Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
meagarunt22
Earning My Ears

Can I cancel & rebook for free DDP???

I have a moderate resort with DDP already reserved but I just saw that the free DDP for card holders is out. So I got on the Visa site and got a Disney card. When I get it I can call and cancel my current reservation and get a new one with the promo right?
meagarunt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagarunt22 View Post
I have a moderate resort with DDP already reserved but I just saw that the free DDP for card holders is out. So I got on the Visa site and got a Disney card. When I get it I can call and cancel my current reservation and get a new one with the promo right?
There is no need to cancel and rebook since you already have a package with the DDP booked. As long as the resort/room type you currently have booked is available under the FD promo, your reservation can simply be modified to reflect free dining. Sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort and/or room type to take advantage of a discount as having a reservation already in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied, but in your case, there's no need to cancel and rebook. Cancelling and rebooking is required when going from one reservation type to the other (i.e., package to room only or room only to package).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you have a package, all you have to do is call and ask to apply the promotion. If the resort and room type you booked is not available for the promotion, you'll have to switch resorts or room types, and they'll help you do that. As an example, Little Mermaid rooms at AoA are exempted from free dining, so if you booked a room there and would rather have the dining than the resort, they'd help you switch to, say, Pop Century.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagarunt22 View Post
There was really no reason to rush out and get the DV, this exact same promo will drop tomorrow for the general public. Just call and ask them to add the FD discount to your existing reservation. Some rooms categories and resorts will sell out faster than others, so have a back up choice when you call. It's easy and painless :-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: