DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
moreisgood
Falling in love

Purchasing 2 contracts for the same resort same use year - making reservations

If I have 2 contracts, same resort, same use year, how does that affect me when I make reservations? Will they all be lumped into one category in the account? If I need points from both, to make one reservation, will I have to have the reservations "linked" by Disney?

And if I have a 3rd contract, same use year, different resort, and I need to add some points from that to a reservation for the first resort, does that count as a transfer? Or are transfers only between different use year?
moreisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreisgood View Post
If I have 2 contracts, same resort, same use year, how does that affect me when I make reservations? Will they all be lumped into one category in the account? If I need points from both, to make one reservation, will I have to have the reservations "linked" by Disney?

And if I have a 3rd contract, same use year, different resort, and I need to add some points from that to a reservation for the first resort, does that count as a transfer? Or are transfers only between different use year?
If they are both titled the same, they can be made into one contract when they are purchased. But if you didn't do that then, you can't do that now.

If they are two separate contract master numbers (12345.000 and 23456.000 instead of 12345.000 and 12345.001), you cannot combine them to make a single night without transferring them.

Transfer count if they are between different master contracts. If you have add-ons, you don't have different contracts.

You can make separate reservations for separate nights and ask that them be linked. But you will still have to check out and check in again. I have to do that every trip and it can be a pain.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
moreisgood
Falling in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If they are both titled the same, they can be made into one contract when they are purchased. But if you didn't do that then, you can't do that now.

If they are two separate contract master numbers (12345.000 and 23456.000 instead of 12345.000 and 12345.001), you cannot combine them to make a single night without transferring them.

Transfer count if they are between different master contracts. If you have add-ons, you don't have different contracts.

You can make separate reservations for separate nights and ask that them be linked. But you will still have to check out and check in again. I have to do that every trip and it can be a pain.
When you say check in and out again, do you mean - pack up all your stuff and actually leave for 6 hours? Or just a visit to the front desk?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
Deb & Bill

Quote:
When you say check in and out again, do you mean - pack up all your stuff and actually leave for 6 hours? Or just a visit to the front desk?
If they are linked, you should be able to just go down and get new keys. And if you have the dining plan, it will end at midnight of the day of your checkout for that stay.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
moreisgood
Falling in love

Quote:
If they are linked, you should be able to just go down and get new keys. And if you have the dining plan, it will end at midnight of the day of your checkout for that stay.
New keys are pretty doable. Once I bought a Tables in Wonderland card, that was the end of dining plans for me!

Thank you!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
The new RFID locks do not require new keys, the Front Desk just sends a signal to the locks via WiFi.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz

The new RFID locks do not require new keys, the Front Desk just sends a signal to the locks via WiFi.

Bill
Actually, I'm on a linked reservation now and was given new keys to the same villa at BLT.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Actually, I'm on a linked reservation now and was given new keys to the same villa at BLT.
Typical, I was told at BWV last week that new keys are not necessary. We switched rooms and kept the same keys.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #9
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I was given new keys to our same villa at BCV too (for linked resies).
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #10
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:

IF the contracts are under the same master they will be treated as one for that home resort and can be directly combined with other resort points at the 7 month window that are also under the same master. Currently DVC will combine them if you buy resale and they are titled exactly the same as anything you have already. There is no guarantee this option will continue and I personally think it may not long term for new resale buyers.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Typical, I was told at BWV last week that new keys are not necessary. We switched rooms and kept the same keys.

Bill
But unless they put the correct end date on the KTTW, they show a past date if they don't replace the KTTW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: