Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Engaged! and 1st call to Disney

My fiancee and I got engaged on Friday!!! woohoo!

I have been lurking and posting on the DIS wedding boards for quite some time now so it feels great to finally be a Disbride! I can now comment on everyone's wonderful PJs and not feel like an outsider who isnt engaged yet. lol (also cannot wait to start my PJ).

I had a feeling the proposal was coming soon so I went ahead and called Disney on our 16 month mark which was Wed. I thought I would just be "penciled in" instead of waiting to have a consultant call me back. I got a message from Pam the day before we left for our trip last weekend but felt too guilty calling her back if I was not "officially" engaged.

Today I called Pam and she is out until wed. Now I am dying to know if anyone else had already called for my date and venue. (8/31/14). Her VM said she will not be back until wed 5/8. Does anyone know if I can call and speak to another "consultant" just to be penciled in? or maybe I just need to calm down and wait until wed. LOL

rrali33tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Congratulations! For a Wishes wedding, the super-unofficial "penciling in" thing does not guarantee you a ceremony location if someone else wants it for the same date and time—they'd need to hold a lottery. So you should be good to wait til she gets back.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
happylaughingcow
Earning My Ears

yay!!!! thats awesome hun!

so are u planning a wishes wedding?....
I made my first call today (we want to book oct 2014) but was told I cant call until jan to even start the ball rolling for an escape wedding

Im sure Ive seen others on here and disneymooners book theirs "pencil in" earlier

So pleased for u though my lovely xx

Laura, WDW Bride to be Oct 2014planning journal
happylaughingcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone...yes I am planning a wishes wedding. The whole lottery thing scares me because I really am not flexible with the date (not for sentimental reasons but just trying to accomodate certain people in the wedding party). If worse comes to worse I will move to the next week but hoepfully it won't come to that. I was hoping that If i was at least penciled in it might deter someone from picking the same date for the shared fear of the lottery lol

Old 05-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Wishes can get penciled in at 16 months and escape at 9 months. But even if you are penciled in, if multiple couples want the same date and location you will have a lottery to determine who gets what. Congrats on your engagement!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
Kaylars
Mouseketeer

first congratulations

second I had no idea that they "penciled" in and did a lottery after that. I guess it's a good thing my wedding is planned for a wednesday, but it's also at DL not WDW
Kaylars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #8
happylaughingcow
Earning My Ears

From what I've read both on here & disneymooners, people seem to get the venue & date they want just not necessarily the exact time?

I reeeeeeally hope that's the case for us too ;-)

Do u know what location etc you'd want?

That's another reason I'm trying to stay positive about ours. We want sunset pointe which hosts only 8 guests. Alot of escape weddings seem to have more guests than that so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get when/what we want :-) xx

Laura, WDW Bride to be Oct 2014planning journal
happylaughingcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #9
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happylaughingcow View Post
From what I've read both on here & disneymooners, people seem to get the venue & date they want just not necessarily the exact time?

I reeeeeeally hope that's the case for us too ;-)

Do u know what location etc you'd want?

That's another reason I'm trying to stay positive about ours. We want sunset pointe which hosts only 8 guests. Alot of escape weddings seem to have more guests than that so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get when/what we want :-) xx
Yes I know exactly what I want lol.

Plan: I want a dessert party on 8.30.14 @ Italy Isola, Sun. 8.31.14 -5 pm ceremony at WP, Cindy's carriage, and evening reception at ADH. ( I am not sure but I heard Cindys carriage is first come first serve and can't be used for multiple brides on the same day? not sure if that is accurate).

Backup plan #2: 7pm ceremony at WP? i thought i read there were 7pm ceremonies. Not sure on that either.

Backup plan #3: If I don't get the ADH have the reception at AAR. Although I LOVE the AAR looks-wise, I feel like it throws off the flow of the wedding timing wise. The reception cannot start until late at night and I really want a dessert welcome party the night before for all the wedding guests, not as a cocktail hour or dessert party during the wedding. My fiance's family is from the south and we live in NJ so I wanted the families to mingle a bit before the actual wedding.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: