Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran
 
cbeeindisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 591

UP wedding

I'm not having a wedding in WDW, we couldn't pick a time that everyone could go and we wanted to be able to have a big wedding, and we will still be taking a Disney honeymoon. But, I do want to incorporate Disney into my wedding at home. I wanted to make it an UP style wedding, or anything Disney really, without going too overboard. Does anyone have any suggestions? I wanted to do navy blue bridesmaid dresses, thoughts?

The wedding is in the beginning of November and I really didn't want to do the traditional fall foliage colors, I want bright! Is this too much for this time of year?

Thanks in advance!!
__________________

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,573

I wouldn't worry about time of year with colors—that's just one way to focus the look of your event if you're stumped, but if you have an idea already, go for it! There's a lot of blue in "Up," and it might look neat if you did several different shades of it with pops of multiple colors reminiscent of the balloons. I'm imagining centerpieces that look like bunches of balloons, maybe with multiple colors of carnations or ball-shaped mums or another spherical flower.

There's a ton of great "Up" inspiration on Pinterest...
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer
 
charliegirl76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 306

I agree with Carrie. You should do whatever colors you want. I'm getting married in December and my color scheme *is* multi-color...everyone in the bridal party is wearing a different color. If you'd like to see, the link to my planning journal is just below. Good luck!
__________________
charliegirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #4
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran
 
geek+nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 861

The girls could do navy dresses with bright colored sashes and/or shoes. They could have the same style bouquet but in different colors. I say forget the season and go for color.
__________________
PJ http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post37986109

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
geek+nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #5
jgh
Peter Pan!
 
jgh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Athens, GA...461 miles from WDW!
Posts: 571

Up Ideas:
Lots of COLORS! That movie is very colorful.

Balloons balloons and more balloons!

You can also make a "Carl & Ellie" mailbox, except with your name and your hubby's name on it and use it as a decoration/place for guests to put cards.

Get your own adventure book for your guest book: http://www.etsy.com/listing/11808460...earch_type=all


Other Disney Ideas:
(these are some things that we're going to do...)

Disney inspired cake (we will have a plain two tier cake with Mickey's all over it for the wedding party/parents/grandparents) and guests will have cupcakes.

Instead of table numbers we will be doing Disney characters (or couples...we haven't decided yet).

We will be playing some Disney music during the reception (instrumental mostly, such as the Disney Wedding CD, but also a few of our other favorite songs).
__________________


jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
DizNeDame
Disney Bride To Be
 
DizNeDame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 22

Congratulations!

I almost picked an "UP" wedding theme, but changed it at the last minute. BUT, there are lot of great ideas on Pinterest if you haven't looked there yet. Here is one image of 'balloon' centerpieces I found.

My concern was that it would like a kid's birthday party, so I was happy these were a choice http://upwithballoons.com/balloon-ce...n-centerpiece/

http://www.refabdiaries.com/2012/04/recycle-new-pop-for-old-balloons.html

You also could do (another idea I had) was paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling on those bright colors from UP. Again the feeling of balloons without being a kids' party. GOOD LUCK and I would love to keep in touch to see the photos when you've decided what you are going to do!
DizNeDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran
 
cbeeindisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I wouldn't worry about time of year with colors—that's just one way to focus the look of your event if you're stumped, but if you have an idea already, go for it! There's a lot of blue in "Up," and it might look neat if you did several different shades of it with pops of multiple colors reminiscent of the balloons. I'm imagining centerpieces that look like bunches of balloons, maybe with multiple colors of carnations or ball-shaped mums or another spherical flower.

There's a ton of great "Up" inspiration on Pinterest...
Thank you! I've been on Pinterest, but I knew that my fellow Dis'ers would have some new ideas ! I like your idea of the ball-shaped mums, that would be really cute! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76 View Post
I agree with Carrie. You should do whatever colors you want. I'm getting married in December and my color scheme *is* multi-color...everyone in the bridal party is wearing a different color. If you'd like to see, the link to my planning journal is just below. Good luck!
That's kinda what I figure, people are going with bold colors anytime of the year! It's more of my family that thinks I need to take advantage of the autumnal colors, I say "eh" to the browns and golds. Your wedding sounds awesome, definitely bright and cheery! Thanks for your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek+nerd View Post
The girls could do navy dresses with bright colored sashes and/or shoes. They could have the same style bouquet but in different colors. I say forget the season and go for color.
Love that! Thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh View Post
Up Ideas:
Lots of COLORS! That movie is very colorful.

Balloons balloons and more balloons!

You can also make a "Carl & Ellie" mailbox, except with your name and your hubby's name on it and use it as a decoration/place for guests to put cards.

Get your own adventure book for your guest book: http://www.etsy.com/listing/11808460...earch_type=all


Other Disney Ideas:
(these are some things that we're going to do...)

Disney inspired cake (we will have a plain two tier cake with Mickey's all over it for the wedding party/parents/grandparents) and guests will have cupcakes.

Instead of table numbers we will be doing Disney characters (or couples...we haven't decided yet).

We will be playing some Disney music during the reception (instrumental mostly, such as the Disney Wedding CD, but also a few of our other favorite songs).
I did get my own adventure book from Etsy, LOVE it! I also bought a fingerprint guest book, so that I could hang in my house, and it's a house with our names and the balloons will be everyone's fingerprints! Great minds think alike

I love your wedding ideas, you sound like you're on my same page when it comes to our weddings! Great minds think alike Thank you for sharing your ideas from your wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNeDame View Post
I almost picked an "UP" wedding theme, but changed it at the last minute. BUT, there are lot of great ideas on Pinterest if you haven't looked there yet. Here is one image of 'balloon' centerpieces I found.

My concern was that it would like a kid's birthday party, so I was happy these were a choice http://upwithballoons.com/balloon-ce...n-centerpiece/

http://www.refabdiaries.com/2012/04/recycle-new-pop-for-old-balloons.html

You also could do (another idea I had) was paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling on those bright colors from UP. Again the feeling of balloons without being a kids' party. GOOD LUCK and I would love to keep in touch to see the photos when you've decided what you are going to do!
What theme did you end up with? There definitely is a thin line between wedding and birthday party. I hope I can pull off a theme that is still elegant! Love the lantern idea !! Thank you for your ideas! Absolutely, I'll be posting when I have more updates!
__________________

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.