Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
redc
Mouseketeer

Best Romantic Meals (moved to Restaurant board)

My lady and I are visiting WDW in July for 3 nights.

And for the first time ever we are going without the KIDS!!!

We're staying at the BWI.

We need your advice on your top places to have a wonderful, romantic meal. We would have loved to try Cali Grill or V&A but they are closed during our visit.

We've eaten at many great restaurants in WDW, and we will eat anything, beef, fish, sushi, and have discriminating tastes, but we'd like your opinion.

Here is what I have lined up for dinner, but I am ready to change any and all at the drop of a hat:

Monday Le Cellier

Tuesday Bluezoo

Wednesday Monsieur Paul

Thanks in advance....Red
redc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by redc View Post
Monday Le Cellier

Tuesday Bluezoo

Wednesday Monsieur Paul
That's a great list!

You mentioned sushi, so let me suggest Kimonos. Maybe it's not terribly romantic, but they have great drinks and great sushi and great karaoke (perhaps head there after dinner at Bluezoo?)

Also check out the restaurants board (this thread will probably be moved there).

Too bad that Cali Grill will be closed; that's my favorite.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I would consider Le Cellier to be one of the least romantic restaurants at WDW. It's small crowded, tables very close together and you will probably get to know the people at the tables around you because you can hear their conversations. If you want steak, I would suggest Shulas at the Dolphin.

bluezoo is my favorite outside of V&A so that's a great choice. And while I like sushi and Kimonos, I would not do on the same night as bluezoo as the appetizers here are fantastic. I highly recommend the scallops; it's the best appetizer in all of WDW IMO.

Monsieur Paul I'm on the fence about. It's definitely not as good as the old pre-dining plan Bistro de Paris. The food isn't as good (but it wasn't bad either); however, they have removed the romantic atmosphere from the place--no more tablecloths and candles on the table. I've only dined here once under the Monsieur Paul label so perhaps I just hit it on an off night. We were seated next to a family who thought allowing their toddler to scream in his high chair was the evening's entertainment for everyone. Hopefully my experience was the exception.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

What about Narcoussee's? I think it is very romantic to get a table by the window and look out over the water and see the castle in the distance.

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Here's one that may not make anyone's list - Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom villas.

Cozy atmosphere, interesting food, muted lighting... it's a fun meal.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Romantic meals are tough to find at WDW. V&A is far and away the most (and some might say only) romantic restaurant at WDW.

I agree with Pakey that Le Cellier is a zero on the romance scale.

We like Blue Zoo a lot and your chances for romance there are pretty good, provided there are not a lot of noisy conventioneers.

We also like Shula's. You can sometimes get a bit of romance by asking for a quiet table for two in the back area.

We like Il Mulino. It's a noisy trattoria, but the side rooms are a bit quieter. Not a lot of romance, per se, but the food is yummy, the wine list is excellent and those make up for a lot.

We gave up on Monsieur Paul when it was still Bistro de Paris. Once they started with a children's menu, all romance was gone. Our last visit there we dined late (our reservation was for 8:30 pm). Still, it was so packed with strollers and noisy children we might as well have been at Chef Mickey's.

As for the other Disney signature restaurants, our rule is to dine late -- 8:30 pm or 9 pm. By then, many (but not all!) families will have departed taking their little darlings with them. But, that does not always work. We had a family with a baby and three toddlers seated next to us at Jiko. They arrived after 10 p.m.

Places where we have had some luck with romance if we dine later -- Citrico's, Artist Point, Flying Fish.

At Narcoosee's only dine after the fireworks are over. At Sanaa, dine later -- after 9 pm. We have enjoyed Sanaa, but if you dine any earlier, the dining room is full of large families staying at the Animal Kindom villas.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
hooch11bear
Mouseketeer

I agree with your Bluezoo choice. We ate there last year and it was very quiet and relaxing. I would suggest Jiko also. Our meals there are always fantastic. Another location I would suggest is Artist Point. I know Le Cellier is noisy and not the most romantic place to eat, we absolutely love our meals there!!!!
hooch11bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #8
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Moving to the Restaurant board

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #9
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Well, that depends on what you consider romantic. My wife and I got slightly tipsy at Raglan Road, ate appetizers and desserts, and sang along with the band. We had a blast.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #10
sabcook
Mouseketeer

Given the closings you mentioned, I would suggest Artist Point and Citricos. My husband and I are celebrating there without the kids this fall and we are also adding a "lounge crawl" one night with appys and drinks at Wilderness lodge, Grand Floridian and Poly, with fireworks on the beach at the Poly.
Have a great trip!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
redc
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all your suggestions. May try Narcoossee's. And I like the idea of getting a little tipsy at Raglan Road!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
baldy6060
Mouseketeer

We like Narcoossee's but we can't say enough about Artist Point. Quiet, underrated, wonderful food (hate salmon but I'd eat it all day here). Great all around.
baldy6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #13
bigskyernurse

Pick ME! Pick ME!

Raglan Road was one of our most wonderful kid-free nights on our recent trip (just returned yesterday). Amazing (and affordable!) food, great drinks and the entertainment/setting is so much fun. There was a patio band outside as well so even on our way out we continued the fun. Might not be everyone's idea of romantic, but it was for us. We heard 3 of our songs play that night. I was proposed to at the beginning of this trip (at Jiko-which was also amazing) and on our last night there at Raglan my fiancé said "I wish I would have proposed here!" So highly recommend!!
Old 05-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #14
redc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskyernurse View Post
Raglan Road was one of our most wonderful kid-free nights on our recent trip (just returned yesterday). Amazing (and affordable!) food, great drinks and the entertainment/setting is so much fun. There was a patio band outside as well so even on our way out we continued the fun. Might not be everyone's idea of romantic, but it was for us. We heard 3 of our songs play that night. I was proposed to at the beginning of this trip (at Jiko-which was also amazing) and on our last night there at Raglan my fiancé said "I wish I would have proposed here!" So highly recommend!!
Thanks for the great recommendation!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: