Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #16
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post
Ok, maybe I'm just stupid, but the Magic is a smaller ship, so obviously holds less people...but that means the dining rooms and everything else is still designed for the maximum potential number of guests, right? So if she's full, how does she not feel crowded? I really don't get it.
The dining rooms are huge and loud. The tables are close together. Yes, they can fit the people but you do feel it when the ship is full or bear capacity. This is a non-issue on the Classics IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
lborne
It all started with a rabbit

Size does matter. We always pick the smaller ship. I can't explain it, but we've been on cruise ships with capacities of 300 to 5000 and even though the 5000 ones have just as much space per person, it always seems on the larger ships like you are on a subway at 5:00pm on a Friday.

Also, on ships with fewer people, you tend to run into people you meet more often and then get to know them better. On large ships, we can go an entire week and never see the same person twice, excepting my family, of course. Hmmmm, maybe next time I'll go on the Magic and put them on the Dream.
lborne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #18
2MouseEars
Earning My Ears

We are taking our first cruise in Feb '14. Trying to decide between Magic and Dream. It will save us enough money to go with the Magic and get to go to WDW for 2 days. We just don't want to be disappointed if this ship doesn't have as much to offer. It's just my husband and I. Anyone know if staterooms are being redesigned like the dream? Especially the magic porthole?
2MouseEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #19
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post
(I know I'm in the minority, but I cannot stand Brazilian ANYTHING).
I truly hope you don't include people in that "Anything". No, I am not Brazilian, but can't fathom not liking "ANYTHING" about a place. I can't even fathom knowing everything about a place, which is needed to form an opinion about "anything".

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (7/2014 AKV) (2/2015 AKL/5 night Wonder*Miami*) (1/2015 AKV/BLT)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:37 AM   #20
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MouseEars View Post
Anyone know if staterooms are being redesigned like the dream? Especially the magic porthole?
Redesigned in that they will get the new beds and linens, yes. The staterooms on the Magic already have a little more space across the board than the Dream.

No magic portholes will be added. I think the explanation was they are cost prohibitive to retrofit.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #21
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MouseEars
We are taking our first cruise in Feb '14. Trying to decide between Magic and Dream. It will save us enough money to go with the Magic and get to go to WDW for 2 days. We just don't want to be disappointed if this ship doesn't have as much to offer. It's just my husband and I. Anyone know if staterooms are being redesigned like the dream? Especially the magic porthole?
Hmm. We don't have any kids either. I think the updated Magic would prob entertain my honey enough as long as it has water slides and movie theaters. I think he wouldn't have liked it as much as Dream prior to updates tho. He loved movies on demand and mid ship detectives. He always needs to be doing something.

But in comparing your savings to each other, are you paying less because you are going out of Miami or do they both go out of PC? I think by then they both may be going out of PC? Because I wouldn't give up WDW. If that is the determining factor and you get Disneyworld and newer Magic, that will prob honestly be a really great trip anyway. Just not crazy bout going out of Miami but not ruling it out either. My hun really liked the dream tho but we only got 3 days! I think he would be happy as long as we had castaway and prob a veranda...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #22
junkqueen
Earning My Ears

Had to move a 4 day on the Dream this October due to a conflict and moved it to a 4 day in Jan on the Magic. No brainer! Only have been on the Magic and loved it. Not a crowd person and was not looking forward to the larger ship. The new refurb this Fall made it a win-win. Will try the Dream or Fantasy one day, but not now.

Caryn

WDW: POFQ '12, CBR '11, WL '10, PR '94 & '89, CR '72
Disney Magic: 11 Day Christmas 2010
junkqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #23
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

I just wish the Magic was doing a different cruise than the 3 + 4 day Bahama cruises... The wife is demanding a longer cruise this year (7 day), and I don't fancy the idea of B2B... But this thread is really selling me on the magic. I probably most like the idea of diminished crowds on CC.
the_bUg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #24
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

I would say if it is your first cruise then switch to the Magic. You will be saving money and the Magic is amazing. It was my first ship and I love it , plus it will be newly updated. I had to decide the same thing because we booked the Dream for Mar 2014 and the Magic is about 700 cheaper. We decided to keep the Dream because we are already booked on the Magic Nov 13 and we have never been on the bigger ships so we really want to try them, otherwise I totally would of switched to the cheaper cruise!

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #25
2MouseEars
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post

Hmm. We don't have any kids either. I think the updated Magic would prob entertain my honey enough as long as it has water slides and movie theaters. I think he wouldn't have liked it as much as Dream prior to updates tho. He loved movies on demand and mid ship detectives. He always needs to be doing something.

But in comparing your savings to each other, are you paying less because you are going out of Miami or do they both go out of PC? I think by then they both may be going out of PC? Because I wouldn't give up WDW. If that is the determining factor and you get Disneyworld and newer Magic, that will prob honestly be a really great trip anyway. Just not crazy bout going out of Miami but not ruling it out either. My hun really liked the dream tho but we only got 3 days! I think he would be happy as long as we had castaway and prob a veranda...
Thanks for your reply. We are going out of PC. Bummer on the portholes, but the roomier staterooms would be nice. Another question... Is the pirate party/show the same on both ships? Does Jack Sparrow make an appearance on both I should say?
2MouseEars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream, magic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: