Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #31
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Pop View Post
When I was at Pop last week I found out that Pop's food court is transitioning over to mirror the food court at Art of Animation. They even have one of the most amazing chefs from AoA over at Pop for the next month to help out with the transition. The create-your-own salad was very yummy, but I was a huge fan of the old food court! The new food seems to be much more accommodating to guests with special dietary needs.
I hope not. We found the AoA food court awful in selection. And what we did get there was not good at all. I ended up throwing most of it away. Pop has been voted the best counter service on property for years, if they go more like Aoa, then that won't be the case anymore. Of course we tend to mostly eat at the parks anyways, but I do want to have a decent selection if I decide to eat there.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #32
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

You know I really liked the old menu at POP. The new one sounds good too. I booked ASMo for our next trip in Sept. wonder if they will change the menu also

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #33
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

I am excited about the menu change! I am staying at POP but planned on walking over the bridget to eat at AOA mostly. I like the healthier/more unique items offered at AOA. such a nice change from the same old tired selection they have had for years! the crab quesedilla (sp?) and the shrimp and grits sound fantastic! I cannot wait to try it!

cab0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #34
the little marla
you're not getting cold fins now? are ya!

So excited to see more seafood on the menu!! We will be at pop on Sunday!!

May 2013 Dining Report! June 2012 DDP Dining Report!

December '13 off site May '13 Pop/off site + 4nights Disney Dream June '12 Pop November '11 Disneyland for our honeymoon! May '11 4 nights on the Dream! + Poly!
August '10 Pop August '09 Pop/3 night Wonder Cruise! and ENGAGED IN DISNEY! 8.24.09! January '09 AS Movies
1986-2009 at least 1 trip per year, contemporary,pop,coronado springs, off site[/SIZE]
the little marla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #35
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Our trip starts in less than 3 weeks. The new menu looks really good

We just came home from our 11th trip, a week at Pop Century!
Dreamer & Wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #36
daytimediva
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love that too. My guess is the other resorts are going to follow soon. I am betting AS resorts will be next. But I bet the Parmesan crusted chicken is darn good.
I'm actually on my way back from Pop right now, and I just had the reply since I was so heartbroken over the menu change.

The chicken penne pasta dish was my favorite, and now you can still get Alfredo sauce on the cavatappi (sp?) noodles but be aware that the noodles are pre-sauced with either a chunkier marinara sauce or an Alfredo sauce of a different texture. When pre-sauced, they seemed bland and dry. I went back and just asked for plain noodles with sauce on the side. The breading on the chicken was also quite different and the chicken was much drier.

I was also very disappointed to see the breakfast potatoes go away in place of a cheesy potato casserole. It was still good but with my heart set on those breakfast potatoes I was so disappointed. The breakfast wrap was also replaced by a breakfast burrito. Similar concept but just not the same as before

I understand the need for change but since so many people seem to love the chicken penne dish... I'm surprised the overall menu changed so drastically.

6/93: Dixie Landings. 6/94: Dixie Landings. 6/95: Dixie Landings. 6/97: All-Star Music. 6/00: All-Star Music. 6/01: All-Star Movies. 6/02: All-Star Movies. 3/06: All-Star Movies. 3/07: All-Star Movies. 10/07: All-Star Sports. 11/08: Super Soap Weekend @ All-Star Sports. 2/09: Pop Century. 1/10: Pop Century. 3/11: Disney Dream inbetween Port Orleans Riverside/Pop Century. 5/11: Pop Century. 1/12: Pop Century. 2/13: Pop Century.
daytimediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #37
PattnFmly
DH drove me crazy last night! 'cause he was so loud!

Wishing for some photos of the new food ..!
Also, has anyone who has already been there know if you can get a "make your own taco" with just shell/beef/cheese? Have people who flatly refuse to have any veggies on their tacos. Actually, for that matter, on any sandwich!

With Family & Friends: 1976, 1980, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2007, (2009)
With wonderful, loving DH & DS's: 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
PattnFmly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #38
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkluttrell View Post
I don't mean to hijack the thread but can you tell me what this Mom's night out is? Or point in the direction of a link that tells me?
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/1...t-pop-century/

Basically, it's a series of specials they run (ran?? They still doing them post-menu change?) during the week.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #39
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

I was there last week. Did not like the menu changes. My DD & I had the new French bread pizza. We both threw it away. Didn't like the sauce on it at all. I tried and liked make your own tacos but only at lunch. I think the salad might be lunch only too. The adult tacos was 4 tacos. If I had gone again I would have ordered the kids meal with 1 taco. The parm chicken didn't look that good to me. The 2 dinners I had there I got the kids cheeseburger which was served on Petridge Farm whole wheat goldfish bread. They were good and probably a lot less calories then the Alfredo chicken I really wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkluttrell View Post
I don't mean to hijack the thread but can you tell me what this Mom's night out is? Or point in the direction of a link that tells me?
They are gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattnFmly View Post
Wishing for some photos of the new food ..!
Also, has anyone who has already been there know if you can get a "make your own taco" with just shell/beef/cheese? Have people who flatly refuse to have any veggies on their tacos. Actually, for that matter, on any sandwich!
Yes you tell them exactly what you want on it. But only available til 4:30.

My friend got the nachos. She seemed happy with them but they were served on potato chips. Nachos should be corn chips.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #40
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

My friend got the nachos. She seemed happy with them but they were served on potato chips. Nachos should be corn chips.[/QUOTE]

eeeek nacho potato chips

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #41
Grandmatoniko
Mouseketeer

Oh no, I am so sad Part of the reason we chose to stay there was the food. My dh loves the Chicken with the alfredo sauce and my ALL time favorite was the turkey chibatta sandwich.
POR 04, Contemporary 05, POR 06, POP 07, POP 08, POP 09, POP 10 and POP 12, POP 13 & POP 2015!!
Grandmatoniko is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: