Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Rewards Programs
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
meelee514
Mouseketeer

Disney Visa Points Question

I have a quick question. My husband and I just received our Disney Visa cards and are looking to acquire some points before our upcoming vacation. We only have one other credit card for regular rewards points and pay that off each month before it is due. My question is, instead of paying off that balance, could we pay that balance with the Disney Visa for the points and then just pay off the Visa once that payment shows up on the account?

I wasn't sure if we would get points for it not being an actual "purchase." If it won't, I'm not going to waste any time and just pay off that other card's balance instead of playing musical credit cards.
2003 Port Orleans * 2004 Hard Rock Hotel * 2006 Caribbean Beach * 2007 Caribbean Beach * 2008 Caribbean Beach * 2009 All Star Sports * Epcot Daytrip * 2012 Carribbean Beach Honeymoon * 2013 Treehouse Villas
meelee514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meelee514 View Post
I have a quick question. My husband and I just received our Disney Visa cards and are looking to acquire some points before our upcoming vacation. We only have one other credit card for regular rewards points and pay that off each month before it is due. My question is, instead of paying off that balance, could we pay that balance with the Disney Visa for the points and then just pay off the Visa once that payment shows up on the account?

I wasn't sure if we would get points for it not being an actual "purchase." If it won't, I'm not going to waste any time and just pay off that other card's balance instead of playing musical credit cards.
My guess is no. Does the credit card that you wish to pay off even allow you to pay it off with credit? I know that balance transfers do not earn rewards. It says that on the rewards site.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
ALD85
DIS Veteran

I just got my Disney visa rewards guide in the mail today and no, you don't acquire points with balance transfers or cash advances.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: