Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

I would take Poly over BC in a heart beat. After staying at the Poly for years we decided to give BC a try last summer. While it is a very nice resort, our entire family missed the Poly the entire week. The Poly just feels like our Disney "home". So glad to be returning there this August. I certainly can't say that you would have the same opinion though. You can see by the responses you're getting that there are plenty of people on these boards that love the BC as much as I love the Poly. Good luck with your decision
Old 05-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #17
3SugarBugs
Earning My Ears

I should have never opened this thread!

My famillies 1st trip is this September (I did College Program in '92), so we're going BIG and I chose BC Club Level - Deluxe room. BUT, Poly was a very close runner up. Ugghhh the choices!

I'm telling myself I made the right choice...my kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pool and I have a day and half *off* so they can enjoy SAB. Also, my kiddos are definitely more Pixar fans, than traditional Disney Character fans (I know, I know) so I thought the proximity to HS may be better.

Didn't the rooms at Poly just get re-done? Did that include CL? I could save a little money by switching I think, because the rooms are bigger anyway. When I orginally looked, I just though Poly seemed dark? We're definitely "beach" people, have a boat, and vacation at the beach every summer...so I knew BC would appeal to that side of us.

BUT (see here I go again) I really like the monorail idea and seeing the Castle and watching fireworks from the Poly Beach sounds wonderful too!

Someone talk me down!

CP - Summer 1992 (MGM Studios - Keystone Clothiers/Great Movie Ride)
BC CL - September 2013 1st Trip for the Family!
3SugarBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #18
mlandon
Earning My Ears

Pardon my ignorance but what's SAB? Oh, and yes, the rooms at Poly are being refurbished this year. They were working on them when my family and I were there in February!

Thanks!
Michael
mlandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #19
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandon View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what's SAB?

Thanks!
Michael
SAB: Stormalong Bay, the 3 acre pool complex at the Yacht & Beach Club, which includes a lazy river and pirate slide

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #20
mlandon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Stormalong Bay, the 3 acre pool complex at the Yacht & Beach Club
Thank you!
mlandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #21
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

I have not stayed at the BC yet (186 days!) but we did stay at the Poly in 2011. While I thought the resort was great I did not fall "in love" with it. I thought the sit down restaurants were great but Captain Cooks was gross. We are not big counter service eaters anyway. The pool was way to small; no where to sit around the pool to watch the kids. I probably would stay there again but I would not be running back. I am extremely excited to give the BC a try. And looking at the age of your children my vote is for BC.

goofy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #22
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart-mom View Post
It priced out for the 5 of us (me, dh, dd-15, ds13 and ds11) to be about 500 less for the BC. We have stayed at both before and loved them both for many reasons. Now I am wondering if I should have just gone with Poly. I booked for the fd but now dh is thinking we should go down Friday to Friday and just buy our own meals for two days.

Which one would you pick?
You don't say when you are going but with the room discounts that are expected to be announce within a few days the price difference between the Poly and BC may be a lot more than $500. The Disney Visa room only discount that was just announced is for 8/15/13 - 9/28/13 and is 30% at BC but only 20% at the Poly. The discount for the general public expected to be announced within a few days is expected to be the same.

At a Deluxe the room only discount may save you more than free dining.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #23
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

It really is hard to choose between the two - we are in the group doing a split stay Poly/BC on our next trip! However, if you don't want to split think about where you will spend the most time, MK or Epcot/HS, for me it's all about cutting down on the transportation.

Poly is in the process of refurbishing now and the CL Hawaii was just finished. If it helps at all, we split our stay 4 nights Poly /6 nights BC as we thought we would spend more time at Epcot/HS and we love being able to walk to the World Showcase for dinner.

Whatever you choose, I'm sure you will have a magical vacation!

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #24
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

So many reasons to pick either one. My head keeps swirling around even more questions. My kids will have more fun at SAB but I think the resort food s better at the Poly. The beach is nice and relaxing at the Poly but convenience is nice at BC. We are coming in 8/30 and doing room only and then switching ressies to fd on 9/2 thru 9/6. I didn't realize the Poly ro was 20%. I think I might just have to go with the BC and bank the savings. Poly is nice but the savings is just too much to miss out on. And maybe I can talk DH into a bb while we are there.

Thanks for all your input!

Old 05-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #25
starousse
DIS Veteran

I too was in your predicament. I booked BC for our upcoming trip May 23rd and then thought several times that I maybe should've booked the Poly. When I read reviews on the Poly, be that on Trip Advisor, Allears, etc, people really seem to be complaining about how outdated and run down the place is. Since I've always wanted to stay at a monorail resort, I'd probably try the Poly, after all the renovations are done. Some say BC needs some refreshment as well, but the reviews seem to be much better. Also, I love the idea of being able to walk out of my room and into Epcot. So BC it is for us.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: