Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #16
starrysky
DIS Veteran

DP is dinning plan, QSDP is the quick service plan.
CBR Caribbean Beach Resort.

There are loads if you don't know just ask

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #17
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Ducks wife View Post
Sorry I'm so confused, what does DP, QSDP, CBR??? I don't know what one workout cheaper or better value as I have no idea what these things mean etc
DP is Dining Plan (This is 1 Table Service Meal, 1 Quick Service Meal and 1 Snack per person per day)

QSDP is Quick Service Dining Plan (This is 2 Quick Services Meals and 1 Snack per person per day)

CBR is Caribbean Beach Resort it is a moderate level hotel (Art of Animation is a value resort).

To get free dining plan, you need to stay at a moderate (you get quick service plan) or deluxe (you get the dining plan)

If you have any questions about it, please don't hesitate to ask. I know how confusing all this can be if you've never done it before.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #18
Donald Ducks wife
DIS Veteran

Pricing both resorts up, this is what I'm getting;

Carribean beach resort
Free dining
Park tickets
$200 giftcard
Total £2,230

Art of Animation resort
Dining
Park tickets
Total £2,131

So its working out £101 more just for the $200 giftcard card really.

Since my son is picky eater, we wouldn't use his vouchers as he would share a meal with me.
And I really want to stay in a fun resort like the animation, the others don't look as much fun
November 2012 - Santa Fe DLP
March 2013 - Cheyanne DLP
October 2013 - Santa Fe DLP
April 2014 - Hotel New York DLP
October 2014 - Hotel New York DLP

March 2015 - Hotel New York DLP

Donald Ducks wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #19
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:

Carribean beach resort
Free dining
Park tickets
$200 giftcard
Total £2,230

Art of Animation resort
Dining
Park tickets
Total £2,131

Since my son is picky eater, we wouldn't use his vouchers as he would share a meal with me.
And I really want to stay in a fun resort like the animation, the others don't look as much fun
Ultimately, the choice is yours and I would never tell you what to do because that is not my call, but I think you need to read a little more about each of the resorts so that you can be clear about what each can offer you.

From a purely financial perspective, $200 is £130 of free spending money. But it's not just a financial decision. Caribbean Beach is just as much fun as Art of Animation and has better facilities which is why it is a moderate level hotel not a value.

There are no "vouchers" you have meal credits attached to your card which also serves as your tickets and your room key. I think you will be surprised by the meals and I'm sure your son will enjoy the food. WDW is not like DLP AT ALL. I can't stress that enough. People think that they are the same and that WDW will just be like a big DLP and that's not the case. DLP isn't even owned and operated by Disney, it's a completely different experience.

I like Art of Animation, but in your position, I would definitely consider the step up to a moderate. Caribbean Beach is the cheapest, but you may prefer Coronado Springs or one of the Port Orleans resorts. My suggestion would be for you to gather some more information about the resorts so that you know more about the differences between resorts. It really isn't just £101 more for the gift card, it's £101 more for a better hotel, bigger room, more facilities, a gift card and often less crowded transportation services.

Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Old 05-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #20
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

Quote:

Carribean beach resort
Free dining
Park tickets
$200 giftcard
Total £2,230

Art of Animation resort
Dining
Park tickets
Total £2,131

Every hotel has its own theme and is fab, im sure youll enjoy wherever you stay
The AoA room would be a Little Mermaid one, wouldnt it?
would your son be ok there?
youre not paying £100 extra for the $200 gift card as youll get the free quick service dining too. Its 2 counter service meals and a snack each per day.
personally id upgrade resorts to get the free dining-even if it is just counter service, that will save you so much money. you can use the counter service credits to buy meals, there are so many choices-even for picky eaters.
youll also get snack credits to use-these can be used for so many things eg sweets,drinks,ice creams,popcorn etc.
If you get the free dining, Id suggest looking at the Dining section of the forum. you can get ideas of the types of food you can get.

However its totally up to you. It sounds like youve got your heart set on AoA.
Wherever you stay, im sure youll have a wonderful time.xx
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #21
threemouseketeersuk
Earning My Ears

I'm hoping for a return trip to celebrate a big zero birthday next year

I am looking forward to having a look about AoA but for me the free Quick Service dining plan makes a moderate much better value. I love Port Orleans French Quarter because it is small, intimate and rooms are close to buses, food court and boats. Each Disney hotel has it's own special magic

I usually take along 2 picky parents, 1 with a Garlic allergy but we manage to find food often and don't usually have too many table service meals. There are some great counter service options even for picky eaters and.
threemouseketeersuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #22
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRomance View Post

Ultimately, the choice is yours and I would never tell you what to do because that is not my call, but I think you need to read a little more about each of the resorts so that you can be clear about what each can offer you.

From a purely financial perspective, $200 is £130 of free spending money. But it's not just a financial decision. Caribbean Beach is just as much fun as Art of Animation and has better facilities which is why it is a moderate level hotel not a value.

There are no "vouchers" you have meal credits attached to your card which also serves as your tickets and your room key. I think you will be surprised by the meals and I'm sure your son will enjoy the food. WDW is not like DLP AT ALL. I can't stress that enough. People think that they are the same and that WDW will just be like a big DLP and that's not the case. DLP isn't even owned and operated by Disney, it's a completely different experience.

I like Art of Animation, but in your position, I would definitely consider the step up to a moderate. Caribbean Beach is the cheapest, but you may prefer Coronado Springs or one of the Port Orleans resorts. My suggestion would be for you to gather some more information about the resorts so that you know more about the differences between resorts. It really isn't just £101 more for the gift card, it's £101 more for a better hotel, bigger room, more facilities, a gift card and often less crowded transportation services.
Looking at what the OP has priced up isn't AOA coming up cheaper anyways even with her paying dining? And would she still get the free 200 gift card as it comes with every booking not just mods?
Or am I missing something? I stayed at AOA in a LM room with my 3 boys last yr and they LOVED it!!! Way better then CBR the pools even though they don't have a slide are amazing, as is the splash pad, the cars section to walk around at night was wonderful and ever after doing SSR for 16 nights with the fab pools that are there the boys asked to go back to AOA! It really is a fun resort if that's what the OP is after,

I totally agree with you on getting the DP wether it be the QS or the regular I mean if AOA was coming up way more with having to pay for the DP then I'd say def go with a mod but if its coming up the same or cheaper then AOA might be great fun.
Personally with it being a 1st time I would factor in paying for the actual DDP to get in some character meals!! We all know how expensive these can add up to and how our kids love to do them, so depending on what the OP wants to do food wise on the trip and what they want to experience I'd factor in this when it comes to spending money, as food ate up a good £££s when we went without the plan on our 1st on site trip.

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #23
darthtatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
Looking at what the OP has priced up isn't AOA coming up cheaper anyways even with her paying dining? And would she still get the free 200 gift card as it comes with every booking not just mods?
Or am I missing something?
The AoA quote doesnt include dining and you dont get the $200 gift card with the value resorts.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #24
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
Or am I missing something? I stayed at AOA in a LM room with my 3 boys last yr and they LOVED it!!! Way better then CBR the pools even though they don't have a slide are amazing, as is the splash pad, the cars section to walk around at night was wonderful and ever after doing SSR for 16 nights with the fab pools that are there the boys asked to go back to AOA! It really is a fun resort if that's what the OP is after,

I totally agree with you on getting the DP wether it be the QS or the regular I mean if AOA was coming up way more with having to pay for the DP then I'd say def go with a mod but if its coming up the same or cheaper then AOA might be great fun.
Personally with it being a 1st time I would factor in paying for the actual DDP to get in some character meals!! We all know how expensive these can add up to and how our kids love to do them, so depending on what the OP wants to do food wise on the trip and what they want to experience I'd factor in this when it comes to spending money, as food ate up a good £££s when we went without the plan on our 1st on site trip.
I'm not taking anything away from AoA because the theming is great especially for kids, but when you're talking about a price difference of £100, I think one of the moderates offers a lot more. There is no reason why the OP couldn't visit AoA to see all the theming over there or eat over there if they wanted to do so, but the standard of accommodation and the facilities overall are better in the mods than the values. I don't know if the gift card is included with the values resorts or not, but the OP said that it is not included with AoA which would equate to more than the £100 extra.

I just feel that the OP needs to really consider the options and what each one offers. Transportation with the values tends to be less frequent and more crowded (in our experience) and there are better facilities in the room and the resort. If the price difference was higher, then I would probably recommend AoA but with only £100 difference my personal advice would be to step up to a moderate. It really is personal preference for the OP, but I think knowing what that £100 extra actually gives you is the first step.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #25
darthtatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire View Post

We has a fridge at POFQ and CSR, do you get one at AoA?
I think all Value resorts got the fridges last year.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:55 AM   #26
ChipnDaleRule
DIS Veteran

Ive put together a list of forums within the DIS Boards which people have set up to share with others.They have some great pictures on the first page to give you an idea of what the resorts are like.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3032047 CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024335ART OF ANIMATION

We also found this Thread that had been started to show people what is classed as a "Snack" on the Disney Dining Plans,and its more than you'd think http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039087
Im not sure if your aware but with the Dining Plans (Quick Service and all the others) you can use the credits when ever you want.You can use them all on the first day if you so wish or use up six in a day,its up to you how many you use per day.Each time you get your dining receipt at the bottom it will tell you exactly what you have left
Old 05-08-2013, 04:04 AM   #27
Donald Ducks wife
DIS Veteran

I have read the info on the resorts, and art of animation. Is the one for us. And yes it is working out at only £100 more for a 'better' resort, it's not the money aspect of it, it's where we are going to enjoy staying. I could have picked one of the cheaper resorts, the all star ones, but I'm not too keen on them. So art of animation it is
November 2012 - Santa Fe DLP
March 2013 - Cheyanne DLP
October 2013 - Santa Fe DLP
April 2014 - Hotel New York DLP
October 2014 - Hotel New York DLP

March 2015 - Hotel New York DLP

Donald Ducks wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:10 AM   #28
ChipnDaleRule
DIS Veteran

Old 05-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #29
darthtatty

Quote:
I have read the info on the resorts, and art of animation. Is the one for us. And yes it is working out at only £100 more for a 'better' resort, it's not the money aspect of it, it's where we are going to enjoy staying. I could have picked one of the cheaper resorts, the all star ones, but I'm not too keen on them. So art of animation it is
woohooo well done on deciding
Now the fun begins, happy planning.
If you need any help, just ask away.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:31 AM   #30
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

You've got to stay where you feel happy staying! Good luck with your trip and I'm sure you'll enjoy AoA!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: