Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
swimrider
Earning My Ears

Celebrating 26th bday!

So I'm going to be in Disney the end of may celebrating my 26th birthday. It was kind of a last minute decision. I will actually be by myself most of the trip since my brother works down there and will be working. I know reservations will be hard to find but can anyone suggest some good places to eat and celebrate.

Thanks
swimrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimrider View Post
So I'm going to be in Disney the end of may celebrating my 26th birthday. It was kind of a last minute decision. I will actually be by myself most of the trip since my brother works down there and will be working. I know reservations will be hard to find but can anyone suggest some good places to eat and celebrate.

Thanks
Flying Fish and Jiko would both be great! And if you have to eat alone they both have a really cool chefs counter you can sit at
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Raglan Road in Downtown Disney is always a must for us and we NEVER have trouble getting reservations. Even last minute ones. Plus, if you sit front and center you can watch the Irish Dancers!

Absolutely everything we have had there, including dessert is outstanding. And not too pricey!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Roxychica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
JZCubed
DIS Veteran

Swan & Dolphin gives you great choices for cocktails and fish at BlueZoo, steaks at Shula's, Italian at Il Mulino, and Japanese sushi at Kimono's.

Since they are not part of Disney Dining, reservations are easier last minute.

Enjoy!!

Akershus (3.0-stars* Food; 5* princess interaction). blueZoo (4.5* - Best (Sea) Food w/o jacket required), Boma (4.0* buffet breakfast*), Bongo's (3*), California Grill (3.5*food; 5*- Best View), Cape May Cafe (4* charcter breakfast w/ Goofy), Captain's Grille (2*), Chef Mickey's (2* food; 5* characters), Cinderella's Royal Table (2.5* food; 4* characters), Citrico's (3.5*), Coral Reef (3.5* food; 4.5* for the view), Crystal Palace (2*), 50's Prime Time Cafe (2.5*), Flying Fish (3.5*), Grand Floridian Cafe (3*), Hollywood Brown Derby (3*), House of Blues (3.5* - BBQ), Il Mulino (4*), Jiko (3.5*), Kouzinna (3.5* dinner; 4* breakfast), Le Cellier (3.5*), Les Chefs de France (3*), Marrakesh (3* - bit noisy; 4* belly dancers), Narcoossee's (3.5*), Rainforest Cafe (2*), Rose & Crown (2.5*), Sanaa (4.0*), Sci-Fi Theatre (2.5*), Shula's Steakhouse (4*), Sleepy Hollow (4* Qwik Serve chicken waffles & coffee drinks), Tamu Tamu (4* - Qwik Serve Hidden Gem) Victoria & Albert (5*- Best Service/Tasting Menu), Wave (3*), Yak & Yeti (1*)

On my 'to dine' list: Artist Point (Nov, 2014), Monsieur Paul (2015?), Ohana (2015?), Yachtman's Steakhouse (2015), & Spice Road (2015?).
JZCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
btk2333
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimrider View Post

Thanks
I'm celebrating my 26th birthday at WDW in June! While my favorite place for a birthday dinner would be California Grill, it won't be open. I am celebrating my birthday at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. I've eaten there before and the steak is fantastic. Blue Zoo would be another good choice if you're a seafood fan. If you're looking for something cheaper, I enjoy Rose and Crown as well at EPCOT.

Enjoy your trip!!
btk2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

Jiko is my favourite place to eat at Disney; the food is great and it makes for a wonderful place to celebrate. I've never eaten at the Chef's counter there, but I bet it's awesome!

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
swimrider
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to try jiko out one night.
swimrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFANCBIIIME View Post
Flying Fish and Jiko would both be great! And if you have to eat alone they both have a really cool chefs counter you can sit at
This was going to be my exact recommendation. A chef's counter is perfect for celebrating a birthday, especially if you're solo.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #9
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Raglan Road in Downtown Disney is always a must for us and we NEVER have trouble getting reservations. Even last minute ones. Plus, if you sit front and center you can watch the Irish Dancers!

Absolutely everything we have had there, including dessert is outstanding. And not too pricey!
I agree, this would be my pick too! And Happy Birthday

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: