Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #16
ttcl516
Mouseketeer

We stayed in bldg. 17 room 1733 for the first time in March. I had sent in a fax request asking for something close to everything, on the corner of the second floor. Suprisingly I received all my requests, and they actually upgraded us to a garden view (pixie dust) I loved this location close to everything, nice views and the little walk we had felt like you were in the bayou. Can't wait to go back!!

POR Riverside AB Feb 28 - Mar 7, 2013
ttcl516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Thank you ! I have seen this map before but didnt know you could click on it to see each room We would like to be right by the quiet pool in lodge 18 preferred room. Looking at the map looks like most the pool side rooms are pool view. So I guess I could not ask for preferred pool view room lol
Glad it could help! Pretty awesome map for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
The landscaping is so lush and beautiful at POR that even in a standard room that faces the parking lot, you would have to try really hard to actually see the parking lot.

This is just my family's opinion, but we don't feel it is worth the extra $$ for a certain view when staying at a moderate. There are no balconies so to actually enjoy the view you have to have the blinds open. When in the room, we do not like having everyone that walks by be able to look into our room. If we want to relax and enjoy a view, we will sit out at one of the benches by the water or in one of the courtyards. Now the couple times we have stayed deluxe, it is definitely worth the extra $$ for a good view because we have a balcony to sit out on and enjoy. Again, just our opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
I agree with everything dansdad said. We don't like having everyone look inside our room either as people walk by. The grounds of POR are beautiful...everywhere you walk, the landscaping is gorgeous. Paying for a view is not important to us.

At a deluxe I'm willing to pay more for a view, but not at a moderate.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We loved our garden view last year, but I agree about the lushness of POR and that even a parking lot view isn't horrible.

My main concern is hearing slamming car doors, or cars starting, etc while we're trying to sleep. We spend so little time in our room relative to everything else at Disney that the view isn't super critical. (although building 28, which is all garden view, was very nice)...

ahh, decisions...

Dan
POP, September 2011, 9 days Very Fun, Hot!
POP, September 2010, 8 days Magical!!!
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: