Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

Dumbo & Glass Slipper ?

I know there are alot of "un-certains" here, but had a couple questions. I'm trying to gauge how quickly I need to register.

Dumbo Double Dare- didnt this sell out in like 3 hours when registration opened? How long after the Double Dare part of it did just the 1/2 sell out?

I'm wanting to do the Glass Slipper and will register the day of, and as soon as it opens. BUT I'm trying to talk someone into going with me and they would only being doing the 1/2,not the 10k before. Just wasnt sure if the Princess is expected to sell out right away as I'm sure the Glass Slipper will....

Hope this makes sense? Just trying to gauge what happened with Dumbo & just the DL 1/2 sell out times.... thanks!!
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappyfamily View Post
I know there are alot of "un-certains" here, but had a couple questions. I'm trying to gauge how quickly I need to register.

Dumbo Double Dare- didnt this sell out in like 3 hours when registration opened? How long after the Double Dare part of it did just the 1/2 sell out?

I'm wanting to do the Glass Slipper and will register the day of, and as soon as it opens. BUT I'm trying to talk someone into going with me and they would only being doing the 1/2,not the 10k before. Just wasnt sure if the Princess is expected to sell out right away as I'm sure the Glass Slipper will....

Hope this makes sense? Just trying to gauge what happened with Dumbo & just the DL 1/2 sell out times.... thanks!!
I would plan on entering the Slipper the day entries open, or before is you have a Disney Chase Card, DVC ownership or AP. I would enter the 10k on the first day as well as I would expect a sellout of it just as quickly. More than likely, the 10k will be the entry limiter for the slipper. For the half, I would expect it to sell out much more slowly, but earlier than historic dates due to the quick sell of the Slipper entry spots.

Hope this helps
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Agree that the slipper and 10K will sell out quickly (day of). The half isn't an anniversary or inaugural race, so I'd be surprised of it sold out as quickly.

I think it's hard to compare WDW and DL races. DL half marathons always seem to sell out more quickly because there are fewer of them...so fewer chances to get a C2C medal.
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

I think I will just plan on both of us signing up the first day. Might as well, I would be stressed and wondering everyday anyway.... thanks for the input!
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Part of the reason DDD sold out so quick was because so many people pre-registered, plus DL holds about 10,000 runners less than WDW , and it was the last chance this year for C2C. Run-Disney learned their lesson quick and set a cap for the number of people would could pre-register for Dopey and marathon weekend events. Dopey and the 10K still sold out the first day. I would expect the same with the Glass Slipper Challenge and I will be registering with a DVC link if they have one.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Question

When and where is the Glass Slipper? Not listed under run Disney events?

TIA Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
dlbwright
DIS Veteran

Linda - The Glass Slipper Challenge is the Princess 1/2 and a 10K that has been added to the weekend. There is more info here: http://www.rundisney.com/blog/articl...s-and-a-pixie/
Old 05-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #8
swimfly
Mouseketeer

DDD actually sold out during pre-registration. DL opened up additional spots which is why DDD sold out withint hours and Disney now has a pre-registration limit. This is per a CM I met during the CC 5k on my Dream cruise in April.
swimfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: