Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
JenCin78
Mouseketeer

Room requests BWV?

Can anyone help out a first timer here? We are staying at BWV in a 1 bedroom villa June 15-22 (40 days to go!!!) and I'm unsure of what to ask for at check in? I've heard people complain of the long hallways and walk to the elevators but we don't mind walking. I do have one major concern and that is that our room/balcony not be near any of the DSAs as my daughter is allergic to smoke and has asthma. I think I'd rather not have a view of the parking lot but not sure if that's something we can request? I know our package included a standard view but not sure what that entails? Thanks in advance

1st trip 1986-camped at Jellystone campground, April 2012 offsite Bonnet Creek, June 2013 our first stay on property at Yacht Club!
JenCin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenCin78 View Post
Can anyone help out a first timer here? We are staying at BWV in a 1 bedroom villa June 15-22 (40 days to go!!!) and I'm unsure of what to ask for at check in? I've heard people complain of the long hallways and walk to the elevators but we don't mind walking. I do have one major concern and that is that our room/balcony not be near any of the DSAs as my daughter is allergic to smoke and has asthma. I think I'd rather not have a view of the parking lot but not sure if that's something we can request? I know our package included a standard view but not sure what that entails? Thanks in advance
Did you book on points/DVC or cash through Disney Reservation Center?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
JenCin78
Mouseketeer

Cash through Disney reservations...we are not DVC owners yet but that may be changing on this trip.

1st trip 1986-camped at Jellystone campground, April 2012 offsite Bonnet Creek, June 2013 our first stay on property at Yacht Club!
JenCin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenCin78 View Post
Cash through Disney reservations...we are not DVC owners yet but that may be changing on this trip.
If you booked through DRC, then your "standard" view is the same as the preferred view (non-BW view) for DVC members. So you will have a view of the pools, either Luna Park (the themed pool) or the leisure pool. Request a higher floor if you are concerned about tobacco smoke.

But if I might advise you, don't sign on the dotted line during your trip. Do your homework and you might save a bunch of money. There is a big difference in cost between DVC direct and resales and not much difference in using the points. You can't use resale points to book non-DVC Disney stays including the Disney Cruise Line or Adventures by Disney, but those are not the best ways to use your points. Buy DVC to stay DVC and nothing else.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: