DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
collections
Earning My Ears

Best way to submit closing documemts?

I passed ROFR on 5/6. I'm anxiously awaiting my closing documents which I was told by Fidelity I should have by the end of last week.
Once I receive and complete them , I want to get them submitted along with payment, as soon as possible. Which next day delivery service is the most reliable and most reasonable priced? UPS, Fed-EX, or USPS?
collections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by collections View Post
I passed ROFR on 5/6. I'm anxiously awaiting my closing documents which I was told by Fidelity I should have by the end of last week.
Once I receive and complete them , I want to get them submitted along with payment, as soon as possible. Which next day delivery service is the most reliable and most reasonable priced? UPS, Fed-EX, or USPS?
I used FedEx for both of my contracts.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

Fed Ex

I used FedEx because they are more convenient for me than UPS.

I used Fed Ex Standard Overnight (next business afternoon).

I did not want to pay extra for FedEx Priority Overnight (next business morning)

I did not even check to see if FedEx First Overnight (earliest next business morning delivery to select locations) was available.

I got an e-mail at 10:00 am saying that my documents had been received. I was glad I hadn't paid extra for next business morning since my documents were received the next business morning anyway.

I used Timeshare Store, which works with Magic Vacation Title in Orlando.

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
lionqueen
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't waste your money on any overnight services. I did that 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the seller. I wanted things to go through as quickly as possible therefore the overnight shipping. It has now been 2 weeks and the seller still has not gotten their documents in yet. I contacted the closing company today and they said the seller would get their paperwork notarized tomorrow and we should be closed by the end of the week. I would just use the good old USPS!!
lionqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Spending the money to overnight the docs doesn't mean that you will be able to make a reservation any sooner. You are dealing with Fidelity, not known for their speedy service and you don't know the status of the seller.

The reality is that to you buying is a big deal, to everyone who needs to process your paperwork, Fidelity, the Title Company, Disney, and Orange County, you are just one of thousands and just another day at the office.

Relax, it will happen.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
collections
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Spending the money to overnight the docs doesn't mean that you will be able to make a reservation any sooner. You are dealing with Fidelity, not known for their speedy service and you don't know the status of the seller.

The reality is that to you buying is a big deal, to everyone who needs to process your paperwork, Fidelity, the Title Company, Disney, and Orange County, you are just one of thousands and just another day at the office.

Relax, it will happen.

Bill
Oh, I'm not sending them overnight because I think it will move the closing along. I'm leaving Wednesday for a week or so to attend my son's college graduation and help him move. Since I will be very busy with other things ,I don't want to have to think about whether my closing documents and payment were received, so I prefer to just over night them.

Thanks for the replies. If the documents get to me by Wednesday, I'll return them via Fed-Ex.
collections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Illini Al
Mouseketeer

USPS with Delivery Confirmation is a lot cheaper. I used Priority Mail, and was able to confirm the title company received the docs and payment. They got it in two days. Good luck!
Illini Al is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: