Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 05:54 AM   #46
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

What a shame that the weather was not quite up to scratch. I love the purple dress.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #47
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartWDW View Post
Wow! I didn't know you could get special Disney Chamillia beads on the cruise. Are they sold in the parks? I'm assuming its a special edition because I've never seen that when I look at the Chamillia Disney collection online. BTW, I'm really enjoying all of the pictures.
I've never looked for them in the parks, I'm sure someone on here would know, but there are 4 cruise beads, here's a pic I found on-line

Thank you, glad you're liking all the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
Just catching up with this Mandy, fab photos and have to agree AoA looks amazing.

Look forward to reading the rest
Thanks Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
What a shame that the weather was not quite up to scratch. I love the purple dress.

Corinna
Thanks Corinna

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #48
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

The chamilla beads are quite new I think if I remember rightly they came out in the last year because it was after our cruise and I think they are DCL exclusive.

Very chilled out day and lovely dress.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #49
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Ooh, I nearly missed this one and I love your TRs

Firstly, your nails look fab!

We are staying at AoA for a couple of nights in December, just to check out the resort - the Cars section looks amazing!

Lucky you, back to back on the Fantasy, I can't wait to get back on that ship

Hope you checked out Ooh La La
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #50
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

The charms are beautiful, and I love the one that you picked. So sad that you didn't find the real Leo but I know that you LOVED finding your Bahama Mama bartender.

I finally got started on my trip report too, although it's probably going to take me a while as I need to organize photos still etc.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #51
HeartWDW
Earning My Ears

http://www.chamilia.com/Mickey-Mouse...tKdn8Tza2APA==

Thanks for showing all of those Disney beads!! This is the one I bought online :-)
HeartWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #52
maryr1oz
Mouseketeer

Really enjoying your report - can't wait to read more about your trip

2012 - Disneyland Paris - Newport Bay Club - Better late than never? - 2009 - Disneyland - Desert Inn and Suites - 2007 - Disneyland - Anaheim Plaza Inn - 2005 - Disneyland - Super 8 on Katella - 1998 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
maryr1oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:34 AM   #53
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for all your lovely comments everyone

Old 05-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #54
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Monday 22nd April

I woke just after 8am, and checked the 'bridge view' on the TV and I could see glorious sunshine, so we got ready and by 9 we were heading up to deck 12, with just a quick stop at the Cove Cafe for a skinny latte for me and a croissant for Paul, and a quick chat with Billie too

It was lovely and sunny, though it was still very windy (which made the sunbathing more comfortable). I caught up on my trip report and read and we lasted out till gone 11

We went back to our room to get changed for our Palo Brunch reservation at 12, and after a brief wait in the Meridian Lounge we were shown to our table by the window. Our server today was Olivera from Bosnia and after introducing herself and taking our order of water and Mimosas, she showed us to the tables of delicious food. First we saw the pizzas, then the breakfast items, seafood, cheeses, mains, egg dishes and finally the most important table, the desserts

We were given a plate and I filled it with all my favourite food, this is probably my absolute favourite meal onboard

Then our egg dishes came out, I had Eggs Florentine and Paul had Eggs Julia, then Olivera brought out a dish of Lasagna to share. It was all very nice, but the Lasagna was delish, in fact so nice, Paul then ordered it as his main dish while I had the Beef Tenderloin which was a perfect size after eating all the other food

After our mains, Paul had a pot of tea, then we went up to get our desserts, and as ever the Tiramisu was divine

We enjoyed a leisurely hour and a half there, the food was delicious and our server was lovely too, we never once felt rushed

Cont'd ...

Old 05-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #55
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

We returned to our room to get changed and chilled for a while till our Mixology class at 3pm

Our Mixology class had been arranged by Emily from our Facebook group and when it was announced, it filled up very quickly. It was held in the Skyline Lounge, and after a couple of laps around deck 4 to try and walk off some of our Brunch, we headed to our class

The Mixology Class had been very popular (thank you Emily for organising it), and when we got there we sat with Emily and her hubby Scott

Damion was hosting this class, and I knew it was going to be fun once I saw all the glasses lined up and looking inviting

Groups of 4 or 5 of us took turns making different cocktails. First up was a Raspberry Mojito, I wasn't looking forward to this one as I find the mint very off putting, but it turned out to be very refreshing.

Next up was a Sea Breeze which was a Malibu based cocktail, it was very nice

Next, I volunteered to be in the group to make the Champagne cocktail, well it was Prosecco actually, but it made a good Kir Royale

The next group made a Martini cocktail, this one was a good one too, and looked cool with all its layers

Then we finished off with Paul joining the group to make a shot cocktail

As we had already had a couple of Mimosa's that lunch time, these cocktails really went to my head it was a great way to spend an hour or so on a sea day, and afterwards we sat with a few of our group just chatting. I would definitely do this again, and it was fun to do it with people we had been chatting to over the last few months

We returned to our room to change back into our swimwear, and we sat out in the sun for a little while, though it was still very windy

We returned to our room to chill, get showered and get ready for dinner which tonight was in Animator's Palette. Tonight was the Crush Show. It was lots of fun as Crush interacted with the kids in the dining room

For starter I had the sweet potato soup and Paul had the baked potato soup, for our mains I had the lemon thyme chicken and Paul had beef, to finish off I had cookies & cream sundae and Paul had apple pie with ice cream from the kids menu, (lol), it was all very nice and washed down with a couple of Bahama Mama's

We were shattered tonight, so once dinner was over we headed back to our room and bed

Tomorrow ~ St. Thomas

Old 05-12-2013, 02:02 AM   #56
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Wonderful trip so far, megan bought the same bead when we were on the dream, wish I'd got one too. I love you dresses
Old 05-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #57
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Brunch at Palo looked delicious. The Lasagne looked great. I wonder if they have introduced a few new brunch dishes on the Wonder, too. The Mixology class looked amazing.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #58
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Great update Mandy. I am in the process of trying to arrange a private mixology class for our cruise so was glad to see that it looked like great fun - and plenty of alcohol All of the drinks look (and sound) lovely.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #59
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Palo brunch looks amazing!

Isn't the mixology class fun? One of my fave things on The Fantasy
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #60
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Great day. I LOVE Palo brunch one of the things I look forward to most. Your mixology class looks like loads of fun, i'll def be booking one of those in future.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: