Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #76
SnwflkCts
I wanna go back ... when can I go back???

I've enjoyed all your reviews but thanks for the one on the Garden Grill - it was so in depth! I am going to have to consider going there! You both looked like you had a lot of fun at WDW!
DH, me, DCats: Maddie (12), Peanut Butter (12), Jelly Bean (7), Snowflake RIP 1/2010@19 yrs & Baby Button@2 yrs in 11/2011 - Feb 06 Poly; Nov 06 Poly (21st Wedding Ann.); Feb 09 Poly; Feb 10 Poly Second Dining Report 2/07/2010 thru 2/12/2010
SnwflkCts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #77
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
Loving your reviews! Thanks for sharing!
thanks for joining in! I am glad you are enjoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnwflkCts View Post
I've enjoyed all your reviews but thanks for the one on the Garden Grill - it was so in depth! I am going to have to consider going there! You both looked like you had a lot of fun at WDW!

YAY! I try to write and give pictures/details of what I would want to know!

We always have way too much fun!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #78
My sister's princess

Yak and Yeti

We checked into the Yak and Yeti right on time, and were seated before I could even finish pressing a penny! We were taken up stair and given a small table next to the stairs, which turned out to be the perfect spot! Hector, or waiter (who was FANTASTIC).

This was our view during the meal.

We were given our menus and then the hard choices began!

Neither of really knew what we wanted. And I kept toying with the idea of getting fried green beans!

I checked in on Facebook, using this photo

Decisions, decisions!

I got a “Berry Cherry Limeade - Cherry and lime juice with Sprite” to drink, because it is a special drink you can’t refills, but that was fine with me.

Josh chose a Coke (SHOCK I know)

I ended up not getting an appetizer (see I can behave!) and chose the shrimp and steak! “Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp - skirt steak, tempura-battered shrimp, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables, chili plum dipping sauce $25.99”

This might have been the best steak I have ever eaten. It was marinated in something that just made it super tender and FULL of flavor. The shrimp and dipping sauce were fantastic, and the rice was good too! The veggies were really a winner and I ate them all! I really can’t rave enough about this…
My notes from the note book “B's- SO GOOD – steak well seasoned shrimp perfectly cooked, veggies crisp and lots of them- extremely good”

Joshua chose the salmon “Seared Miso Salmon - miso glazed Atlantic salmon, jasmine rice, baby bok choy and shiitake mushroom stir-fry $24.99”

Josh’s meal was good to, he liked the rice and the salmon, and was happy there were mushrooms in the veggie mix!

The VERY wonderful Hector saw me with my camera and offered to take our photo! He said he loves taking people’s photos.

Yes I am sitting like a kindergartener and am slouching LOL

Josh and I both ordered a plate of heaven for dessert – “Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle $7.99”

If I could chose a meal to eat everyday and not get fat, that steak and shrimp with the fried wontons would be at the top of the list. AMAZING.

Yak and Yeti was even better than last time we went, and I am sure we will be back!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #79
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Everything at Y&Y looks so good! Those veggies look so fresh and that dessert-- OMG!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #80
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

my sister's princess thank you for the wonderful review. I have a question if you don't mind? Did you like the steak or the shrimp portion of your meal better? I was going to order the shaxoing & shrimp but then I thought about the shrimp tempura only and am still torn. How many shrimp did you get with your meal and if you had to choose one which one would you choose? Thanks!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #81
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Everything at Y&Y looks so good! Those veggies look so fresh and that dessert-- OMG!
I want to be eating that right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizprincess27 View Post
my sister's princess thank you for the wonderful review. I have a question if you don't mind? Did you like the steak or the shrimp portion of your meal better? I was going to order the shaxoing & shrimp but then I thought about the shrimp tempura only and am still torn. How many shrimp did you get with your meal and if you had to choose one which one would you choose? Thanks!
I'm glad you liked the review! I would have chosen the steak, but the shrimp were really good. I LOVE that you can get the combo, could that be an option for you? The meal came with 4 shrimp
Old 06-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #82
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

Yes that dish was my first pick so I'll likely go with that especially since they give you 4 shrimp. Thanks again!

Last edited by dizprincess27; 06-05-2013 at 09:13 PM.
dizprincess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #83
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Thanks for doing this. Everything looks wonderfully delicious!

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
darnheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #84
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

I cannot wait to try YnY. I am going to try that duck dish. I have been wanting those fried wontons forever

poohangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #85
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran

Your review of Yak & Yeti has made me soooooooooooooooo hungry! Great reviews so far!

SheenaXena21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #86
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohangel View Post
I cannot wait to try YnY. I am going to try that duck dish. I have been wanting those fried wontons forever
If you don't like dark meat.... don't try the duck! I don't know what I was expecting, but I thought it was greasy and yucky. But if you like duck, more power to ya!

SheenaXena21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #87
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizprincess27 View Post
Yes that dish was my first pick so I'll likely go with that especially since they give you 4 shrimp. Thanks again!
I think you will like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather View Post
Thanks for doing this. Everything looks wonderfully delicious!
I am enjoying it, but is sure makes me hungry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohangel View Post
Josh wasn't a fan of it when he tried it, but everyone has different tastes! The wontons are amazin g

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaXena21 View Post
Your review of Yak & Yeti has made me soooooooooooooooo hungry! Great reviews so far!
Thanks!!! It made me hungry too!

Old 06-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #88
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

sorry i checked out.....things are insane hectic around here. youre killing me! altho it may have to do with the fact im cranky and havent had supper(late bday party and me getting dropped at home with the babe while the men had mcd's and movie)

lorelei reallllllly wants bog for xmas- btw you wrote yours and josh's cuppys as the same name,so im curious to know what he actually had!

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #89
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca View Post
sorry i checked out.....things are insane hectic around here. youre killing me! altho it may have to do with the fact im cranky and havent had supper(late bday party and me getting dropped at home with the babe while the men had mcd's and movie)

lorelei reallllllly wants bog for xmas- btw you wrote yours and josh's cuppys as the same name,so im curious to know what he actually had!
No worries, glad you are here now! I really enjoyed BOG, what did I write as the same? I will go fix it...
Old 06-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #90
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

Now what do I do. My niece really liked the duck dish and I wanted to try all new stuff this trip. Although I have never been to Y n Y and it would all be new, I have had steak and shrimp before but never duck. I like dark meat but now I don't know. Man I hate trying to make up my mind

poohangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: