Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
DisneyDreamer1974
Mouseketeer

Yacht Club standard rooms

Will be arriving at the Yacht Club on 8/19. We will be arriving later in the afternoon, probably around 2-4. I don't have any special request on my ressie as I have a standard room. I do know from experience that the earlier you arrive the better chance you have of getting a request or a better location room.

Are there better standard rooms at the Yacht than others? I don't except to get a really good view with my balcony considering I just have a standard view. And how many floors high is the Yacht, I can't go much over four floors high at all? (Probably would have a real problem staying at BLT)
DisneyDreamer1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

I have only stayed there once but the one thing I didn't care for about my room was how FAR it was from the lobby. I would request "close to lobby".
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Kim1964
Was intimidated by her bug, but don't worry she's conquered it!

It's five floors, with club level on the fifth.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Well, I was going to say that some of the standard rooms on higher floors may have views of either Illuminations or even the MK fireworks. These would be the rooms facing the YC parking lot. But you don't seem to be a fan of the upper floors.

A previous poster made an excellent point- a room close to the lobby would give you the quickest access to transportation and to EPCOT, so that may be a request you want to make.

Last edited by natebenma; 05-05-2013 at 03:10 PM.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Yeah, certainly some standard view rooms have better views than others, but not enough better to really stress about it. I would make your main request be close to the lobby.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
mmmears
DIS Veteran

When staying standard at the YC, I do request to be closer to the lobby. There are some long hallways at the YC...

You won't be above the 4th floor since the 5th floor is all CL rooms, but you can always request "lower floor" if you want to.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
When staying standard at the YC, I do request to be closer to the lobby. There are some long hallways at the YC...

You won't be above the 4th floor since the 5th floor is all CL rooms, but you can always request "lower floor" if you want to.
We requested a 1st floor room, day bed close to lobby. We got a 1st floor room and a daybed. Our room was far from the lobby, but we were glad to get our 1st two requests.

1st floor rooms are great with large balconies.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
SydsMommy
Earning My Ears

We were at the YC a few weeks ago and checked in at 5pm. I am sort of obsessive about room location so was worried about checking in so late. We had made requests to be near the elevator and lobby. I mentioned to the cast member checking us in about the requests. She actually pulled out a map of the resort, showed me all the rooms available and let me pick which room we wanted. It was fantastic!
SydsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #9
DisneyDreamer1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydsMommy View Post
We were at the YC a few weeks ago and checked in at 5pm. I am sort of obsessive about room location so was worried about checking in so late. We had made requests to be near the elevator and lobby. I mentioned to the cast member checking us in about the requests. She actually pulled out a map of the resort, showed me all the rooms available and let me pick which room we wanted. It was fantastic!
WoW!!!!!!!
DisneyDreamer1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

YC Room Locator Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydsMommy View Post
Is there a YC room number locator map available to the general public anywhere on the "internetz"? I would love to find one for Sago Cay at the GF as well especially on the monorail (West) side rooms. Which room numbers are on the West side and are the higher numbers to the North or South? Why are such details so hard to find?

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #11
moobar25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby428 View Post
Is there a YC room number locator map available to the general public anywhere on the "internetz"? I would love to find one for Sago Cay at the GF as well especially on the monorail (West) side rooms. Which room numbers are on the West side and are the higher numbers to the North or South? Why are such details so hard to find?
I found this, hope it helps:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/y...er-map.865379/

You have to scroll down a bit.
AKV-CL 1/15, BCV 9/14, AKV-CL/BCV 5/14, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon

moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #12
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby428 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moobar25 View Post
I found this, hope it helps:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/y...er-map.865379/

You have to scroll down a bit.
This map has the correct layout/room numbers, but some of the view designations are no longer correct. In 2011, the resort reclassified all rooms into Water View, Garden View and Standard View.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #13
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer1974 View Post
Will be arriving at the Yacht Club on 8/19. We will be arriving later in the afternoon, probably around 2-4. I don't have any special request on my ressie as I have a standard room. I do know from experience that the earlier you arrive the better chance you have of getting a request or a better location room.

Are there better standard rooms at the Yacht than others? I don't except to get a really good view with my balcony considering I just have a standard view. And how many floors high is the Yacht, I can't go much over four floors high at all? (Probably would have a real problem staying at BLT)
My personal experience with booking a standard view room at YC was that getting there early made no difference at all. We actually arrived very late back in April due to travel delays. We had booked a standard view room on CL at the Yacht Club.

We checked in around midnight, to find that we had been upgraded to a lagoon view on CL!!!!

Needless to say, I never got to see that standard view.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #14
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

i agree with the close to lobby. One year, we overlooked the AC unit and we were WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY at the end of the hallway..it was a Kubrickian hallway!
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: