Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
dnamertz
DIS Veteran

Disneyland Hotel (or PPH) for Under $150?

Is it ever possible to book the Disneyland Hotel (or the Paradise Pier Hotel) for under $150 per night? We usually stay offsite because we like something affordable and a little closer (we're planning on BWPPI for our next trip...$99 per night).

However, the more I read about the EMH offered to guests staying on DL properties, I'm wondering if it's worth paying extra to stay on-site to be able to get early entrance all 5 days instead of just one. But, paying more than double what we could pay at BWPPI is just out of our reach...so I'm wondering if there is ever any way to get a great deal staying on-site (to me a great deal is $150 or less...which sounds ridiculous to hear myself say that, as I don't know that I've ever paid that much to stay in a hotel).
dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

No, and unless you have access to a military or AP rate I don't think you'll even come close. I stayed there in 2011 with an AP discount at $184 per night. I just did a search for an off-season weeknight and it was $255 not including tax.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Doubtful...some things that could help you keep onsite costs lower would be to go during an event like Dapper Days so you take advantage of their rates.

Also going off season, mid week maybe? But you'll have shortened park hours, more refurbs, less entertainment.

I've seen on here where Orbitz sometimes offers 15% off on hotels and it's valid at Disney properties also....still won't get you to $150 though.

Also check into AAA discounts if you are a member...or Costco too!

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877

awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnamertz View Post
Is it ever possible to book the Disneyland Hotel (or the Paradise Pier Hotel) for under $150 per night? We usually stay offsite because we like something affordable and a little closer (we're planning on BWPPI for our next trip...$99 per night).

However, the more I read about the EMH offered to guests staying on DL properties, I'm wondering if it's worth paying extra to stay on-site to be able to get early entrance all 5 days instead of just one. But, paying more than double what we could pay at BWPPI is just out of our reach...so I'm wondering if there is ever any way to get a great deal staying on-site (to me a great deal is $150 or less...which sounds ridiculous to hear myself say that, as I don't know that I've ever paid that much to stay in a hotel).
Right after 9/11, there were steep discounts for these hotels but since then, no.
Sorry....I would rather have high prices on on-site hotels than any horrific event again!
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

There was a booking problem with Paradise Pier when we stayed there last week with our AP rate and the lead/manager said that AP rates at both Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel are booked for months in advance all through the summer, that no AP rate rooms are available.

And even an AP rate room at its cheapest (City view or no view) is still over $150 and then you have 17% taxes on top of that and then you have a $6 fee called the Anaheim City something or other fee. Then you also now have to pay for parking. I'm not sure when that started as everytime we went it was included in the resort fee. Now we get a resort fee plus parking on top of it at $15 a day/night or $22 for valet.
The lead/manager said it's been that way for a while now (as in over a year) but in October of 2012 we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and we were not charged for parking it was included in our resort fee
Minuet888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #6
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Nope. Even with a huge ap discouby the cheapest I've seen is $250

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #7
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

Please tell me where I can find it! I have come to expect that anything with the word "Disney" in it, to be twice the price. That way I am not shocked to see the "real" price!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #8
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran

Convention prices are close to your $150 budget. I just saw the CHEA (Christian home schoolers) site with 164/night standard DLH rooms--in June! Even if you had to register for the convention to get that rate (not sure whether you do) it is only about $100.
I'm pretty sure they just renamed the resort fee "parking"--you don't get charged both. But yes, add $15 per night to the rate for parking.
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:34 AM   #9
Ingrid0382
Mouseketeer

So is taking advantage of rates for conventions you don't plan on having anything to do with considered okay now? I'm genuinely curious. I would feel kind of bad taking the spot of someone who was actually interested in the convention just so I could get a decent hotel rate.
Ingrid0382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #10
traceee
Earning My Ears

With the Orbitz 15% off discount, I found PP standard room for $177. We decided to stay at the Hojo though ($119) and had a blast there.
traceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:56 AM   #11
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid0382
So is taking advantage of rates for conventions you don't plan on having anything to do with considered okay now? I'm genuinely curious. I would feel kind of bad taking the spot of someone who was actually interested in the convention just so I could get a decent hotel rate.
I think "genuinely snarky" is more like it but I'll bite: I am a home schooler so I would conceivably go to that convention; I have no idea what interests or affiliations OP has but I am sure there's a convention at DLH to fit. How is that any different than Dapper Days or Gay Days rates?
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #12
lana772
Disneyland Lover

We are AP holders and haven't gotten a price under $150 in over 4 years.
lana772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #13
MrsJackSparrow4Life
DIS Veteran

I got PPH for $100 a night back in November 2009. I had never seen it that low before and I have yet to see it go that low again.

As nice as it was and as much as I would love to take advantage of EMH at DCA I can not spend much more than that when there are plenty of close offsite options for half the price.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #14
dnamertz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsmama View Post
Doubtful...some things that could help you keep onsite costs lower would be to go during an event like Dapper Days so you take advantage of their rates.

Also going off season, mid week maybe? But you'll have shortened park hours, more refurbs, less entertainment.
When we go it is usually off season, during the week. I prefer to avoid the peak season and weekend crowds, and the shorter hours are easier on us.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #15
dnamertz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid0382 View Post
Seems dishonest. Although, I'm not sure why someone going there for a convention needs to use one of the DL hotels.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: