Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #61
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Nice new thread! Woo Hoo beat my nemesis to the new ground....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Happy Monday everybody!

Well, nice new thread anyway.
... CRUD!

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (7)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #62
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Hey CJ. I thought I'd move this over here as it may have gotten lost in the race on the last thread.

Also, I know that Zerf and Todd are also going to overlap our visit, if there are any other people looking to meet up, let me know and we'll see if there is a good overlap point on our plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Here's our itinerary for our trip:

Sun May 19
Chef Mickey's 7:20am
MK park
Ohana's 6:50pm

Mon May 20
DHS park
(no reservations at this point)

Tues May 21
EPCOT park
Akershus 1:35pm
Teppan Edo 7:50pm

Wed May 22
IOA park
(no reservations at this point)

Thurs May 23
MK park
Hoop Dee Doo 6:15pm

Fri May 24
DHS (SWW)
Sci-Fi Dine Inn 1:45pm

Sat May 25
Last full day.

CJ, we have friends that will be at WDW during the first three days where we have coordinated park days so if our girls want friends to hang with they can.

Let me know where you plan to be and we'll try to find a good overlap point.

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (7)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #63
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Good Morning Guys. Made it on page 4.

DS lost 3 more baseball games this weekend. We are now 0-17. The coaches keep favoring the same players. I think it's time to try something new. A lot of parents angry. I just go with the flow. DS has a .08 ERA in 23 innings, but doesn't get to be a starting pitcher. He's the best 1B we have, but he plays 3B part time and he has a .667 batting average and .800 on base percentage, but sits every other game. The politics and favoritism is really ticking some parents off. I just keep thinking that at 0-17, why not try something different? Can't hurt? Oh, and a good thing we cancelled practice today. With our success they certainly don't need to push them.

DD lost soccer game, but was 3-1 this weekend in hoops.

We had a first communion and a funeral mass as well so this weekend was absolutely crazy.

Hope everyone is well. Now I have to keep up on two threads.
Makes you want to bang your head against the wall. Hope he can get more playing time soon.

We had a fun one last week. We got our booklet for summer community education programs about two weeks ago. We registered the kids for T-Ball and soccer only to find out we missed the registration window for T'Ball. The booklet came the same day the window closed. So now I have two disappointed kids on my hands.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 05-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #64
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Got a question about bounceback offers, and I don't want to go to the ignoranrt masses. (loaded statement)

IF we were to find a very tempting BB offer when we go, DW MIGHT be persuaded to jump on it, seeing how she helped mess up this year's booking. If so, would all we need is a deposit? Just gathering information here....

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #65
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

I guess page 5 is better then page 6 !!!
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 05-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #66
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Good morning Dads. After a lot of hemming and hawing we've decided to change our summer trip plans. It seems that DW and both DD's were not liking the idea of missing out on Disney for what would have amounted to nearly 2 years. Instead of Hilton Head (which I was a little excited to play some golf but that's ok) we are going to do a split week trip. 3 nights at a WDW resort (not sure yet but leaning towards AKL or WL) and then 3 nights at Tradewinds Island Grand resort in St Pete. So we will get our fix of WDW and still get a few days of beach relaxation. I think this will be good. Nothing like planning last minute though. We'll be in WDW 6/16-6/19 so I think I will get to spend Father's Day at the Magic Kingdom!!
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
Old 05-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #67
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Happy Birthday BASEBALLMICKEY!!!
Happy Birthday James!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Good morning!

Had a busy Saturday working on the farm. DW had to go somewhere, so she left DS with me. She dropped him off at the field a little before noon and we were in the tractor until 10:45 pm. He did awesome for riding in a tractor that long. He got bored once in a while and started climbing around and apparently monitoring the gauges, but I think he enjoyed it. He has ridden with me several times before, but usually no more than 3 or 4 hours.

When we parked it for the night, he was asleep on the floor. I picked him up and when he woke up, I don't think he wanted to go home.

We got a lot done Friday and Saturday. I worked up about 250 acres on Saturday, and Dad got 150 planted before he had to quit a little early. We're about half done with corn. My uncle handles the soybean planting and he apparently has been having some problems. I think we've only got about 100 acres or so in the ground, but Dad and I are a little over half done with corn already. We got some rain yesterday and this morning, but once it dries up, I'm planning to take 2 or 3 days off of work to get it done.
Sounds like some good Father/Son bonding times. That's a lot of seat time in the tractor. I hope you have a comfy seat and a good radio!
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
Old 05-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #68
budamacdvcr
DIS Dad #737

Morning all,
Like the new thread, only been part of the group for a bit and already on two threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
Cool, Rainy, and Monday.

It's going to be in the mid 80's and mostly sunny at Castaway Cay today.

Disney Daydreamin...
Weather Today:
Orlando 78 & Sunny
Castaway Cay already spoken for
Grand Cayman 84 & Sunny
Cozumel 82 & Sunny

Sorry, with all the rain the past couple of weekends I am getting ahead with the destinations for our upcoming trip in June
DIS Dads #737
me DW DD (19) DS (17)

WDW 20 Trips, DCL 8 Cruises, March '13 DLR

Old 05-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #69
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Hey CJ. I thought I'd move this over here as it may have gotten lost in the race on the last thread.

Also, I know that Zerf and Todd are also going to overlap our visit, if there are any other people looking to meet up, let me know and we'll see if there is a good overlap point on our plans.
What...who....CJ is heading to the World? Just had to go before I can didn't you? Bad nemie!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #70
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
Sounds like some good Father/Son bonding times. That's a lot of seat time in the tractor. I hope you have a comfy seat and a good radio!
I put in a 15 hour day... the seat isn't bad at all. The only bad thing is that there isn't a second seat in that tractor, but there is enough room to put DS' folding chair next to my seat. Only problem is that I can't use my armrest while he's there, so the left shoulder was getting a little tired.

The radio and A/C both work very well!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #71
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Happy Birthday James. Make it a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
If we're storming the castle, should I grab my gear??

I mean, I know it's magical and all that, but Prince Charming carries a firearm (albeit poorly) in Storybrooke...love that show
The Pirate Princess has your six.

SH had a Spring Carnival on the green yesterday. One of the vendors was a paint ball range. She enjoyed working out her recent frustrations with some of her classmates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Good Morning Guys. Made it on page 4.

DS lost 3 more baseball games this weekend. We are now 0-17. The coaches keep favoring the same players. I think it's time to try something new...

DD lost soccer game, but was 3-1 this weekend in hoops.
You would think. Congrats though to the kid's achievements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Good morning!

Had a busy Saturday working on the farm. DW had to go somewhere, so she left DS with me. She dropped him off at the field a little before noon and we were in the tractor until 10:45 pm...

He has gotten a lot bigger since last year's planting pictures.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #72
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Got a question about bounceback offers, and I don't want to go to the ignoranrt masses. (loaded statement)

IF we were to find a very tempting BB offer when we go, DW MIGHT be persuaded to jump on it, seeing how she helped mess up this year's booking. If so, would all we need is a deposit? Just gathering information here....

$200 is all it takes to secure it...

Refundable if you decide to cancel that trip (up to 45 days prior)

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS10
Member #561
Old 05-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #73
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Makes you want to bang your head against the wall. Hope he can get more playing time soon.

We had a fun one last week. We got our booklet for summer community education programs about two weeks ago. We registered the kids for T-Ball and soccer only to find out we missed the registration window for T'Ball. The booklet came the same day the window closed. So now I have two disappointed kids on my hands.
Thanks.

That stinks! We usually have a late period after sign ups end so everyone can play. We just charge a late fee for those that miss the cut off. T-ball was always fun to watch. Is there someone you can call to get them in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post

Yes, or at least that is how it was 2 years ago. You need to book it and put down the deposit to hold the reservation. Need to pay the balance by the 45 day mark as with all reservations. We were there for baseball in May and booked the next year ahead since we knew we would be there the following year as well. We saved a ton of money and the other parents were very jealous. Had a better location at the hotel as well.

Good luck convincing DW!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #74
McDanielFamily
DIS Dad #738

Good morning gents!

So glad I found the DIS Boards, and last night, this forum. Just made our first trip as immediate family: DW, DD9 & DS7. Previous trips were with other family. It was within a few hours that I realized we were "one of those families". Had a blast & can't wait for our next trip!

I was very glad to see that I'm not the only Disney obsessed dad out there. I just won a Disney polo on an eBay auction that I will wear with pride on a golf trip in a couple of weeks. It just sucks it's not going to be at Disney! Need to plan to do that sometime.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys a bit more, this forum is great!

Carrie: WDW Offsite: 1978

Tony & Carrie: WDW Offsite (Honeymoon) June 1996, Gaylord Palms July 2005, SSR Treehouse Villas April 2010, CBR April 2013, AKL Jambo House/POP/BWV March-April 2014

Tony Carrie Hannah Jackson

Old 05-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #75
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
The Pirate Princess has your six.

SH had a Spring Carnival on the green yesterday. One of the vendors was a paint ball range. She enjoyed working out her recent frustrations with some of her classmates.
Now that is scary. The pirate princess is going to have skills beyond just the use of a shiv after this experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
He has gotten a lot bigger since last year's planting pictures.
No kidding. It happens fast.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cheeseballs, dads, dole whips, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: