Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #16
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz1910 View Post

Life is too short.
I want to go.
Can't think of ANY better reasons

Old 05-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #17
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynutinlondon View Post
Can't think of ANY better reasons

Lol, that has been my mantra since we came back from WDW.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #18
Disneynutinlondon

Quote:
Lol, that has been my mantra since we came back from WDW.
I booked our 2014 trip 2 weeks before they officially released the free dining and I hadn't even paid for our 2013 african safari holiday .... I just feel so depressed when we don't have a WDW holiday booked.

I keep telling myself I'm making memories for when the boys no longer come with us and the 2014 trip is the start as DH and I are going to be there without the boys for 6 days and then they are flying out to join us
Old 05-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #19
joolz1910

Quote:
I booked our 2014 trip 2 weeks before they officially released the free dining and I hadn't even paid for our 2013 african safari holiday .... I just feel so depressed when we don't have a WDW holiday booked.

I keep telling myself I'm making memories for when the boys no longer come with us and the 2014 trip is the start as DH and I are going to be there without the boys for 6 days and then they are flying out to join us
It's the perfect place to create family memories. I want to impress upon my girls the importance of putting family happiness / fun times together first as your main priority.

I am willing to save hard and go without to make it happen. I'm also happy to have cheapo caravan holidays and cheap days out in the meantime. It's all worth it in the end Like you, I need a Disney fix to look forward to; knowing I can book in the new year has got me all giddy.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 05-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #20
Tinkerpeas hubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Planning a trip really lifts my spirits and gives me something positive to focus on. Our trip last year was superb. It cost me a small fortune but I did not begrudge one single penny/cent. I feel really happy with the decision.
Completely agree about a Disney holiday lifting up your spirit's
It was the only thing apart from the kids that kept my wife going and positive through most of last yr and the 6 months before that! Through her treatment and surgeries!!
She just loves being able to concentrate on something so positive, the fact that she was so sick and could do barely anything with the kids for nearly a year made her feel so guilty so planning a Disney surprise trip for them knowing she would finally get quality time where she wasn't feeling so rubbish meant the world to her ( thank god my work didn't manage to screw that up completely ).

When I'm at work having a bad day I just think where that money is taking us, and yet before I met my wife and even free her begging for months I still didn't have any desire to even visit Disney world lol now I can't imagine wanting to holiday anywhere else HA.

We also want to make sure our kids know how important family time is together I guess that's why my wife always takes her mum too as her mum took her for years and installed it into her!! Plus it's great for her to see the grand kids enjoying Disney.

So fan decision in moving it forward the wait won't be so painful now,

Moi (31): dw (27): B (10) Ant (7): Avatar (7):
Tinkerpeas hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #21
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerpeas hubby View Post
Completely agree about a Disney holiday lifting up your spirit's
It was the only thing apart from the kids that kept my wife going and positive through most of last yr and the 6 months before that! Through her treatment and surgeries!!
She just loves being able to concentrate on something so positive, the fact that she was so sick and could do barely anything with the kids for nearly a year made her feel so guilty so planning a Disney surprise trip for them knowing she would finally get quality time where she wasn't feeling so rubbish meant the world to her ( thank god my work didn't manage to screw that up completely ).

When I'm at work having a bad day I just think where that money is taking us, and yet before I met my wife and even free her begging for months I still didn't have any desire to even visit Disney world lol now I can't imagine wanting to holiday anywhere else HA.

We also want to make sure our kids know how important family time is together I guess that's why my wife always takes her mum too as her mum took her for years and installed it into her!! Plus it's great for her to see the grand kids enjoying Disney.

So fan decision in moving it forward the wait won't be so painful now,
We seem to have very similar attitudes. Like your wife, I used my last Disney trip to get me through the last couple of years - it really helps to have something positive to focus on. I had been preoccupied with caring for my Mum who was diagnosed with a terminal illness in 2010, just 6 months after my Dad died suddenly. My Mum died in July 2012 and so I had lost both parents in the space of a couple of years and my kids had lost their grandparents.

Life is still stressful but knowing I can distract myself with Disney planning and treat my kids to 2 weeks of pure happiness keeps me going.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 05-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #22
Disneynutinlondon

Quote:
We seem to have very similar attitudes. Like your wife, I used my last Disney trip to get me through the last couple of years - it really helps to have something positive to focus on. I had been preoccupied with caring for my Mum who was diagnosed with a terminal illness in 2010, just 6 months after my Dad died suddenly. My Mum died in July 2012 and so I had lost both parents in the space of a couple of years and my kids had lost their grandparents.

Life is still stressful but knowing I can distract myself with Disney planning and treat my kids to 2 weeks of pure happiness keeps me going.
It's amazing how planning and going to Disney has the capacity to distract and heal the most scarred and harrowed emotions. One of my favorite trips was Easter 2004 just after DH had finished his last chemotherapy treatment and before he started his radiotherapy treatment. I remember standing in the shower on the morning of our flight out there praying that it was going to be the wonderful trip that we all needed and it was truly magical. For 2 weeks we were able to totally forget all the pain and stress etc we'd gone through the previous 9 months and recharge both physically and mentally.

Sometimes I think going to Disney is not a luxury but a necessity required to keep sane
Old 05-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #23
joolz1910

Quote:

Sometimes I think going to Disney is not a luxury but a necessity required to keep sane
Disney should be available on the NHS
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: