Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #16
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenf67 View Post
Great start! Looking forts to your TR we are on the Fantasy in November!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Looking forward to this Mandy. I am so excited to be sailing on the Fantasy in a few months.
Ooh, you're all so lucky, you're going to love the Fantasy

Joh, is it just you and Garry going, or are the kids joining you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Just checking in. I have to read the bulk of this when I come back from my holiday. You had a very busy first day. I can't believe that you stayed awake long enough to do all the shopping and watch Wishes.

Corinna
You must be so excited Corinna, have you done a pre-trippy ? I look forward to reading about your trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Stringer View Post
Oh Mandy - you kept this one quiet. Looking forward to reading all about your BTB cruise - lucky you

Tam
LOL, you know me Tam, I'm the weird one who doesn't like to broadcast that I'm leaving the girls home alone (even though they're old enough to have their own homes )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Great start! A cheeky bucks fizz with breakfast and ending the day with Wishes, sounds perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
Yay you've started , looking forward to hearing all about back to back cruise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
Great start to your trip. Looking forward to reading all about your cruises
Quote:
Originally Posted by westgrove View Post
I love the ribbon detail on your luggage!
I really enjoyed reading your last TR and look forward to the rest of this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte Lover View Post
Lovely start Mandy. Looking forward to reading about your two cruises.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
Great start hun. You did well, we usually check in, eat and pass out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
Great start Mandy! Looking forward to more.
Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida sun View Post
Fab start hon, cant wait for more, Im ready when you are
OK, OK, I'll get on with another day, I guess the ironing can wait

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #17
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Friday 19th April

Like clockwork and as happens every holiday on the first morning, I was awake at 5am, I managed to doze off for another couple of hours and got up at 7.15. I got showered, changed and chatted to the girls on WhatsApp and we left at 8.30 for Disney Hollywood Studios. It was a lovely morning and it was due to reach a high of 88F (yay!!)

We had to buy 2 single day park hopper passes first, then we were able to enter the park. First stop was a Fastpass for Tower of Terror, then we joined the line for RockNRollerCoaster. Once we had checked out Steven Tyler's new hat, we rode the ride again. Next we rode Tower of Terror (love this ride), then we rode it again with our FP's. We had some fruit cups and orange juice to tie us over till lunch and then rode Star Tours

As we had a very busy day ahead of us, we exited the park via the shops, got back in the car and set off for the Mall at Millenia. First stop was lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, we ate here for the first time on our last trip and absolutely loved it. This time I didn't make the mistake of ordering their mahoosive main version of their Shepherd's Pie, instead we started by sharing some Buffalo Wings, we both had the lunch size Shepherd's Pie, and we finished off by sharing a Key Lime & Mango Cheesecake, all washed down with several diet cokes, it was all delicious, and I think it roughly came to $70 including a tip, this place has definitely become a firm favourite of ours and we will be back again

We had a good look around the shops, though didn't buy anything, then we called into Best Buys, sadly we had to give the Krispy Kreme shop a miss as we were so full and still had a reservation at Tutto Italia that evening

We next drove down to the Florida Mall where I bought a t-shirt then we headed back to the room. We were still stuffed from our delish lunch, and we knew we wouldn't be able to give a meal at Tutto Italia justice, so we cancelled our reservation, and after chatting with the girls back home, we caught the bus to Epcot

Cont'd ...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #18
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

The Flower & Garden Festival was on, so we wandered around taking photos of the fab topiaries, then we headed for World Showcase

Due to our lack of time in WDW, my only 'must do' this trip was to try a Spiced Rum Dole Whip at the F&G Festival, and I must say, it didn't disappoint

Next stop was the UK, where we had a couple of lagers and ciders and sat on the steps watching the British Revolution

We continued round World Showcase, which was really busy, due we think to the Village People performing in the US pavilion. We next stopped in Italy where I enjoyed a couple of Rosa Regales, and Paul had some Moretti's. We could hear the concert and the Village People were going to end with YMCA, so I wandered up to take a pic and take part

Cont'd ...

Old 05-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #19
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

At the entrance to World Showcase there was a cool topiary of Monsters Inc, and Paul wanted to take some photos of IllumiNations from there, as ever I enjoyed my favourite firework show at WDW, and as it finished we quickly exited the park

As we really wanted to see the Cars area at the Art of Animation Resort, we caught the bus there and had a good look round, it looked amazing, what great theming, any Cars fan (like Paul) would love to stay there

We then crossed the bridge over to the Pop Century and enjoyed a couple of Captain Mai Tais and shared some chicken and pasta before heading to bed

Tomorrow ~ Disney Fantasy Baby!!!

Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #20
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post

OK, OK, I'll get on with another day, I guess the ironing can wait
Ironing can always wait!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #21
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Great illuminations photos. Cruise time baby!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #22
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

The cars area looks great. May head over to have a look on our next trip

Cant wait to read all about the Fantasy
Old 05-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #23
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

Great day, I would have loved to have seen the village people

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #24
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Another great update Mandy. The Monsters Inc topiary is really great - in fact, they are all amazing.

Thanks for the pictures from AoA as well. We are thinking of heading over there to have a nosey in November, if we get time.

Our trip this year is me, Gary, Daniel and Sian - I am so pleased she has decided to come with us this year. She is really looking forward to the cruise.

Can't wait for the cruise part of your trippy. Do you prefer the Fantasy to the smaller ships?
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #25
Latte Lover
in charge of the credit cards and plotting quickest routes to the shopping malls

What a lovely day, Mandy. We absolutely love The Cheesecake Factory, and your had one of our favourites - the shepherd's pie. Even the smaller lunchtime portion is huge, isn't it?

1975 Royal Plaza 1997 Master's Inn Kissimee 1999 Clarion Universal 2001 Howard Johnson Maingate East 2003 Econolodge 2005 Howard Johnson Maingate West 2006 Our Timeshare at Sheraton Vistana Resort 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 Sheraton Vistana(May), Terrace Ridge (Aug)Nov 2009 Barefoot'n' in the keys, Kissimmee2010 Cumbrian LakesOct 2011 Sheraton & Disney MagicNov 2012 Florida Keys, The Sheraton, and OKW
Latte Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #26
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

I'm on board (excuse the pun! )...

As soon as my baba was in bed I was on this laptop to read I love a good Mandy trippie!

And I love the look of AoA! Wow! I may have to persuade the troops we need to stay there next trip...The Little Mermaid area appeals to me...for my little Princess of course *cough, cough*

Great start Mand, loved reading. Looking forward to more!
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #27
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post
You must be so excited Corinna, have you done a pre-trippy ? I look forward to reading about your trip
Yes, definitely excited. This time next week I should hopefully be in Atlanta waiting on my flight to Los Angeles. There is no pre-trippy. I have to say I was tempted as I have acute trip report withdrawal symptoms, but I have been silly busy recently.

You had another very busy day. I love the perspective of Illuminations against the backdrop of the Monsters University topiaries. Art of Animation looks amazing. This Spiced Rum Dole Whip sounds delicious.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #28
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Ironing can always wait!

Quote:
Great illuminations photos. Cruise time baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
The cars area looks great. May head over to have a look on our next trip

Cant wait to read all about the Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
Great day, I would have loved to have seen the village people
Thanks guys Rachel, I was most excited to see the Village People, sad eh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Another great update Mandy. The Monsters Inc topiary is really great - in fact, they are all amazing.

Thanks for the pictures from AoA as well. We are thinking of heading over there to have a nosey in November, if we get time.

Our trip this year is me, Gary, Daniel and Sian - I am so pleased she has decided to come with us this year. She is really looking forward to the cruise.

Can't wait for the cruise part of your trippy. Do you prefer the Fantasy to the smaller ships?
How exciting Joh, it's lovely that Sian wants to come away with you all

The Fantasy is my favourite ship, but I must admit that I kept reminiscing about the Magic when we were onboard. To be honest I would be happy to sail on any of the ships, it would be the itinerary that would be the most important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte Lover View Post
What a lovely day, Mandy. We absolutely love The Cheesecake Factory, and your had one of our favourites - the shepherd's pie. Even the smaller lunchtime portion is huge, isn't it?
Yes the Shepherd's Pie is amazing Theresa, and Paul ordered extra fries thinking that the lunch time portion would be small, he hardly touched them, it was probably what we would call a normal dinner size to us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984 View Post
I'm on board (excuse the pun! )...

As soon as my baba was in bed I was on this laptop to read I love a good Mandy trippie!

And I love the look of AoA! Wow! I may have to persuade the troops we need to stay there next trip...The Little Mermaid area appeals to me...for my little Princess of course *cough, cough*

Great start Mand, loved reading. Looking forward to more!
LOL, don't blame Samantha Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Yes, definitely excited. This time next week I should hopefully be in Atlanta waiting on my flight to Los Angeles. There is no pre-trippy. I have to say I was tempted as I have acute trip report withdrawal symptoms, but I have been silly busy recently.

You had another very busy day. I love the perspective of Illuminations against the backdrop of the Monsters University topiaries. Art of Animation looks amazing. This Spiced Rum Dole Whip sounds delicious.

Corinna
Yes the Spiced Rum Dole Whip was very nice, wish I'd had time for another one (or two)

Old 05-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #29
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Saturday 20th April

Yay, it's Cruise Day!!!!!!!

I was up around 6.30am and once showered and changed, we packed up the few things we had unpacked. We left the Pop Century around 7.45 and headed for Port Canaveral. The hour journey was uneventful and it wasn't long before we could see the red funnels of the Disney Fantasy in the distance. We carried on towards Cocoa Beach, saw where we needed to return our rental car (Enterprise), and stopped at McDonalds for sausage & egg McMuffins. Next we had a mooch around Ron Jon's where I bought a couple of tops and Paul got a shirt and baseball cap

Once we were shopped out we popped back to Fishlips near the port to take a couple of photos, then dropped the car back at Enterprise

The people at Enterprise told us that the shuttle bus was unable to take us to the port for half an hour as there had been a security alert and DCL weren't allowing anyone to offload (not sure that was true, more likely they were running late, as there was no mention of it when we got there). Thankfully the half hour didn't drag and it wasn't long before we were on the bus heading to our ship

We arrived at the port around 10.50am, and over the next half an hour everything happened so quickly that I didn't have time to take it all in. We handed our luggage over to the porters and once we had shown our ID at the entrance to the terminal we were guided up the escalators to the security up there. Once through security we noticed that the terminal was already very busy, we looked for the non-US check-in line which was no longer there. We joined the main line which moved very quickly and within 5 minutes we were being checked in. As we are Platinum Castaway Club members we were given boarding number 1 (yay!!), and within minutes of receiving our Room Keys our number was called. I was in a bit of a flap as we hadn't had time to take any of the usual photos in the terminal or on the balcony, though Paul reminded me that we could do it next week when we re-boarded for the 2nd leg of our back-to-back cruises

Within no time we were boarding the ship and it was announced 'welcome aboard the Martindale family', yay ! we were home

Now when we had got up this morning it had been raining during the night and although it was looking brighter in Orlando, by the time we had got to Port Canaveral it had become more and more cloudy and windy, and sadly that was how the day was to remain.

Our usual first hour of lunch followed by cocktails while sunbathing was replaced with lunch (which consisted of a plate of everything for Paul from Cabanas and I had some tuna wraps and fruit from Flo's Cafe) and having a few drinkies in La Piazza and Bon Voyage.

On our way to La Piazza we found Donald Duck on his own, who was happy to have a few photos taken with us, and at one time helped me with my case

Bahama Mama Time !!

It was approaching 1.30 and the staterooms would be ready, so we headed to our room (# 8589, an inside stateroom with a virtual pothole) and we were pleased to see that 2 of our suitcases had already arrived too

Cont'd ...

Old 05-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #30
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Oh Mandy I'm sooooooo jealous

Can't wait to read more

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: