Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
luvdzny
DIS Veteran

Will this work? (Club level question)

Before I get flamed, I am not trying in any way to "cheat the system."

We are taking our 2 adult children and their spouses to WDW this summer. We are staying at AKL. We reserved 2 rooms for 6 adults. We wanted both club level, but only 1 was available. We put 4 names on the club level ressie. Our plan is to take turns using the club level lounge, but each day it would be the same 4 people using the club amenities. We would just switch the 4 people around so we all have certain days to use the lounge. On 1 day it would be the same 4 people and 2 people would not have access to club level, the next day we would rotate 2 people in and take 2 people out.

We would never have more then 4 people using club amenities in 1 day. Does this make sense?

In other words, we are paying for 4 adults to have club level access, but each day it will be a different 4 people. I do not want to cause problems or get something we did not pay for, I will even mention it to the staff, but I just want to see what others think.

luvdzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Honestly it still sounds like cheating the system to me.

I get you are still paying for 4 people but switching it up like that it would be hard for them to keep track of who is there on what day and if the same 4 at breakfast were there that night for cocktails so it would be very easy to take advantage if they allowed this.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

I'm new to CL so I may not be able to give the best advice but it might be an issue because the staff gets to know guests so personally, they might notice. I would keep trying for another CL room or contact your IPO about the issue. I've heard many instances where the staff is extremely accommodating with similar scenarios. Maybe if they won't accept the scenario they can help you get another room!

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

polyfor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdzny View Post

We are taking our 2 adult children and their spouses to WDW this summer. We are staying at AKL. We reserved 2 rooms for 6 adults. We wanted both club level, but only 1 was available. We put 4 names on the club level ressie. Our plan is to take turns using the club level lounge, but each day it would be the same 4 people using the club amenities. We would just switch the 4 people around so we all have certain days to use the lounge. On 1 day it would be the same 4 people and 2 people would not have access to club level, the next day we would rotate 2 people in and take 2 people out.

We would never have more then 4 people using club amenities in 1 day. Does this make sense?

In other words, we are paying for 4 adults to have club level access, but each day it will be a different 4 people. I do not want to cause problems or get something we did not pay for, I will even mention it to the staff, but I just want to see what others think.

If you're trying to do the honest thing, email the AKL IPO staff with the exact details you've mentioned here. Give them both reservation numbers. They will get back to you within 24 hours with their answer. Getting the policy on this type of "sharing" now may save some possible awkwardness later.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

I agree with contacting them now to inquire.

Maybe, if they know that you were actually hoping to get two CL rooms, they will be able to give you a heads up if there are any CL cancellations during the time you are staying there? Have you considered staying at a different resort that has more availability?
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdzny View Post

You don't seem like you want to cause problems. The only issue I see is that you will be assigned Key to the World Cards (KTTW) in Gold for Club Level. Each card will have the name of the person registered to the Club Level Room. If someone else uses the card, it will not have their name on it. If someone checks who is not aware of your situation (although it rarely happens) it might be awkward. If it were me, I would call before arriving and see what they say. Can't hurt to ask!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
mmmears
DIS Veteran

I would call the IPO office and see what they say since it sounds like you are trying to do the right thing. Just my opinion, but I do think it's not 100% right. Also, they do get to know their guests, and they do look for the right color room cards. It's not something I would be comfortable doing without prior approval.

BTW -- if you have 4 adults on one room reservation, Disney charges extra for the 3rd and 4th adult.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
baler31
DIS Veteran

Honestly, I would just keep checking for 2 rooms or switch to another club level. That just sounds like it would be complicated and not enjoyable at all. When we go with others we use the lounge as a nice gathering area to spend time together and I would not want to have 2 people "left out."
Old 05-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #9
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Another one who thinks you should try contacting IPO to see if there's anything they can do about getting a 2nd room in CL. Sometimes you'd be amazed at how a room can open up "magically"... Good Luck!

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #10
gogo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baler31 View Post
Honestly, I would just keep checking for 2 rooms or switch to another club level. That just sounds like it would be complicated and not enjoyable at all. When we go with others we use the lounge as a nice gathering area to spend time together and I would not want to have 2 people "left out."
This is exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't be able to enjoy CL as much if part of my travelling party wasn't allowed to relax with the group and had to find alternatives for breakfast, appetizers in the evening and relaxing after a long day at the parks. It just doesn't seem like a smooth vacation. I'd do as others have suggeted and cotact the IPO. If they couldn't come up with a solution, I'd probably do CL another time or see if another resort had availability at their CL. I realize it is hard to do if you are really looking forward to AKL CL, but in the long run it'd probably lead to a happier vacation.

There might be days when everyone wants to do their own thing and not be constantly together but that would be by choice and not a "you are not part of the group type thing. Or, it's not your turn to go to the lounge". I know you would not say that but it is kinda like being in that position for the ones not going to the lounge.
gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Hi! I have not done it, but I recall reading that you can stay in a regular room & pay extra to have club level lounge access. IPO or reservations may be able to give more info. That way your whole party can be together for breakfast & snacks. You might get some answers on the concierge thread. Good luck!

Last edited by focusondisney; 05-06-2013 at 08:56 PM.
focusondisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #12
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Hi! I have not done it, bu, but I recall reading that you can stay in a regular room & pay extra to have club level lounge access. IPO or reservations may be able to give more info. That way your whole party can be together for breakfast & snacks. You might get some answers on the concierge thread. Good luck!
Yeah I was just thinking this. Get in touch with the IPO and see if either they can keep an eye out for a room coming available or if you can pay extra for the other two adults to get access to the lounge so you can stay with the group. There's nothing WDW likes more than taking your money...

They might not let you do it, however, if all the rooms are booked because I'm sure the amount of rooms available is somehow tied to the amount of people they want to allow to access the lounge. That said, perhaps enough of the rooms only have two people in them or something.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #13
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

I sat live on the edge and try to sneak all 6 into the lounge each day

Kidding kidding

Just contact them and negotiate something. $$$ talks
Old 05-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
luvdzny
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies. I agree, contacting IPO seems to be the way to go. If they say no way it will be fine. AKL is the only resort we want to stay at, and the trip dates are the only ones we could all make.

luvdzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #15
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I don't see how what you are proposing is any different than bringing food back to friends/family not staying club level, which probably happens frequently. But for my own peace of mind, I agree with the others in that I would keep checking for an opening or call to see if the people in the regular room could just pay extra for CL access. Also, around the 45 day mark is when inventory could really open up because people who have packages booked have to cancel by then to avoid penalty. So keep checking!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: