR and were so far away from the food court. I suppose it might not be a big deal to some, but just to go fill a mug or get a snack was a pain, especially with a little one, the walk would take forever. Just not worth the time it took. At CSR we were in the Casitas section and the location was great. The walk to the food court wasn't long and the bus stop was right there. I loved the rooms at CSR. Very relaxing colors. The grounds at CBR are beautiful. I would only stay there again if I was guaranteed a refurbished room in a preferred location and had our own car.

11/2004 All Star Movies
11/2005 POFQ
11/2008 Coronado Springs
11/2009 Coronado Springs
11/2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
03/2011 POP, 11/2011 POP
11/2012 AoA, 11/2013 POP
11/2014 ASSP
3boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #15
DisneyDreamMaker
Mouseketeer

We are in WDW now. We were debating between CBR & CSR. We have never stayed at either. In the end the kids picked CBR because of the pool. We absolutely LOVE it. I booked standard but we are staying in Martinique which is right next to the preferred section. Prob about a 5-7 min walk to food court. Though some of the rooms do seem far away. We have a rental car but took the bus to MK & it was fine. We waited 5 mins, not crowded at all. Also CBR is in the Epcot resort area so you are there pretty quickly. Whatever you choose I'm sure you will enjoy.

Melissa

Me: DH DS8 DS6
DisneyDreamMaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: