Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
rachel09985
DIS Veteran
 
rachel09985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Originally Ohio)
Posts: 3,306

Room Only Money Back with Disney Visa

Quick Question(s)

If I book a room only reservation when is the last day that I have to cancel to get 100% of my money back? If I add dining plan without tickets (annual passholder) is the cutoff point 45 days?

Also, do you get 6 month interest free financing with a room only reservation if you book through disney?

thanks!
__________________

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
dansamy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,681

Room only is 5 days, I think.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
Marthasor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Quick Question(s)

If I book a room only reservation when is the last day that I have to cancel to get 100% of my money back? If I add dining plan without tickets (annual passholder) is the cutoff point 45 days?

Also, do you get 6 month interest free financing with a room only reservation if you book through disney?

thanks!
Room-only - cancel 5 days prior to get full refund. Once it's a package, you have 45 days prior to get a full refund.

You only get 6 months interest free if you book a package. Doesn't work with a room only reservation.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
rachel09985
DIS Veteran
 
rachel09985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Originally Ohio)
Posts: 3,306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
Room-only - cancel 5 days prior to get full refund. Once it's a package, you have 45 days prior to get a full refund.

You only get 6 months interest free if you book a package. Doesn't work with a room only reservation.
Thanks! Would just adding the dining plan count as a package or does it need to have tickets also?

Thanks.
__________________

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran
 
Smiling Cheshire Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,375

I'm a passholder too and I've wondered about how it works when adding the Dining plan as well.

Does Disney require notice of a certain number of days before your room only ressie that you have to add the dining plan? Just wondering if you could wait and add the dining plan just a few days before your trip if you weren't sure.

Hope you don't mind me adding this question to your thread.
__________________

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Thanks! Would just adding the dining plan count as a package or does it need to have tickets also?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
I'm a passholder too and I've wondered about how it works when adding the Dining plan as well.

Does Disney require notice of a certain number of days before your room only ressie that you have to add the dining plan? Just wondering if you could wait and add the dining plan just a few days before your trip if you weren't sure.

Hope you don't mind me adding this question to your thread.
Normally, a reservation has to have at least room and tickets to be a package. I know that AP holders can get what's called a ticketless dining package, but I don't know if that would count toward the 0% interest-free promotion.

Last edited by siskaren; 05-04-2013 at 09:42 PM.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #7
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Normally, a reservation has to have at least room and tickets to be a package. I know that AP holders can get what's called a ticketless dining package, but I don't know if that would count toward the 0% interest-free promotion.
Not true...
a package just has to have more than the room!
I have gotten the 6 mo free financing on my Disney visa using an AP package.
I also got 6 mo free financing on a DCL onboard credit by adding it to my reservation prior to the cruise!! This is a great way to get free financing on your gratuities and any other onboard expenditures you might have!! You just have to add it prior to cruising.
So there are differences in what they consider giving the zero % financing to, but they do not give it to room only ressie. That is a definite.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Not true...
a package just has to have more than the room!
I have gotten the 6 mo free financing on my Disney visa using an AP package.
Unless you have an AP, you can't get just room and dining.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
I'm a passholder too and I've wondered about how it works when adding the Dining plan as well.

Does Disney require notice of a certain number of days before your room only ressie that you have to add the dining plan? Just wondering if you could wait and add the dining plan just a few days before your trip if you weren't sure.
Dining must be added at least 72 hours (3 days) prior to arrival. AP holders can book a ticketless package (AP + Dine) as the pp mentioned. With that said, if you have room only booked and want to change to a package, the room only would have to be cancelled/refunded and the package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit or payment in full if this is done 44 days or less from arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Unless you have an AP, you can't get just room and dining.
This is correct. The other exceptions are DVC members staying on points and those who rent points. They can add the DDP without a ticket purchase as can people renting points from a member.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

I apologize for the hijacking... but I have a question. I didn't realize you didn't have to put tickets in your package if you had an AP. I am going with a group of gals who do not have aps... If I book a room only with my AP, does everyone need to have an ap in order for us to have the dp? Or can I just add the dp? (and then they will get their tickets else where)

TIA
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,597

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I apologize for the hijacking... but I have a question. I didn't realize you didn't have to put tickets in your package if you had an AP. I am going with a group of gals who do not have aps... If I book a room only with my AP, does everyone need to have an ap in order for us to have the dp? Or can I just add the dp? (and then they will get their tickets else where)

TIA
They do not need tickets either to get the DDP. But for you to book the AP ticketless package with dining you have to have an AP rate room or a rack rate room. I haven't read the rest of the thread so I don't know if that applies in your situation or not.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #12
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Unless you have an AP, you can't get just room and dining.
Actually, there is another exception to this, but not available to the general public...

CMs can get a pkg for themselves or for friends/family that is just a room/dining. Did it in March. WOW! What a deal!! Dining plan was $30 a night...But you have to know someone who can book this one for you....
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #13
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
They do not need tickets either to get the DDP. But for you to book the AP ticketless package with dining you have to have an AP rate room or a rack rate room. I haven't read the rest of the thread so I don't know if that applies in your situation or not.

Thanks! As of right now we are booked with rack rate. I hope to see an ap discount for our dates... but they have not come out for fall yet.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #14
dansamy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

Actually, there is another exception to this, but not available to the general public...

CMs can get a pkg for themselves or for friends/family that is just a room/dining. Did it in March. WOW! What a deal!! Dining plan was $30 a night...But you have to know someone who can book this one for you....
I need to make a few friends... :-D
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.