Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #16
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
It sure is! Take it from someone who has been denied connecting rooms! And has also had the misfortune of being downgraded from a paid for room type to a lesser room. Twice.

Odds may be slim you won't get what you ask for (or what you pay for), but it does happen, and when it happens to you it is not fun.

I think people who insist everything will be ok do people a grave miss-service.
Heck, how many times do we see people on here complaining because they didn't get XYZ that someone else got? Towel animals, connecting rooms, magic shots, special FPs... Nearly daily do we have someone complain about something like that. As such, it is SO much better to make there are realistic expectations as to what can be done.

And that means saying that it is not always possible to get connecting or even adjoining rooms and that they are not guaranteed.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #17
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
I guess it's the personal experience I've had with connecting rooms for the past 15 years or so and have never had an issue. Just because a couple of random Disers didn't get connecting rooms certainly doesnt mean that no one else should ever expect to receive their room request. Lets not over react here. I mean, educate yourself with the possibilities, bit the odds are pretty slim a room request under those circumstances is going to be denied.
Point is, "those circumstances" (two adults outnumbered by minors) don't qualify or demand that the party be placed in connecting rooms. Yes, if it's at all possible those parties and any others requesting connecting rooms will get them - but because each adult could be assigned to a non-connecting room with some of the minors makes the original statement erroneous.

Quote:
That's exactly what I said.
Respectfully, you said Disney. Disney didn't create the concept of or the difference between connecting and adjoining rooms. The hospitality industry, which existed long before Disney resorts, did - and as I said originally I wanted to clarify that the distinction wasn't unique to or originated by Disney.
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #18
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
I guess it's the personal experience I've had with connecting rooms for the past 15 years or so and have never had an issue. Just because a couple of random Disers didn't get connecting rooms certainly doesnt mean that no one else should ever expect to receive their room request. Lets not over react here. I mean, educate yourself with the possibilities, bit the odds are pretty slim a room request under those circumstances is going to be denied.
If I were traveling during a week that the resort is near max occupancy, or even if I was checking in late in the evening, I would not hold my breath for connecting rooms. If you're traveling during the second week of September or January, that might be a different story.

I used to work in a hotel (not Disney), and if I had a guest in front of me at 3pm making a stink about not getting connecting rooms, and you were assigned connecting rooms but hadn't checked in yet, please believe I am switching you out of those connecting rooms and putting this guest in them. Then I would just deal with you when you arrive, IF you arrive. Most hotel employees are trained to deal with the guests they have in front of them and not worry about the guests that have not arrived yet... because you don't know for sure if they will (no shows happen every night) AND you don't know how they will react.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: