Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
Shaft41
Earning My Ears

Booking question. Opinions appreciated.

We were not planning on doing a trip this summer, but, of course, the bug has bitten us again and we are debating whether we can do it. The best flight deals from our area are for arrival on June 11. The current % off promotion begins with stays starting June 13.

I assume I could book separate reservations, one for 6/11 through 6/13 and then another starting on the 13th to take advantage of the discount. Since we are flying in, we are not going to rent a car, so the first 2 nights would need to be on Disney property as well to take advantage of ME.

Does this sound feasible? Also, we have never done a split stay at 2 different resorts, but this might be an opportunity for that. We have 5 kids between ages 5-10, so we might be doing 2 rooms anyway. Would this just be a colossal pain, switching resorts and such? I'm just frustrated because the flights coming in a week later went way up in price today before we'd decided whether we are going to go or not. So, if we're going to do it, I figure I should jump on these flights now, but I need to figure out how to reconcile it with the dates of the % off deal. Thanks for all input.
Shaft41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
tmbacon
Mouseketeer

I think you should try a split stay. Stay the first 2 nights at a Value and then go to Moderate or Deluxe for the remainder of your time at WDW. I actually prefer vacations with split stay - it changes things up and our kids really enjoy the new experiences!!
Disney resorts: Animal Kingdom, Grand Floridian, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Port Orleans French Quarter (twice), Pop Century, Coronado Springs, Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, and a few off-site hotels too.
Did our FIRST Disney Cruise Spring Break 2010.

tmbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

You could always make two reservations at the same resort and explain your situation at check-in. Usually Disney will try to help you if you want to keep the same room(s) but they don't guarantee anything in advance. However I'm a big proponent of split stays if it comes to that.
CoolPool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
You could always make two reservations at the same resort and explain your situation at check-in. Usually Disney will try to help you if you want to keep the same room(s) but they don't guarantee anything in advance. However I'm a big proponent of split stays if it comes to that.
I agree here.

My DH is not a fan of split stays so when we were faced with having to do one last year, we booked them at the same resort, linked the two reservations and explained that we really didn't want to switch rooms if we didn't have to. When it came time for the switch, we were lucky and were able to keep the same room.

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: