DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
moreisgood
Falling in love
 
moreisgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philly suburbs
Posts: 164

Purchasing 2 contracts for the same resort same use year - making reservations

If I have 2 contracts, same resort, same use year, how does that affect me when I make reservations? Will they all be lumped into one category in the account? If I need points from both, to make one reservation, will I have to have the reservations "linked" by Disney?

And if I have a 3rd contract, same use year, different resort, and I need to add some points from that to a reservation for the first resort, does that count as a transfer? Or are transfers only between different use year?
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisgood View Post
If I have 2 contracts, same resort, same use year, how does that affect me when I make reservations? Will they all be lumped into one category in the account? If I need points from both, to make one reservation, will I have to have the reservations "linked" by Disney?

And if I have a 3rd contract, same use year, different resort, and I need to add some points from that to a reservation for the first resort, does that count as a transfer? Or are transfers only between different use year?
If they are both titled the same, they can be made into one contract when they are purchased. But if you didn't do that then, you can't do that now.

If they are two separate contract master numbers (12345.000 and 23456.000 instead of 12345.000 and 12345.001), you cannot combine them to make a single night without transferring them.

Transfer count if they are between different master contracts. If you have add-ons, you don't have different contracts.

You can make separate reservations for separate nights and ask that them be linked. But you will still have to check out and check in again. I have to do that every trip and it can be a pain.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
moreisgood
Falling in love
 
moreisgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philly suburbs
Posts: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If they are both titled the same, they can be made into one contract when they are purchased. But if you didn't do that then, you can't do that now.

If they are two separate contract master numbers (12345.000 and 23456.000 instead of 12345.000 and 12345.001), you cannot combine them to make a single night without transferring them.

Transfer count if they are between different master contracts. If you have add-ons, you don't have different contracts.

You can make separate reservations for separate nights and ask that them be linked. But you will still have to check out and check in again. I have to do that every trip and it can be a pain.
When you say check in and out again, do you mean - pack up all your stuff and actually leave for 6 hours? Or just a visit to the front desk?
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisgood View Post
When you say check in and out again, do you mean - pack up all your stuff and actually leave for 6 hours? Or just a visit to the front desk?
If they are linked, you should be able to just go down and get new keys. And if you have the dining plan, it will end at midnight of the day of your checkout for that stay.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
moreisgood
Falling in love
 
moreisgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philly suburbs
Posts: 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If they are linked, you should be able to just go down and get new keys. And if you have the dining plan, it will end at midnight of the day of your checkout for that stay.
New keys are pretty doable. Once I bought a Tables in Wonderland card, that was the end of dining plans for me!

Thank you!
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If they are linked, you should be able to just go down and get new keys. And if you have the dining plan, it will end at midnight of the day of your checkout for that stay.
The new RFID locks do not require new keys, the Front Desk just sends a signal to the locks via WiFi.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz

The new RFID locks do not require new keys, the Front Desk just sends a signal to the locks via WiFi.

Bill
Actually, I'm on a linked reservation now and was given new keys to the same villa at BLT.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14 Past TR: 5/14, 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Actually, I'm on a linked reservation now and was given new keys to the same villa at BLT.
Typical, I was told at BWV last week that new keys are not necessary. We switched rooms and kept the same keys.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #9
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Actually, I'm on a linked reservation now and was given new keys to the same villa at BLT.
I was given new keys to our same villa at BCV too (for linked resies).
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Jan 24-26 at HHI
Aug 1-8 at BWV & AKV
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #10
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,914

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisgood View Post
If I have 2 contracts, same resort, same use year, how does that affect me when I make reservations? Will they all be lumped into one category in the account? If I need points from both, to make one reservation, will I have to have the reservations "linked" by Disney?

And if I have a 3rd contract, same use year, different resort, and I need to add some points from that to a reservation for the first resort, does that count as a transfer? Or are transfers only between different use year?
IF the contracts are under the same master they will be treated as one for that home resort and can be directly combined with other resort points at the 7 month window that are also under the same master. Currently DVC will combine them if you buy resale and they are titled exactly the same as anything you have already. There is no guarantee this option will continue and I personally think it may not long term for new resale buyers.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Typical, I was told at BWV last week that new keys are not necessary. We switched rooms and kept the same keys.

Bill
But unless they put the correct end date on the KTTW, they show a past date if they don't replace the KTTW.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.