Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #31
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

October 16, 2012 - Vacation Day 5, Cruise Day 3 - Day at Sea - Part 2

After the fun on deck we went to gram some lunch in Tritons. On the way we saw Daisy in all of her Cruisewear cuteness.

It is so pretty in here!

Pete had a Burger and I have the Mushroom Pasta. It was very good. Pete ordered Desert, Tiramisù I think, I got a Mickey Bar of course. My desert of choice.

After lunch it was time to learn how to play the ukulele. "Uncle" was a great addition to the cruise. He was so flu of Hawaiin knowledge it was fun just being around him. Sadly Pete did not master the skill of playing like he hoped to...LOL Happily we did not come home with a ukulele

I love the lighting in the Promenade Lounge.

We had such a fun time. All of the Hawaiin activities were so much fun. I am glad we took time to enjoy as many of the special activities as we could. The next activity was the Hawaiian Mix-oligy class.

It was in the Cadillac Lounge. Pete wasn't so sure of it...but he warmed up fast.

They had all of the drinks set up in from of chairs. Luckily no one sat next to Pete so he had double, plus the few I didn't care for.

They went through each drink and told us how to make them. Then Pete was picked from the group to make a full size drink. He was a bit heavy handed with the pouring. LOL

It was VERY good!

One more drink for the road......

The Mix-oligy class was a greta value and we had so much fun. We had to rush now to get ready for Kristen & Trevor's wedding. I was heading to her room to help her get ready. I love Disney Brides - You know being one and all. But I love weddings in general! Since my wedding I have been lucky to have over 10 Disney Cruise Line Brides book their vacation through me at my agency and getting to relive my own Disney Cruise Wedding has been so amazing.
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #32
Goldeelox9

October 16, 2012 - Vacation Day 5, Cruise Day 3 - Day at Sea - Part 3

I showered and got dressed and went down to Kristen & Trevor's room. He was ready and just leaving and Kristen had her hair and Make Up all done. I just helped her into her dress took some pictures and then we headed up to the "secret" deck on deck 7 for the ceremony.

Hidden Mickey in her Flowers...

She looked like a model....stunning!!!

The wedding started and there were some other DISers there taking pictures. Pete was toasted and video-ing. Other great DISer videoed for her too, but Ben had professional equipment and even wired Trevor for sound before the wedding started. The kindness of DIS board members always makes me so happy!

There were people on their balconies watching the wedding below. Soo sweet!

The cake was so pretty! I wish I would have tasted it.

Hawaiian Leis....so Pretty!

Look at those smiles. I swear they are one of the greatest couples. So nice and sweet.

I love this picture...I swear the joy on Kristen's face was so contagious.

Another Disney Bride I was able to part of. I am so thankful Kristen asked for my help. I am glad to have a new friend too!

*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #33
Goldeelox9

October 16, 2012 - Vacation Day 5, Cruise Day 3 - Day at Sea - Part 4

After the wedding we had a bit of time to kill before dinner. We walked around and then stopped to watch the Hawaiian dancers some. They were so pretty.

A cute semi-drunk picture of my Groom. Hard to imagine that we were already celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary. Time has flown by!

Tonight was a California Menu

I started with Yummy Polenta. It was good.

Pete had a fufu coffee drink....working on getting rid of his buzz. HAHA!

Dinner was nothing extraordinary and I took no pictures of it. I was so tired and ready for bed. Not before desert.

On the way back to the room we stopped to listen to a little live music.

It didn't last long. I started drifting off.

I needed sleep....oh and look ANOTHER night we had to set the clocks back. No wonder I was exhausted. LOL

Pete went up on deck to hang with his up all night crowd. LOL

Old 06-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #34
Goldeelox9

October 17, 2012 - Vacation Day 6, Cruise Day 4 - Day at Sea

Today I tried to sleep in and made it to about 6am. YAWN!!! We got up and showered and dressed for the day. We went to Tritons for Breakfast. I love not having to fight with the buffet crowd.

After Breakfast was Bracelet making in Animators Palate. We were able to make Kukui Nut bracelets.

We were Early so we headed out on Deck 4 to the see the water. It was so pretty.

This next picture I took to show my clients how safe the railings are on the Disney cruise.

Finally it was time to head in to make the bracelets. I made a nice Brown one and Pete made one for our niece Alyssa.

After that we decided to go see a movie. The Odd Life of Timothy Green was playing so we headed to the Theater and got great seats. The movie made me cry, the ugly cry. LOL

We were starving after the movie so we made a bee line to our room and put on our bathing suits. We went to get food on the pool deck and then spent the afternoon swimming. Way too long. We had to rush like crazy to get ready for dinner.

Dinner was in Tritons.

Someone is getting tired of my photography! He still has like 15 days to go...HAHA!

We had a visitor at dinner. The Ariel!

Yum...My Appetizer...Escargot.

Pete's Appetizer...not as good and mine.

Dinner -

Pete's Desert is the Soufflé , I had a Crem Brûlée

After Dinner we decided to go to the Promenade Lounge. The entertainment was lack luster to say the least. These two...ugh!

HERE is a Link to the Video. LOL

Again...I needed sleep. Another full day!

Again, Pete went up on the deck to hang out a while.

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 06-19-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #35
Goldeelox9

October 18, 2012 - Vacation Day 7, Cruise Day 5 - Day at Sea

It is our last Sea Day before we hit land! It was a lot warmer today and I was looking forward to some more pool time.

We finally were able to sleep it. It was so nice. We woke up and showered and got ready to meet Donna for lunch. We had met through the Fish Extender Exchange. It was her 52nd (I think) wedding anniversary Cruise. Her husband George and her drove from Fl to LA then took the train.

I think the Milage is a bit off from the west coast. LOL

You can see Donna's Bandaid in the picture. She fell and needed stitches onboard. They also xrayed her. It's nice to know that Disney provides medical care while onboard when needed.

We ende up getting a whole group together for lunch. Mainly DISboard people. We had a great time. We closed the restaurant down. I had a steak sandwich and a Mickey bar...no pictures though.

After lunch it was only about 30 minutes until out private Pink Lady Champaign tasting.

Again we were drinking in the Cadillac Lounge. The Cadillac lounge is the indoor back up location for Disney weddings. I despise the decor and told Pete I would NOT be getting married in there if our wedding was canceled due to weather. Thankfully our Castaway Cay wedding went off without a hitch!

We would be tasting 4 or 5 different drinks. I was looking forward to the Rosa Regale.

We had so much fun!

This is Joanne and I. She was so sweet!

Pete again ended up with some extras. LOL

Before we left we took a group picture! I am way in the back but you can see my head.

We headed to the pool for a swim after all of those drinks HA! I ended up reading until it got dark and then again we had to rush to get ready for dinner. I don't know how people do the early dining.

On our way to dinner the pool was just about empty!

Pete loves when i am pointing the camera in his face.

I, on the other hand do not mind. But as you can tell it is easy to forget that I was even on the trip. HAHA!

Dinner tonight was not that great. It wasn't anything spectacular.

This was the first cruise I let Pete wear shorts to dinner. He didn't do it every night, but it was truly too long to dress up. We were not the only ones going sorta casual. I feel bad when I think about it, but we are lucky we made it to dinner most nights. HA!

We went for a walk after dinner. The smaller ships are so nice. The Magic and Wonder are truly my favorites. There were so many times that it felt like we were the only people on the ship!

We both went to bed tonight by 11pm. Tomorrow is a BIG day!

Old 06-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #36
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your trip report. Cant wait for more

eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #37
Goldeelox9

Thanks! I will try for an update tonight. I am so glad someone is reading. HAHA!

Old 06-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #38
Sparky47
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
Thanks! I will try for an update tonight. I am so glad someone is reading. HAHA!
I'm still reading! We were on this cruise and it's great to re-live it (and keep wondering if we'll be in any of your pictures - other than the one of my husband boarding the ship in front of you!) Reading your report makes me more excited for our Panama Canal cruise in September!
Sparky47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #39
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Signing on! Looks like a dream trip!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #40
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Really enjoying your TR! Can't wait to get to the islands
Old 06-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #41
Aunt KatKat
Mouseketeer

Please keep writing, I want to keep reading!!! Thank you for this.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #42
Goldeelox9

October 19, 2012 - Vacation Day 8, Cruise Day 6 - Maui

UGH....I just lost this whole post...lets start again.

So we woke up super early since the Pride of Maui was picking us up a little after 7am. We threw on clothes and headed up to the top deck to see Land! Of course I checked my email right away. It's been like 5 days since I was in contact with my clients. Sure my boss was handling any problems but I needed to make sure everyone was ok.

It was breathtaking. It was amazing. It is a moment I will never forget...seeing the sun rise in Hawaii! I was in HAWAII!!!

Just a quick shot of the crew pool. So glad that we get the big pool. This is so small.

So back to the view...amazing!

We heard the announcement....The boat was clear for us to disembark.

We got off of the ship and went right to the Van pick up. We booked a snorkel excursion through Pride of Maui. They were great and even offered pick up and drop off at the ship. There were two vans of guests from our ship.

As soon as we were on the bus I called home to talk to my favorite little ones. this was the longest I have ever went without talking to them and I could not wait to hear those little voices!! We had a greta conversation and before I knew it we were at the boat.

As soon as we boarded we grabbed some muffins and juice and went to the top deck.

I called my Dad real fast. I missed my family so much. We always travel together and it was weird not having them with me.

I am glad we sat up on top the boat. Look at that view.

Pete went and grabbed us some snorkels. We were so excited to snorkel in Hawaii!

It took about 30 minutes to get to the Molokini Crater. Once we got there it was time to get into the water. Poor Pete...he wears a size 15 shoe and they did not have fins to fit him. We tried the largest ones and it looked like one of the Stepsisters trying on Cinderella's shoe.

He had to snorkel without fins. We didn't think it would be a big deal and we hopped in the water.

[img] [/img]

We had a waterproof camera and a case for our flip for videos. It was fun to swim around and take pictures.

There was also a photographer in the water taking pictures. We didn't plan on buying the Disk, but then on the way back to land we got together with 4 other couples and all split the cost. I made copies for everyone back on the ship. This is my favorite one they took!

[img]http://*****************************/8156547347_2c2d823f57_z.jpg[/img]

There were so many fish. We were in awe. I was Pete's first time snorkeling and he really liked it.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #43
Goldeelox9

October 19, 2012 - Vacation Day 8, Cruise Day 6 - Maui, Part 2

The water was freezing. I am spoiled in the Atlantic Ocean here on the east coast. Brrr!

But the fish were amazing!

It was time to head back to the boat. We were getting ready to head to Turtle Town.

There was slide on the ship but I was too chicken to try it.

These were the ladders to get back into the boat.

There was also walk in stairs. They were mainly from the scuba divers but anyone could have used them.

So we traveled 15 minutes of so and headed to Turtle Town. Pete was tired out from swimming with no fins.

We held hands as we swam and looked for turtles.

You know some Sea Turtles are 150 years old per Crush. LOL There were rules, we were not allowed to get within 5 feet of them and we could not touch them at all!

We were beat so we got back on the ship. We had a great lunch. Burgers, Chicken, Hot dogs, salads and DRINKS!

On the way back a whole school of Dolphins swam beside the ship! It was so exciting seeing them!

CLICK HERE to see a short video of the Dolphins Swimming.

We had a great time chatting with a couple we had met on the ship. They were great! The ride back was nice and slow. We got back to the dock around 1pm and reboarded the vans back to the ship. We had to shower and get ready for the fun luau tonight.

Once back on the ship we went to the top deck for some more pictures.

Of course I called the kids since it was almost bed time for them. We chatted and I found out my sister had broken her finger. They were leaving for WDW in 4 days! I hated being so far away!

I had arranged for a driver to take us to the Luau. We did not book the luau through the ship. I found one with fire dancers that was 1/2 the price. We went to the Te Au Moana Luau at the Wailea Marriott.

We used Steve Blue who owns Surf Taxi Maui.

He was great. He picked us up at 4pm and we made the drive to the Luau.

We got to the hotel and it was STUNNING! We wandered around and took some pictures.

We then started heading down to the beach. Taking pictures along the way of course.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #44
Goldeelox9

October 19, 2012 - Vacation Day 8, Cruise Day 6 - Maui, Part 3

Pete was so excited when he found out I paid for the front row seating!!

We went and grabbed out seats and met out table mates. One of which was a Disney Crew member.

We received Leis when we entered. They were so pretty!

Pete grabbed us drinks (included in the price) and then the food was presented.

The sun started to set and the pre show started!

We headed up and filled our plates. It got insane the further down the line we went the better the food looked.

The pork was the best!

Then the show started....Lots of show pictures!!!

This is Morgan our DCL friend. We gave her a ride in our car on the way back to the port. She was so sweet.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #45
Goldeelox9

October 19, 2012 - Vacation Day 8, Cruise Day 6 - Maui, Part 4

The Fire Twirlers were up next!

It was time to leave and we offered Morgan a ride back with us. Steve was coming to get us.

We made it back to the ship with 30 minutes to spare. We were both tired. Pete even came right to bed with me. The next day was another fun filled extra packed day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: